• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

What was your highest point as a Spurs fan?

VdV against Inter Milan felt pretty good in recent times along with our draw with AC Milan.

Gazza's free kick was so long ago it doesn't feel right claiming that as my number one seeing how much we've improved in recent years.

The Crouch winner against City was special too.

The Gazza semi final and the cup win against Forest stand out for me.

Taking it on a different curve. I was incredibly proud of Teddy for his heroics during the treble-winning season. I know he may have left slightly acrimoniously but he was honest by saying he hadn't won a trophy in his career up to that point and wanted to win something. Then he came back to us. I also loved when the Arsenal fans couldn't sing 'Teddy Teddy, he went to Man United and he won fudge-all'. He just stuck three fingers up at them! Plus, his performances for England, the standout being that game against Holland at Euro 96. Abosolutely unplayable that day.

Basically, I fudging love Teddy!!

The last eight minutes of the City-Spurs game, the fifth of May 2010. The goal itself was pure bliss, but after that.... the way the lads strolled around the pitch, imperious....confident in their abilities to the point of sheer arrogance.....playing with an assurance, poise and sense of purpose I have never seen since, in the two and a half years that have followed that magical season. Those eight minutes, I knew nothing would go wrong, and that these players would not let another opportunity slip away.

For once, I believed unequivocally. It was magical.

Being at Wembley when we won 3-2, I was behind the goal for Ricky's piece of magic.

It's the only FA Cup final I've ever got a ticket for, and it was Spur's best and one of the best of all time. I was very lucky to be there, especially as my all time favourite player Glenn Hoddle was performing at his brilliant best too. Pure magic.

That's a good one, for sure, Dubai. And Crouch also sticking the hatpin in at the San Siro. I also enjoyed Gazza's Wembley wallop, Lennon's 2-1 winner over Chelsea (and Robbie Keane juking Chelsea Boukhrouz Whatsisname onto his ass), Woodgate's great Cup winner, Adebayor and Bendtner bitch-slapping one another in the 5-1 win, and Bentley's beauty from 44. But the best is...

"VeelyaHH. ...and STILL RICKY VEELYA! WHAT A FANTASTIC RUN! HE'S SCORED! AMAZING GOAL!"

The epitome of Spurs.

Stood on a bar chair at a university pub twirling a Spurs scarf over my head, one I bought in my only visit to the Lane. And the girl who became my wife bravely sat through it all. A game full of human drama and some of the loveliest goals.

Last edited:
Winning the fa cup in 1991 the only major trophy I've seen us win, but even if it ain't the same nowadays. Yeah 2 league cups and qualifying for the cl were great but not quite sure same

The Gazza semi final and the cup win against Forest stand out for me.

Taking it on a different curve. I was incredibly proud of Teddy for his heroics during the treble-winning season. I know he may have left slightly acrimoniously but he was honest by saying he hadn't won a trophy in his career up to that point and wanted to win something. Then he came back to us. I also loved when the Arsenal fans couldn't sing 'Teddy Teddy, he went to Man United and he won fudge-all'. He just stuck three fingers up at them! Plus, his performances for England, the standout being that game against Holland at Euro 96. Abosolutely unplayable that day.

Basically, I fudging love Teddy!!

Agreed. Superb player. I had the pleasure of being at Anfield when he scored that fudging BELTER of an equalizer in the 95 QF, superb curve on that goal...which brings me to another moment, when Klinsmann netted the winner with 2 mins left!!!! Scousers were fudging excellent outside the ground afterwards, plenty of 'well played lads' and general decency punctured by the odd taco. Happy days.

This.

First trophy that I saw Spurs win.

Jumped around the sitting room like a berserker when that went in.

Robbo's equalizer against Anderlecht a close second

Went up and down pogo madness on The Shelf with all my mates (we had season tix), lost my glasses in the pandemonium, finally found them on the deck and amazingly only ONE lens had been smashed out!!!!
\o/

The last eight minutes of the City-Spurs game, the fifth of May 2010. The goal itself was pure bliss, but after that.... the way the lads strolled around the pitch, imperious....confident in their abilities to the point of sheer arrogance.....playing with an assurance, poise and sense of purpose I have never seen since, in the two and a half years that have followed that magical season. Those eight minutes, I knew nothing would go wrong, and that these players would not let another opportunity slip away.

For once, I believed unequivocally. It was magical.

So funny.
I'd flown in the night before and stayed in a Yotel capsule at T3 for 6 hours before setting off to meet my mate. Bag dropped at his his, we took off, the car in a cloud of doom and pessimism other than me. I was, at that point, jet-lagged and sleep-deprived (i did not get any rest in the Yotel, just lay there watching the telly)...I not only felt SURE we would do it, I had a debate with one of my mates about how important Crouch might be and how I wanted him to play.

I was supremely confident in the ground, a few beers, singing loudly (we always get a good sing-song at City both old and new ground) and it felt like a very, very special night. For 70-odd minutes I was supremely confident Then JD just missed that ball across, as did Crouch, sliding in, goal gaping. I turned to my mates and said 'that was the moment wasn't it? fudge!' to which one of them said 'don't lose faith now, there's one more golden one coming'...we were just to the right of the goal about 7 -8 rows from the front when Crouchy scored, and I we went fudging mental. But those last 10 mins or so? Ha! I was nervous. I remember singing up just to spend the energy. There was one moment right near the end when BAE allowed the ball to go out for our throw (as I remember) and THAT was when I felt it again. When that whistle went, oh well...fudge...

