• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

what has happened to the transfer section?

Didn't Chelsea already tie him up 6 months ago? Don't understand these rumours about United going after Lewandowski or Falcao unless they're either selling Rooney or turning him into a midfielder.

Spurs still hope Son will shine at the Lane

All-round star: Hamburg’s Heung-Min Son can play in attack or on the flank and is capable with either foot

Tottenham are in pole position to sign Hamburg’s South Korean star Heung-Min Son — but their pursuit of the forward has been complicated by the German club’s plan to offer him a new contract this week.

Spurs have kept a close eye on Son throughout the season and they were hopeful of signing the player in the summer. Son, who can play in attack or on the flank and is capable with either foot, has also been watched by representatives from Arsenal, Emirates Marketing Project and Manchester United.

Despite Hamburg’s delicate financial position — the Bundesliga club will listen to offers for most of their players at the end of the campaign — they are increasingly confident that Son will agree to sign. As things stand today, the 20-year-old would drift out of contract at the end of next season.

Son will be offered a new long-term deal worth €2.7million (£2.3m) a year, which is nearly £45,000 a week. Standard Sport understands there is likely to be a clause in the contract which would allow Son to leave Hamburg in the summer of 2014 if his valuation, and other conditions, were met.

Should Hamburg manage to tie down Son, it would be a surprise to those who have followed his progress this season. He remains keen on a possible move to Tottenham and only last week is thought to have told friends that he expected to join the White Hart Lane club.

Although little known to English audiences, Son is regarded as one of the best prospects in the Bundesliga.

He is Hamburg’s second-top scorer with nine goals in the Bundesliga this season and, while he still has a habit of drifting out of games, he has the pace and skill to do serious damage.

It is believed that Tottenham first mentioned Son when they were negotiating the sale of Rafael van der Vaart to Hamburg last summer. Although Hamburg insist there has been no official approach for Son, Spurs have shown stronger interest than any club in the Premier League.

He is the kind of player who appeals to Spurs chairman Daniel Levy: young, hungry, relatively low profile and with a high possible re-sale value.

Son would also give his next club greater appeal in South Korea, where English football is very popular.

There is also interest from clubs in Italy and Spain, as well as from other top teams in Germany, but Son would like his next move to be to an English club. While an eventual new deal would not preclude a move to Spurs, the fee Hamburg would demand would be higher than the €10m (£8.5m) his suitors had hoped to pay.

Son and Van der Vaart have established a strong rapport since the Dutchman returned to Hamburg — so much so that the pair were nicknamed “Van der Vater [father] und Son” early in the season — and Van der Vaart believes Son should stay at Hamburg for at least another campaign. The former Spurs player said: “I think for Sonny it would be better to stay here for now. I’m not just saying that because the boy has been in outstanding form.

“It’s the first very good season in his career, he doesn’t have to make a change. At the biggest clubs, you can easily end up on the bench.”

Meanwhile, Heurelho Gomes’s season is over after he broke his left hand during Hoffenheim’s win over Dusseldorf on Friday.

The 32-year-old Brazilian, on a six month loan deal from Tottenham, collided with Andreas Lambertz and has undergone surgery to have four pins inserted in his index finger. Gomes will remain at Hoffenheim for his rehabilitation, Spurs have confirmed.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/spurs-still-hope-son-will-shine-at-the-lane-8567075.html

Really hope this one is true - just the kind of signing, Spurs should be after.

Have improved massively this season - and would give the competition/backup on the wings, we have craved for a long time now.

Didn't Chelsea already tie him up 6 months ago? Don't understand these rumours about United going after Lewandowski or Falcao unless they're either selling Rooney or turning him into a midfielder.

If there was an opportunity to sign either of those players at the expense of Wayne Rooney i think any sane manager would take it.

I don't want Drogba. I think he's a good striker, no doubt, but I'd prefer a younger striker who will have at least a few years with us, whose value will increase during the time that he plays for us and who doesn't command huge wages.

There must be other strikers that would fit that bill. After all, Drogba, Falcao, Cavani were once young with potential and look how they turned out. It's about identifying a striker with potential.

ITK!! \o/

Grey Fox on SC:

Bit early I know, but I am hearing we are trying to tie up a striker very early, possibly on a pre contract, others in pipeline dependent on CL qualification. A lot of air miles collected since January. :)

ITK!! \o/

Grey Fox on SC:

Bit early I know, but I am hearing we are trying to tie up a striker very early, possibly on a pre contract, others in pipeline dependent on CL qualification. A lot of air miles collected since January. :)

and even more airmiles to collect until 31st August

ITK!! \o/

Grey Fox on SC:

Is this related to the story about Osvaldo in London with his Mrs do you think? What do people make of him? Heard the fans haven't taken to him at Roma despite 22 in 42.

Saw this on Wiki...
On 25 November 2011, Osvaldo was apparently angry with Lamela after not receiving a pass during the 2–0 defeat at Udinese, and was fined and suspended by his club for punching team-mate Erik Lamela in the face

Is this related to the story about Osvaldo in London with his Mrs do you think? What do people make of him? Heard the fans haven't taken to him at Roma despite 22 in 42.

Saw this on Wiki...
On 25 November 2011, Osvaldo was apparently angry with Lamela after not receiving a pass during the 2–0 defeat at Udinese, and was fined and suspended by his club for punching team-mate Erik Lamela in the face

sounds like another ade to me, possible the is a decent footballer in their but also a lot of trouble. Think it was wenger that said they had to scout the players perssonality as much as their skills, something after how ade has done this season we would be wise to follow.

ITK!! \o/

Grey Fox on SC:

Just a smokescreen for the two new left backs we're signing.

He is a very classy player on the pitch, berbatov-esque. But i'd say a much better finisher.

However, off the pitch....bit of a ****

please elaborate...

we're pretty much a team of nice boys with no egos, so it depends on what kind of bad he brings - don't want to disrupt the current spirit and harmony in the team.

Back