• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

what has happened to the transfer section?

Anyone know of a Home Grown listing for our squad. Will be interesting whether players such as Hudd and Livermore earning a place over an import because of stricter rulings. Like you said Jord, bringing back Rose for Ekotto could be a forced more.

This article is from the Daily Mail, but I assume they managed to get it right: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...clays-Premier-League-squad-lists-2012-13.html

Our registered squad at the end of the summer window: Heurelho Gomes, Carlo Cudicini, Bradley Friedel, Hugo Lloris, Younes Kaboul, William Gallas, Emmanuel Adebayor, Jan Vertonghen, Benoit Assou-Ekotto, Sandro, Yago Falque, Gylfi Sigurdsson, Clint Dempsey, Aaron Lennon, Kyle Walker, Kyle Naughton, Michael Dawson, Mousa Dembele, Thomas Huddlestone, Scott Parker, Jake Livermore, Jermaine Jenas, Gareth Bale, Jermain Defoe, David Bentley.

They say that we have 12 home grown players (further down in the article). I'm assuming those are Sigurdsson, Lennon, Walker, Naughton, Dawson, Hudd, Parker, Livermore, Jenas, Bale, Defoe and Bentley.

Jenas was sold and I think we can discount Bentley. That leaves us with 10.

After the January window we registered these players:

1. Emmanuel Adebayor
2. Benoit Assou-Ekotto
3. Gareth Bale
4. David Bentley
5. Sandro Cordeiro
6. Michael Dawson
7. Jermain Defoe
8. Mousa Dembele
9. Clint Dempsey
10. Brad Friedel
11. William Gallas
12. Lewis Holtby
13. Tom Huddlestone
14. Younes Kaboul
15. Aaron Lennon
16. Jake Livermore
17. Hugo Lloris
18. Kyle Naughton
19. Jonathan Obika
20. Scott Parker
21. Gylfi Sigurdsson
22. Jan Vertonghen
23. Kyle Walker

(http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/spurs/News/premier-league-squad-list-01022013.page)

We could potentially sell two home grown players (in addition to Bentley) and still have enough of them to not leave any empty spaces in the 25 man squad. With two open places in the squad we could obviously add two non home-grown players to the current squad already. If we want to keep Falque around and eligible he would take up one spot, other than that I don't think we have anyone currently on the U21 list (separate list) that will have to be registered as they will still be U21. Of those U21 players the most likely candidates to make it into the squad in the near future (Carroll, Townsend, Caulker) will all be home grown.

Depends on incomings and outgoings, but we can quite comfortably sign 3-4 players that aren't home grown in the summer without any arising problems from what I can see, and going into the future with some home grown players coming through the ranks I think we will be fine. No need to push the limit and only leave ourselves with 8 home grown players and a full 25 man squad, but no need to panic and not sign foreigners either.

So looking at it 8 players that have been on our books for 3 seasons before there 21st birthday in a squad of 25.

It's enough to have 8 that have been on the books of ANY club from the english FA.
The number needed of players that have been at Spurs for 3 years between the age of 15-21 is only 4.
And this is only for senior players (next season, born 1991 or before), no point in including a youth player (exception is UEFA competition where a youth player have to have been with us for 2 season or he'll be consideres senior no matter age)

I take it no chance of Lewandowski right?

Some people would perhaps think there's a chance but personally I'd have to say no, absolutely no chance whatsoever. That ship sailed long ago, before the European championships last year that ship had sailed, his reputation has only been enhanced since then. Have to find these kind of players much much earlier I'm afraid, and we just don't seem to be doing that, and what's more annoying is that we don't even seem to be trying to do it.

Obviously I don't know the ins and outs of our transfer dealing so have no idea who we've come close to signing in the past but we just don't seem to want to gamble on a striker who looks to have the potential to develop in to something special, we'd rather have a failsafe option like Dempsey, someone who we know will be good, but is never going to be outstanding. (Not meant to sound like a massive dig against Dempsey, I do like him but the striker situation is rather frustrating and Dempsey often sums it up unfortunately)

I take it no chance of Lewandowski right?

Not so sure. Would expect all the teams will rich backers to target bigger names (Falcao, Cavani, Leandro etc etc); question for me is whether his price comes down from £20m - £25m which used to be quoted due to him being in the last year of his contract into the mid-teens million value which we've typically spent

Not so sure. Would expect all the teams will rich backers to target bigger names (Falcao, Cavani, Leandro etc etc); question for me is whether his price comes down from £20m - £25m which used to be quoted due to him being in the last year of his contract into the mid-teens million value which we've typically spent

Leandro is not a bigger name than Lewandowski at the moment.

Probably the only two strikers that it's realistic to see move in the summer that are more sought after are the other two you mention, Falcao and Cavani.

Would be absolutely shocked if we got Lewandowski. Would love it if I was wrong though.

I don't know how old Drogba or Beckham are. They are either good enough or not.

So many fans here call for the dismissal of strikers especially when they reach a later age.

Strikers are easier to judge than others. Take Robbie Keane, something happened to him when he went to Liverpool and he was poor when he returned and a disruptive influence behind the scenes so had to move on. But I think Ade and Defoe are assets to the club even now, but we still need a better quality striker. We haven't had one for a long time. Since the start of the century we've had a very old Sheringham, Berbatov and VDV. Everyone else has been OK or not good enough. For older fans who grew up with Archibald, Allen, Lineker, Sheringham and Klinsmann you can't really blame them for getting frustrated at players like Rebrov, Keane, Adebayor, Defoe, Crouch and Pavlychenko who can be decent but really aren't of the quality we need. But really good forwards are sooooooooo hard to come by! I think Adebayor has the talent but the man is a headcase!

I'd take him for £20m tbh, he's that good. Think we'd need CL footie though.
Think Dortmund would rather not sell to Bayern, and with Chelsea/City must likely going for Falcao/Cavani we're in with a shot if we act early after hopefully getting 4th. Doubt it though (4th and Levy acting early that is)

Think Dortmund would rather not sell to Bayern, and with Chelsea/City must likely going for Falcao/Cavani we're in with a shot if we act early after hopefully getting 4th. Doubt it though (4th and Levy acting early that is)

Surely if Bayern get him in then it would free up a player from their side. I dont know who is on their books etc but surely they will be better than our current crop

Surely if Bayern get him in then it would free up a player from their side. I dont know who is on their books etc but surely they will be better than our current crop

Hopefully Bayern goes all out for Suarez, I'd cream myself if we got Lewandowski.

Bayern might be interested, PSG might as well, wouldn't be shocked to see one of the Italian clubs be in for him, Arsenal perhaps, City might be looking to sign two strikers in the summer (you never know with that lot), wouldn't be shocked to see Real go for him either.

Even if there are no bigger clubs after him would he move from Dortmund to us? He wants to leave to a bigger club, with their CL adventure and back to back Bundesliga titles (I know they'll lose out this season) I'm not so sure moving to us is a step up for him.

Rumours are United have already tied up a deal for Falcao.

Cheeky bid for Hernandez? Can't see him get much playing time with RVP, Falcao and Rooney in front of him + Welbeck.

Back