On the way home (via a boozy interlude at the Knutsford services) someone started debating how far we'd go in the CL. I said we were made for that competition (still believe we are right now!) but that we shouldn't look forwards too much but just enjoy the night, the moment, and the triumph. I never took it for granted.
Thank fudge!

Being at Wembley when we won 3-2, I was behind the goal for Ricky's piece of magic.

It's the only FA Cup final I've ever got a ticket for, and it was Spur's best and one of the best of all time. I was very lucky to be there, especially as my all time favourite player Glenn Hoddle was performing at his brilliant best too. Pure magic.

Yeah, our entrance was block D as I remember...remember that there was an open day at Cheshunt that close season? I got both ticket stubs signed, one by Glenn (the first game) and one by Ricky (the replay stub)...happy days...BTW, what a BRILLIANT football match it was, and to be fair, McKenzie scored a goal that in any other final would've been Cup Final goal of the decade. But then came Ricky!

Invading the pitch and refusing to leave until the players came out and took a standing ovation after we were relegated in 77.

That's when I knew Yids were different class.

Watching Spurs play in the San Siro in the champions league has to be up there. Before that the only Spurs european tie i saw was against Kaiserslautern in the 90's.
One of my best Spurs memories was 2-0 at home to Middlesborough under Jol - the first game i ever attended as a season ticket holder. Managed to keep hold of it for the next three seasons before i couldn't afford it anymore.

Stalteri scoring against West Ham was quality, but as other people have said; Crouch against City & Milan; Gazza vs Arsenal; witnessing Ledleys tackle against Norwich - actually having the privilige of watching King play on a regular basis. Still don't think I've ever seen a better player in the flesh.

Oh and seeing Glenn Hoddle play for Swindon. My old man insisted that I saw Hoddle play before he retired. He actually named me after him - he gave the old dear the choice between Glenn & Osvaldo! Can't think why she chose the former...

Before that the only Spurs european tie i saw was against Kaiserslautern in the 90's.

GHod the 90s were brick - I'm still annoyed now, 14 years later

Read this http://www.spursodyssey.com/9900/ka041199.html match report from the away leg

UEFA CUP 2ND RD 2ND LEG
THURSDAY 4TH NOVEMBER, 1999

KAISERSLAUTERN 2 (0) TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR 0 (0)

(aggregate score 2-1) Kaiserslautern scorers:- Buck, 90, Carr o.g, 92

There will be all sorts of theories for defeat put forward in the post mortem of this game, which will no doubt revolve around George Graham's defensive strategy, and omission of Ginola for all but the last 10 minutes

Kaiserslautern, surprised by the omission of Ginola, changed their side after submitting their team sheet, re-instating Ratinho for Wagner.Spurs will probably be checking the rule book on the flight home

Spurs' morale has been deeply sapped by the events of this evening, and with Nielsen also failing a fitness test in training, the injury situation is not going to help their chances against Arsenal on Sunday.

GHod the 90s were brick - I'm still annoyed now, 14 years later

Read this http://www.spursodyssey.com/9900/ka041199.html match report from the away leg

UEFA CUP 2ND RD 2ND LEG
THURSDAY 4TH NOVEMBER, 1999

KAISERSLAUTERN 2 (0) TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR 0 (0)

(aggregate score 2-1) Kaiserslautern scorers:- Buck, 90, Carr o.g, 92

There will be all sorts of theories for defeat put forward in the post mortem of this game, which will no doubt revolve around George Graham's defensive strategy, and omission of Ginola for all but the last 10 minutes

Kaiserslautern, surprised by the omission of Ginola, changed their side after submitting their team sheet, re-instating Ratinho for Wagner.Spurs will probably be checking the rule book on the flight home

Spurs' morale has been deeply sapped by the events of this evening, and with Nielsen also failing a fitness test in training, the injury situation is not going to help their chances against Arsenal on Sunday.

hahaha a Steffen Freund "medium long" throw. Ahhhhh those weren't the days.....

High points for me were beating the Arse at Wembley in 91 with THAT Gazza freekick.

And beating Cheatski at Wembley in 08 - we FINALLY had some luck against the Cheats; Wayne Bridge handled for no reason, then Cech punched the ball off Woodgate's face into his own net.

PS - who remembers that European tie when Justin Edinburgh got the ball stuck between his feet and kind of walked it back into his own net? Could have been someone like Feyenoord in the 90s

PS - who remembers that European tie when Justin Edinburgh got the ball stuck between his feet and kind of walked it back into his own net? Could have been someone like Feyenoord in the 90s

I think what defines Spurs fans of a certain age is a degree of mental scarring from the pain we faced repeatedly when we collapsed from one being of the UK's top, top sides (60s through 80s) to just another club of pretentious has-beens in the 90s. The FA Cup defeats in the final to Coventry (87), away to Southampton, home to Emirates Marketing Project, were hideous, then losing the CC final under Glenn. Over a decade of mediocrity relieved only by 91 and by GGG'c Cup win. The defeats were so so hard to take, that a degree of pain is etched into our brains.
Hence why even in a thread about our greatest highs, inevitably the lows are mentioned. Thank fudge we are a serious proposition once again.

best moment live. The 2nd leg of the CL qualifier at home against Young Boys, never ever thought i would hear that Champions League music at the Lane. Sat (well stood) in the Park Lane was magic that night. Watching on the telly has to be the League Cup win against Chelsea @ Wembley, in a pub that was mainly full of Chelsea, and to be able to gloat at the end was pure bliss :)

Back