• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

Dier has been slated for yesterday by some
He played half a game and we didn’t create when he was off or on. It’s not his job to create
IMO watching that game he did his defensive job. The issue is and will be he cannot be played with another player who doesn’t pass well. You end up with two players not comfortable with the ball

look at how we played vs West Ham with Dier and winks (and we hadn’t won away and Chelsea were on similar form to them). That West Ham team beat Chelsea

The entire team has been slated which Dier is/was a part of. No one came out of the game with any credit. But it just so happens that Dier plays in a vital position which comes under scrutiny when he doesn’t even attempt to play a forward pass or when he doesn’t look around him or have a sense of where the opposition are before mindlessly playing the ball back to Toby or Sanchez even when no one is around him.

The entire team has been slated which Dier is/was a part of. No one came out of the game with any credit. But it just so happens that Dier plays in a vital position which comes under scrutiny when he doesn’t even attempt to play a forward pass or when he doesn’t look around him or have a sense of where the opposition are before mindlessly playing the ball back to Toby or Sanchez even when no one is around him.
Dier played some forward passes yesterday
Some didn’t come off
And yeah he did pass backwards too many times
But his midfield partner who was meant to be alongside him was no where near for him to pass and move... compare that with the Chelsea two who played in tandem as neither had to cover for a wandering full back

Dier played some forward passes yesterday
Some didn’t come off
And yeah he did pass backwards too many times
But his midfield partner who was meant to be alongside him was no where near for him to pass and move... compare that with the Chelsea two who played in tandem as neither had to cover for a wandering full back

Once again there’s a reason for Dier not doing what he’s supposed to do. I’ve not read the Sissoko thread much recently but do people excuse him and blame Dier for Sissoko not performing?

Once again there’s a reason for Dier not doing what he’s supposed to do. I’ve not read the Sissoko thread much recently but do people excuse him and blame Dier for Sissoko not performing?
No
Sissoko gets a free ride from some as he runs a lot and you cannor fault his effort
Dier had a season out and IMO sissoko was our POTY last season but his limitations are there for all to see...
Hell even his manager said he isn’t a CM... so it’s odd we’re playing him there but of course who else can cover for very own Dianna Abbott FB. It’s why I’ve said so many times, fix the right back and the CM can do their job better

Dier would be the perfect Liverpool player, when we win it’s because he is in the team. When we lose it’s not his fault. When he plays badly it’s someone else’s fault. When he gets subbed it’s not because he is playing badly. #JFTED

Good thing is Jose isn't a fool, all his teams have dominated the midfield so I've every confidence he'll get it solved and pronto. He'll know he can't get his solid core till we have the balance right in the middle.

Dier has been slated for yesterday by some
He played half a game and we didn’t create when he was off or on. It’s not his job to create
IMO watching that game he did his defensive job. The issue is and will be he cannot be played with another player who doesn’t pass well. You end up with two players not comfortable with the ball

look at how we played vs West Ham with Dier and winks (and we hadn’t won away and Chelsea were on similar form to them). That West Ham team beat Chelsea

Dier seems to be the one that is next in line for being the spacegoat when we lose, he is playing in front of two fullbacks who are hot and cold and two CB who are being run ragged covering for FB-s who are not doing their job. I still believe that once Jose gets replacements for Aurier and Rose in, Dier will be a important player for us.

Dier seems to be the one that is next in line for being the spacegoat when we lose, he is playing in front of two fullbacks who are hot and cold and two CB who are being run ragged covering for FB-s who are not doing their job. I still believe that once Jose gets replacements for Aurier and Rose in, Dier will be a important player for us.
Yeah but you must be a dinosaur along with mourinho
I mean anyone decent CM can thrive in our team

For me Mourinho got his pants pulled down and bottom smacked by Lamphard yesterday and the spacegoating of any player is quite humorous.

He tried to play several quick passes in the channels in the first 10-15 mins. Watch the replay. Sadly, once it was clear that Aurier needed Sissoko to help cover his raft of deficiencies as a professional, Dier got isolated.

Spot on!!!!!!

It seems to me that when Mourinho wants to change the midfield it is usually Dier who makes way. Whether it is when he plays with Winks, for example in the Champs League or Sissoko yesterday. If he was as influential as some try to make out, he would always be on the pitch. He simply isn't, especially not in midfield.

I've often read that Dier is a leader. He is certainly very articulate. But to be a leader, first and foremost his performances have to be an example to others. Unfortunately they haven't been, not for some time and that is not just because of his lay off, against better midfields he either get pressed into giving away the ball or passed around because of his lack of mobility. Which is a shame because we need some one with his presence in the team.

It seems to me that when Mourinho wants to change the midfield it is usually Dier who makes way. Whether it is when he plays with Winks, for example in the Champs League or Sissoko yesterday. If he was as influential as some try to make out, he would always be on the pitch. He simply isn't, especially not in midfield.

I've often read that Dier is a leader. He is certainly very articulate. But be a leader, first and foremost his performances have to be an example to others. Unfortunately they haven't been for some time. Which is a shame because we need some one with his presence in the team.
Dier has been subbed in two games we were losing as we needed to add some creativity. It worked via Olympiakos but failed yesterday
I believe (sure that people will disagree) that he can’t take off sissoko as he needs him to cover for clown shoe so were stuck
Worth adding that playing winks vs United made no difference as the midfield is exposed like a fluffy bunnies cuddlings knickers with Aurier on the right wandering into no mans land

Last edited:
Dier has been subbed in two games we were losing as we needed to add some creativity. It worked via Olympiakos but failed yesterday
I believe (side that people will disagree) that he can’t take off sissoko as he needs him to cover for clown shoe so were stuck
Worth adding that playing winks vs United made no difference as the midfield is exposed like a fluffy bunnies cuddlings knickers with Aurier on the right wandering into no mans land

tickle my balls with a feather, but as i said earlier Dier is the new spacegoat for some.

What is it that makes others’ criticism of Dier spacegoating, but your criticism of Rose something different?

(For the record I think both criticism is perfectly valid).

Because IMO Rose has been stealing a living for a few seasons now, Dier has just got back from a years illness problems.

Because IMO Rose has been stealing a living for a few seasons now, Dier has just got back from a years illness problems.

I'd say Dier, Rose and Aurier are all in the same boat...can anyone remember the last time Dier play in CM against a good team AND our midfield played well?

I'd say Dier, Rose and Aurier are all in the same boat...can anyone remember the last time Dier play in CM against a good team AND our midfield played well?

Probably 2016/17. When we win and Dier plays, it’s because Dier is so influential. When we lose or Dier plays badly, it’s because other players aren’t showing for Dier or that his CM partner isn’t doing his job or he needs a better passer next to him to hold his hand. When he gets subbed it’s never because he plays badly. When he gives the ball away it’s not his fault. People are doubling down on their position rather than admit when he’s had a bad game. He is literally the only player in the squad people make excuses for when he has a bad game.

Back