• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nabil Bentaleb

Either his agent (most likely) is misleading him and trying to get a bigger payday or Bentaleb is another jumped up youngster like Sterling.

Should pay him in line with what the other youngsters that came through last season. He is not a 60k player. 40-45k yeah ok.

IMO he hasn't made it, needs to show another step up to warrant 60-80k.

I'd quite happily sell the potential.. if these so called larger sides are sniffing then let them pay.. and we go out and buy someone with experience.. McCarthy.. Sneid etc.

Let him rot on the bench at PSG.. Rabiot an example of taking the money over playing. He would not progress with PS uckinG.

Should pay him in line with what the other youngsters that came through last season. He is not a 60k player. 40-45k yeah ok.

Meanwhile we are tinkling away tens of thousand of pounds on Adebayor, Soldado and Pauliniho. I wonder how much we are spending on those underachievers every week

I do like the kid but going public about being angry with the club is not going to do him any favours with the fans.

That said if there is some crazy disparity between what he has been offered and what Kane has then may be he has a right to be peeved.

But again he should not have run his mouth to the media.

I'd quite happily sell the potential.. if these so called larger sides are sniffing then let them pay.. and we go out and buy someone with experience.. McCarthy.. Sneid etc.

Let him rot on the bench at PSG.. Rabiot an example of taking the money over playing. He would not progress with PS uckinG.

HeCHBeA.gif

Pay this kid what he wants, imo. If reports are to be believed, he wants as much as Kane's making: does that seem so unreasonable? We won't be able to hold on to him for longer than a few years anyway, and I suspect that the strategy of contract renewals that both the club and the player employs generally takes this into account: hence, if we put him on, say, a five-year deal, he'll likely ask for a contract renewal in year 2 or 3 if there's space for upward advancement through the wage ranks and we're advancing enough to make him stay. If not, he'll likely agitate for a move in the aforementioned second or third year. Either way, we won't be able to hold on to him for much longer than that (probably another couple of years into his follow-on four/five-year deal, if he does develop as much as we're hoping he will), but selling him now, when we're likely to get a Stambouli-type replacement for one of the few naturally talented box-to-box midfielders we've got left....that isn't a good move, imo.

I hope Levy's on top of this. Surely he sees that the costs of losing Bentaleb outweigh his relatively modest wage demands. To be honest, I think it isn't about Bentaleb's wage demands being too high, per se: I suspect it has more to do with the rapid rise in wages for the likes of Kane, Mason and now (potentially) Bentaleb in the past year. Their wages aren't at all taxing to the club individually, but a parts of a trend, they could influence the likes of Onomah, Winks and Edwards (and by extension, most of our youth-teamers) and turn them towards the expectation of higher contracts than are usually the standard for players of their age.

Now, I obviously don't have to mention that I find that almost laughably cheap and simultaneously enraging, but in terms of where Levy's coming from with this seeming reluctance to give Bentaleb what most of us seem to agree is a deserved wage rise...that could be it.

Last edited:
Was what he said really that bad? Seemed perfectly fine to me.

Is there any reason to think that Levy isn't on top of this? No? Ok then...
I'm not happy with the comment about big clubs (CL clubs) being interested. Whilst that's a valid bargaining position it sounds nothing short of a thinly veiled threat when made public. Certainly not what you'd expect to hear from a player dedicated to the cause.

I think Levy is just playing hardball in the knowledge that he has the upper hand but I've never been a fan of players that take their contract disputes public.

I hope Levy's on top of this. Surely he sees that the costs of losing Bentaleb outweigh his relatively modest wage demands. To be honest, I think it isn't about Bentaleb's wage demands being too high, per se: I suspect it has more to do with the rapid rise in wages for the likes of Kane, Mason and now (potentially) Bentaleb in the past year. Their wages aren't at all taxing to the club individually, but a parts of a trend, they could influence the likes of Onomah, Winks and Edwards (and by extension, most of our youth-teamers) and turn them towards the expectation of higher contracts than are usually the standard for players of their age.

Now, I obviously don't have to mention that I find that almost laughably cheap and simultaneously enraging, but in terms of where Levy's coming from with this seeming reluctance to give Bentaleb what most of us seem to agree is a deserved wage rise...that could be it.
I broadly agree with your point that it may set an unwanted precedent for other young players coming up through the ranks, however if Onomah, Winks or whomever are commanding a first team spot on merit then their pay should be commensurate with their standing in the squad. If they are better players than the guys they are replacing then I don't have problem with paying them. If they don't have the same impact as Kane, Mason or Bentaleb then they don't really have an argument for pay parity and they can fudge off.

