• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

No Spurs v West Brom omt yet? Can this be it?

Yip, not that much in the great scheme of things. I’m sure we could post how much Leicester paid out in their Premiership winning season.

Stats cover so much at the end of the day. Is our squad worse than Utd’s? I’d argue no and yet they’re in a cup final.

61% more, not that much? Righto.

Cups are a lottery. Anything can happen in a one off game. I would agree that there is no much between us United and Liverpool which is why we are all very close on points at the end of the season. Is that the same United who lost to a relegation threatened side last night, BTW?

Cups are a lottery. Anything can happen in a one off game. I would agree that there is no much between us United and Liverpool which is why we are all very close on points at the end of the season. Is that the same United who lost to a relegation threatened side last night, BTW?

Yeah, it is. But they get to finals and win stuff. We don’t. That’s the point.

Think we need to sell some of these big players who have their head in the clouds. Would much rather have players that give it their all rather than players who think they are better than they are.

We need to carry on going forwards and not go backwards, if we bottle this and finish 5th then we could quite easily go back to how we were pre Poch.

Let there be no mistake, I love Poch, but I’ve a gut feeling he’s reached his Peak Spurs. Performances of late suggest it’s too cosy. My feeling is he’s taken it as far as he can and possibly as far as he wants to.

I think we need a proven nasty winner and there are definitely some out there who would come, imo.

Shoot me down! :D:D

You may well be right. Diego Simeone anyone? Before Arsenal get their mitts on him

Let there be no mistake, I love Poch, but I’ve a gut feeling he’s reached his Peak Spurs. Performances of late suggest it’s too cosy. My feeling is he’s taken it as far as he can and possibly as far as he wants to.

I think we need a proven nasty winner and there are definitely some out there who would come, imo.

Shoot me down! :D:D

Remember one big fact, he has never been a successful manager at any club.
Has not won anything. Don’t treat him too harshly.

Liverpool overpay average players, we underpay top talent. That's why the gap is so big.

Yeah, it is. But they get to finals and win stuff. We don’t. That’s the point.

They didn't win last night. Their wage bill is more than twice ours. Despite this they only narrowly shaded the QF against us despite us having a half fit striker and being on a poor run of form.

Be careful what you wish for. Poch is our best manager since Burkinshaw. I could live without having to wait another 30 years to be this good again.

They didn't win last night. Their wage bill is more than twice ours. Despite this they only narrowly shaded the QF against us despite us having a half fit striker and being on a poor run of form.

Be careful what you wish for. Poch is our best manager since Burkinshaw. I could live without having to wait another 30 years to be this good again.

But they won the SF. That’s my point, just as they won the Europa League last year,a trophy that Poch spends his time telling us (amongst others) is not worthy of us. Fudge that.

You may well be right. Diego Simeone anyone? Before Arsenal get their mitts on him

His style is a little too industrial for me. Ok for odd game not sure I’d want that win at all cost! For too long.
He is a spender who would want big money from Levy, if they ever stopped shouting at each other in his office!

Like salad. Like Firmino. Like sane. Van lesbian. Average. Right.

Those figures were for 2016/17

Henderson 120k a week, Lovren 100k, Lallana and Clyne 70k, Milner 120k, Sturridge 120k, Wijnaldum 100k, Miglionet 70k

Only Kane and Lloris at Spurs earn more than that lot above. Think about it

Also don't tell me Van Dyke at 180k a week is 3 times the player that Alderweireld is who is on 60k a week.

Not sure we can get anyone much better than Poch. yeah many of his tactical decisions are increasingly beginning to tinkle me off in a way I never felt in earlier times but we need continuity and he needs to be backed in th transfer market. Sadly Simeone belongs at a Barca or PSG level club, not Spurs.

Sent from my [device_name] using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Playing, what many here say is our "strongest team and formation" with Toby and Rose back, really proved fruitful.

Playing, what many here say is our "strongest team and formation" with Toby and Rose back, really proved fruitful.

Funnily thought we looked nicely balanced. But the WBA types of this world are always our undoing.

Classic Mourinho and I suppose also Simione ?

Last edited:
Funnily thought we looked nicely balanced. But the WBA types of this world are always our undoing.
That's the annoying bit. WE KNOW beforehand that the result was highly likely, and it's been like that for years! Yet Poch and the players are unable to do anything about it.
It's just not good enough!!

That's the annoying bit. WE KNOW beforehand that the result was highly likely, and it's been like that for years! Yet Poch and the players are unable to do anything about it.
It's just not good enough!!

I think we all tend to forget we are trying the impossible and that is to make a ‘silk purse out of a sows ear’!

Back