• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

what has happened to the transfer section?

Rose and Townsend told to find new clubs? Hmmmmm

AVB is not a fan of out and out wingers. The only one he's played is Lennon and he;s tried to get him to cut inside more.
I'm not shocked he doesnt fancy Danny Rose, considering he doesnt fancy BAE who is a better version of Danny Rose.

AVB is not a fan of out and out wingers. The only one he's played is Lennon and he;s tried to get him to cut inside more.
I'm not shocked he doesnt fancy Danny Rose, considering he doesnt fancy BAE who is a better version of Danny Rose.

Is Townsend an out an out winger? Considering that he's two footed and frequently plays from the right and that he's been showing his scoring boots for QPR I can't see how he can be thought of as an out and out winger.

Danny Rose is nothing like Bae.. :eek:

Completely different styles of player.

I'd be surprised if Townsend was being touted around. I'm pretty sure AVB was singing his praises earlier in the season about how good he was looking in training. I saw his loan as an opportunity for him to prove he could perform in the league in preparation for him to be in the squad next season.

I'd be surprised if Townsend was being touted around. I'm pretty sure AVB was singing his praises earlier in the season about how good he was looking in training. I saw his loan as an opportunity for him to prove he could perform in the league in preparation for him to be in the squad next season.

Both with him and Rose we seemed quite adamant that no loaning club would get an agreed fee clause in their loan contracts. I can't imagine that what Townsend has done so far has made us decide to sell him. Makes absolutely no sense.

Is Townsend an out an out winger? Considering that he's two footed and frequently plays from the right and that he's been showing his scoring boots for QPR I can't see how he can be thought of as an out and out winger.

Well he's not a passer, he's not creative. He's a run fast, cross the ball or run fast have a shot type.
AVB seems to prefer someone who can retain possession or play a through ball.

Attacking defender that cant defend to save their lives and frequency switches off.
Fair enough one is a passer and the other a speed merchant.

One is an attacking full back, one is not.

Bae isn't an attacking defender. He sits deep and sprays in crosses.

Which is completely different to Rose who likes to overlap and take on the full back to get a cross in from the touchline.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2915...p-must-be-put-to-one-side-for-villas-boas-to-

Transfer brinkmanship must be put to one side for Villas-Boas to realise Tottenham's potential

SPECIAL REPORT
By Duncan Castles

The Portuguese boss has scraped by with a net spend of zero after pursuits for Joao Moutinho and Leandro Damiao both faltered on the final day of the last two transfer windows

There was a sense of inevitability as Emmanuel Adebayor hurried forward to scoop his penalty kick over the crossbar at St Jakob-Park. Sometimes unplayable, more often unreliable, Tottenham Hotspur's best paid footballer had suffered a night of consistently pursuing the wrong option. Ultimately it handed Andre Villas-Boas his first Europa League exit.

Just missing out on his second semi-final was an accident manufactured many months before. Villas-Boas identified Tottenham's need for an elite centre forward before accepting the manager's position last summer, yet his new employers' quixotic approach to transfers saw the club start the new season with a weaker attack than they ended the old one.

His White Hart Lane wages effectively subsidised by a vast pay-off from Emirates Marketing Project, Adebayor signed permanent terms on August 21. For all Jermain Defoe's improvement under Villas-Boas' tutelage, by winter it was clear that the club needed a striker with the physique to play up front alone and the capacity to score consistently.

The Portuguese was clear that this man was Leandro Damiao, a Brazil international who Tottenham had independently pursued for well over a year. The majority of the January window was spent waiting for Daniel Levy to be convinced of the value of investing heavily in the 23-year-old. On deadline day Internacional agreed to sell for £15.7 million. Then changed their mind.

With no time left to renegotiate and Levy piqued by such Brazilian brinkmanship, Villas-Boas was left to battle on with an unimproved squad. His situation was all the more frustrating for its familiarity – an almost carbon copy of Tottenham's failure to seal the deal for Joao Moutinho exactly five months before.

Like Damiao, Moutinho had been the manager's absolute priority. Like Damiao's, the transfer promised be an expensive, complex affair because Moutinho's club had no desire to lose him. And like Internacional, Porto's response to Levy's deadline-day negotiating was to first settle on a fee (of £22m plus £2.5m in variables), then increase their asking price as the clock ran down. When Tottenham met even that, some errant paperwork ensured the deal did not go through.

Though time-pressured bargaining has served Levy well in the past and appeals to the chairman's combative nature, it works better when the numbers are lower or he is seller rather shopper. Porto's elevated position in European football has been built upon their transfer market acumen and negotiations for individuals of Moutinho's quality can be too complex to be concertinaed into a single day.

The result of those two deadline-day failures is that Villas-Boas' debut season has been run on a zero net spend. This year's Tottenham are fitter, better prepared tactically and more maturely man managed than the squad Harry Redknapp fronted. With six matches to play they remain in position to qualify for the Champions League, combining an impressive domestic campaign with a serious tilt at the Europa League. Listen to Redknapp and you'd have thought such a strategy both impossible and worthless.

What happens next will be telling. Though he constantly researches options to strengthen his personnel, Villas-Boas has no set budget for next season. With Tottenham still seeking to finance White Hart Lane's rebuild, their manager expects his transfer spend to be determined by the presence (or not) of Champions League football and the club's success in securing a new shirt sponsor. The value of the commercial deal could be tied to the European competition Tottenham end up playing in.

Wherever they are Villas-Boas wants to retain Gareth Bale. The Welshman's agents have other ideas and have been preparing the ground for a move elsewhere – most keenly to Real Madrid – since long before Tottenham's change of management. Having improved Bale's game this season, Villas-Boas is excited by what could be achieved together in the Champions League. And he is also unconvinced that full revenues from a sale would be available for reinvestment.

Villas-Boas will once again pursue a striker (Aston Villa's Christian Benteke has been offered to the club but is far from being first choice). He believes the team would benefit from a playmaker in the mould of Willian, who was eager to work with him at Tottenham before Anzhi Makhachkala threw manic money at Shakhtar Donetsk for the Brazilian's January signature. His scouts have been looking at left-backs and a cadre of top-tier teenagers.

If Tottenham have learned their lesson they will not reach the sharp end of next season relying on a single, infamously flaky centre forward.

:-k

Someone could offer me a Ferrari, but they'll most likely want me to pay through the nose for it.

Sunday redtops saying RM want AVB to replace Mourinho................

of course they are, there's still a slither of a chance that we could finish in the top 4 and oust either Chelsea or Arsenal.

they can't let that happen without giving it their all to try and unsettle us

of course they are, there's still a slither of a chance that we could finish in the top 4 and oust either Chelsea or Arsenal.

they can't let that happen without giving it their all to try and unsettle us

Probably right.

But..........how would you all feel if a straight manager swap happened in July?

I've changed my mind, I'd like to avoid Mourinho at all cost. Regardless, I don't see AVB as the next Real manager. It takes a strong personality to follow Jose and Real is all about the short term anyway.

Probably right.

But..........how would you all feel if a straight manager swap happened in July?

never gonna happen......Mourinho wont work with a limited budget, zero net spend every transfer window

Well he's not a passer, he's not creative. He's a run fast, cross the ball or run fast have a shot type.
AVB seems to prefer someone who can retain possession or play a through ball.

He's not a playmaker type, but he's also not a traditional out and out winger. He's also young and can still develop some parts of his game.

Not sure what AVB prefers, he seems very happy both with Lennon and Bale, neither are possession retainers or playmaker types.

Back