Looking at the bigger picture how much have our young players saved us in transfer fees? I think there is a little wiggle room on the pay without straying into silly bugger territory.

Can't see the problem with what he's said. Definitely not looking to move, just wants a decent wage.

Yea I agree, I don't think it's too bad, he's basically said "I want to sign a new contract, but talks have taken 9 months, I'm getting fed up with the delay, other clubs have shown interest in me, I love Spurs"

Bingo, I will say again I rarely believe the gutter press but if he is becoming " Billy big gonad*s" after one season then he needs telling to shut and give us another season to prove he is worth the big bucks.

I wonder if he is on less than Ryan Mason; didn't he sign a new deal around a similar time to when Kane did?

If so, should Bentaleb not be on similar to Mason? I believe he has had a greater start to his professional career and perhaps this is what is tinkling off his camp.

Though, i'm also tinkled off with how this is being played out; doesn't look good for either side in light of contracts given to other graduates of our academy (Kane and Mason)

I broadly agree with your point that it may set an unwanted precedent for other young players coming up through the ranks, however if Onomah, Winks or whomever are commanding a first team spot on merit then their pay should be commensurate with their standing in the squad. If they are better players than the guys they are replacing then I don't have problem with paying them. If they don't have the same impact as Kane, Mason or Bentaleb then they don't really have an argument for pay parity and they can fudge off.

Looking at the bigger picture how much have our young players saved us in transfer fees? I think there is a little wiggle room on the pay without straying into silly bugger territory.

Broadly agree with this.

I would suggest that Kane and Mason signed there deals because there heart is at Tottenham, whereas, is Benteleb's.. truly.

Talks started 9 months ago, probably the same time as Mason and Kane's. I would not be surprised if all were offered the same. But for some reason Benteleb believes in his grandeur.

Take the deal being offered or me as a fan could not give a fcuk if your gone tomorrow.. I really couldn't give a rats ar$e. Players like this are macarons for wanting more.. more.. and more.

If you don't like what's being offered.. just fcuk off, I don't care.. past caring. Bring in the next in line if need be and when they hit 20 years old, see if they accept the deal. ( I like the look of Onomah and Winks so bring them in)

I would suggest that Kane and Mason signed there deals because there heart is at Tottenham, whereas, is Benteleb's.. truly.

Talks started 9 months ago, probably the same time as Mason and Kane's. I would not be surprised if all were offered the same. But for some reason Benteleb believes in his grandeur.

Take the deal being offered or me as a fan could not give a fcuk if your gone tomorrow.. I really couldn't give a rats ar$e. Players like this are macarons for wanting more.. more.. and more.

If you don't like what's being offered.. just fcuk off, I don't care.. past caring. Bring in the next in line if need be and when they hit 20 years old, see if they accept the deal. ( I like the look of Onomah and Winks so bring them in)

Firstly, how do you know what Bentaleb has been offered? Secondly, what makes you think Bentaleb thinks he is better than BOTH Kane and Mason?

Pay this kid what he wants, imo. If reports are to be believed, he wants as much as Kane's making: does that seem so unreasonable? We won't be able to hold on to him for longer than a few years anyway, and I suspect that the strategy of contract renewals that both the club and the player employs generally takes this into account: hence, if we put him on, say, a five-year deal, he'll likely ask for a contract renewal in year 2 or 3 if there's space for upward advancement through the wage ranks and we're advancing enough to make him stay. If not, he'll likely agitate for a move in the aforementioned second or third year. Either way, we won't be able to hold on to him for much longer than that (probably another couple of years into his follow-on four/five-year deal, if he does develop as much as we're hoping he will), but selling him now, when we're likely to get a Stambouli-type replacement for one of the few naturally talented box-to-box midfielders we've got left....that isn't a good move, imo.

That's what I said. Believe Mason and Kane received similar deals.

Last edited:
Firstly, how do you know what Bentaleb has been offered? Secondly, what makes you think Bentaleb thinks he is better than BOTH Kane and Mason?

Because I would suggest that Levy isn't thick as pig brick to offer him less than Mason and Kane. Do you think Levy is that stupid? Common sense.. Yes/No?

What makes him think he is better, is because he is holding out for more than what's on the table.

Back