• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer window thread.

At the right price a quality player is always a good shot, but he probably just pushed himself into the price range of a player to fill an immediate positional need. Which to your point, not 400% sure that is us anymore.

In additional if we had come close to personal terms in summer and the conversation was still open, he would have tinkled Levy off. More likely he was a Poch target, we sent a message with Jose that we are not longer pursuing, he took the option to get a pay raise now.
I think you’re prob right. He must have got wind that the Spurs door was closed.

Recent reports have linked Spurs to Atlanta winger Dejan Kulusevski, although they may have to battle it out with Jose Mourinho’s former club Manchester United if they are to secure his signing.

According to Italian outlet Tuttosport (via Sport Witness), the 19-year-old is attracting a lot of interest thanks to his performances with Parma this season, with whom he has averaged a 7.27 rating with the Serie A side after joining them on loan from Atalanta. The Swedish winger already has three goals and five assists for Parma, which have proved enough to impress Sweden manager Janne Andersson, with Kulusevski making his senior international debut in a 3-0 win over the Faroe Islands earlier this month.

The 19-year-old was a regular in the Atalanta side last season, with eight goals and 10 assists but he was sent out on loan to Parma this season; where he has continued to impress.

It is no surprise to see big European clubs starting to take notice of the Swedish international, with the likes of Spurs, Manchester United and Juventus all reportedly interested.

TIF Tactics:

At just 19, Kulusevski looks like a real prospect and has demonstrated his goal-scoring prowess in Serie A in the last two seasons. Although he is currently valued at £5.4 million by transfermarkt, the report suggests that Atalanta are planning to demand €45 million (£38.6 million), with the hopes that the added interest in the winger will drive up his price.

With Ryan Sessegnon signing in the summer and Spurs’ attacking depth on the wing, it seems unlikely that they will splash out so much on Kulusevski at this moment in time, but the 19-year-old certainly looks like one for the future.

As much as I like BF, I can’t help thinking that Ziyech at half the price would be perfect for the right side of our 3 behind Kane. He has that creativity that we sometimes lack from that side and would compliment Serge nicely by playing inverted.

TBF tho, we have Lamela and GLC waiting for a pop in that position so I really don’t see us using money there.
Agree completely. I thought Ziyech was fantastic for Ajax in every one of their CL games I watched last season and he has that little bit of brickhousery in him to add to the undoubted skill and vision.

Celtic manager Neil Lennon has admitted he wants Victor Wanyama at the club but also has other priorities in the January transfer window, The Daily Record report (AGM live blog, 13:32).

The manager has been answering shareholder questions at a Celtic Park AGM this afternoon and the subject of transfers came up.

When asked what players he’d like to sign in January, the challenges around a deal for the Kenyan international came up, and Lennon said: “For a player like Wanyama, availability and affordability. Would I like Wanyama in the building? Of course.

“But it may not be an area we are looking to add to because of the way the midfield is functioning.

“We are looking in the forward area. It may be the one area we are looking to strengthen.”

Wanyama of course previously enjoyed a very successful spell working under Lennon when the pair were both at Celtic. It’s a relationship that worked brilliantly for the Hoops and could again.

Lennon is right to temper expectations when it comes to his potential signing though.

Spurs aren’t the easiest club to negotiate with in the transfer market and protect their interests well. It’s unlikely they’ll let him leave on the cheap, even if he’s not set to feature under new head coach Jose Mourinho.

With Scott Brown and Callum McGregor also playing really well, it might not be worth breaking up that dynamic.

The striker comments are almost more intriguing because clearly the manager thinks Odsonne Edouard needs backup or support.

Leigh Griffiths is still working his way back to fitness and Vakoun Bayo has has multiple injury problems since joining in January.

Hopefully we see fruitful recruitment when the window opens.

NEMANJA MATIC'S future at Manchester United appears increasingly bleak after spending just 24 minutes at the club's training complex.

It comes days after the Serbian snubbed a team bonding gala in favour of having dinner with Wolves striker Patrick Cutrone.

Matic, 31, has been deemed surplus to requirements under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer having made just two league starts this season.

He hasn't been seen on the field in a league fixture since the 2-0 defeat to West Ham on September 22.

And it is becoming increasingly likely that he will leave in January following his latest training ground snub.

The Serbian was spotted turning up at the Carrington training complex at 9:06am in his Mercedes, and even filmed himself arriving, but jumped back in his motor and drove off just 24 minutes later.

United's first-team squad remained behind for a light training session before travelling to their Europa League contest with Astana, which will be played on Thursday.

On Monday United's top stars got together and pulled on their finest attire in aid of the club's charity partners.

But Matic was nowhere to be seen.

Instead an Instagram post uploaded by Wolves ace Cutrone showed he was enjoying a dinner with other friends.

The veteran will not be short of potential suitors across Europe and has already been linked with Inter Milan as SunSport exclusively revealed.

Boss Solskjaer is keen to give his senior side a welcome rest this week and has instead sent out United's youngsters to Kazakhstan for the clash with Astana.

Nicky Butt - head of United's first team development - will travel with the squad, indicating the Red Devils will be keen to give a number of youth players invaluable experience.

Included in the travelling squad are 14 players aged between 17 and 19, according to reports.

Jesse Lingard is just one of the senior players who has travelled with United already sealing qualification into the knockout stages.

Matic to Spurs will now do the rotation again...

We definitely need a ball winning midfielder, and a new goalkeeper as priorities. So I’d prefer we targeted players there than wasted money on players for positions that we are better placed.

We definitely need a ball winning midfielder, and a new goalkeeper as priorities. So I’d prefer we targeted players there than wasted money on players for positions that we are better placed.

If we lose all 3 of Eriksen, Alderweireld and Vertonghen, then we'll have a lot of priorities to fill. I'd be ok with lloris staying another year and using what transfer money we do have on more pressing issues in the squad.

Isn’t that the same thing all but ?

Chalk and cheese Ndom vs a holding DCM. Check out last night. Most take ons in the match with 4 - he was on for 11 minutes. Passing range already shown that in a full season he will have many more goal contributions than a DCM.

As much as I like BF, I can’t help thinking that Ziyech at half the price would be perfect for the right side of our 3 behind Kane. He has that creativity that we sometimes lack from that side and would compliment Serge nicely by playing inverted.

TBF tho, we have Lamela and GLC waiting for a pop in that position so I really don’t see us using money there.

Another good nights work for Ziyech. 1 goal and 1 assist.

Those little inswinging clipped crosses he plays to the back post are right on the money. Dele would eat them up arriving from deep.

Back