• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

No Spurs v West Brom omt yet? Can this be it?

I’m sorry, mate, but that’s nonsense. Harry Kane, Dele Alli, Hugo Lloris, Danny Rose, Moussa Dembele, Toby Alderweireld. How on earth is that a ‘sow’s ear’?

When compared to our direct competitors.

Our squad all need a rest/change for what ever reason and we don’t have the quality...

Some out there today looked tired (I don’t the reasons).
But Kane and even Eriksen looked laboured today.
There would have been some left out that started, but just my opinion.

Last edited:
Why does paying less make us bottle jobs? They are on big win bonuses so clearly money isn't the motivating factor here.

My growing feeling is it’s all too nice. Poch? What a nice man.
Harry Kane? Isn’t he lovely? Isn’t it terrible some nasty people upset him when he tried to claim the goal -v- Stoke?
Hugo? Don’t criticise him when he fudges up - he’s a really nice bloke.

I’m as tinkled off tonight as I was when we lost to West Ham in the League Cup. The truth is, every time it has come down to the real nitty gritty this season (and every season under Poch) we have been found wanting.

Think people need to calm down about Poch - let's give him two years at the new stadium before this kind of talk.

The main questions remain for me, why is Lucas not used more. We were looking for a zaha type for ages (remember Njie, nkoudou) exactly for these games when teams are sitting ultra deep.

We got lucky being able to get a world class player in that mould for just £25m and now we have him we don't bloody use him in the exact games we searched high and low for this type of player!

It is mind boggling.

Please fine Son heavily - we have seen his incredible level this season but as of late he has done fudge all. Not acceptable to down tools just because you are the pin up star of your country with the World Cup coming up.

That corner was a total disgrace.

On the plus side bye bye Albion bye bye. Particular Ben foster who is a total prick.

Can't really be bothered to comment, other than to say it's seemed obvious to me all week, especially as we were up before Everton v Saints, that we were going to lose this, just because West Brom would be trying for 90 minutes and I knew we wouldn't. How many times have we seen it? Come up against a side that give a sh1t and we fold like a cheap suit. Bearing in mind the performances over recent weeks, I think it's inevitable we'll be going into our last game needing a result. Then if we don't get it, the same players who are coasting into their WC call-ups will be popping up in the media in the summer with quotes about how much they want to play in the CL.

Our squad all need a rest/change for what ever reason and we don’t have the quality...

My point is that our starting XI looks better on paper than our direct competitors (Utd and Liverpool). Utd are, apparently, after two of our players - Toby and Rose - who can’t regularly make our 1st XI. That increasingly reeks of bad management to me.

My growing feeling is it’s all too nice. Poch? What a nice man.
Harry Kane? Isn’t he lovely? Isn’t it terrible some nasty people upset him when he tried to claim the goal -v- Stoke?
Hugo? Don’t criticise him when he fudges up - he’s a really nice bloke.

I’m as tinkled off tonight as I was when we lost to West Ham in the League Cup. The truth is, every time it has come down to the real nitty gritty this season (and every season under Poch) we have been found wanting.

Chelsea away?

Ability wise I wouldn’t swap our squad for any other in the PL, at their best our players are as good as any other in the league. We don’t get enough consistency from them though and this season they are clearly not fit enough.

My point is that our starting XI looks better on paper than our direct competitors (Utd and Liverpool). Utd are, apparently, after two of our players - Toby and Rose - who can’t regularly make our 1st XI. That increasingly reeks of bad management to me.

Our squad is not as strong as it needs to be. That is obvious as you say it could be misuse or mismanagement but one thing for sure NOT fit for the task.
Whether it’s better than is this or that team is mute.

Klopp is seriously good, though. Always has been. And has the trophies (and titles) to show for it.

That doesn't detract from Poch's work. Well, not entirely, although if Liverpool do end up winning the CL, questions will be asked, and rightfully so.
I'm confused.......they've been saying all week that Klopp has only won 1 of the 6 finals he's contested.

Ability wise I wouldn’t swap our squad for any other in the PL, at their best our players are as good as any other in the league. We don’t get enough consistency from them though and this season they are clearly not fit enough.

There are many in our squad that are nearly men.
Good but not top draw!
When fit, how many would get in the City side?
Kane, Eriksen and Yan. ( I’m leaving Toby to one side)
Maybe Dele.

I’m not unhappy with that as we have not got thier resources.

I'm confused.......they've been saying all week that Klopp has only won 1 of the 6 finals he's contested.

But has won two league titles and regularly gets into finals.

There are many in our squad that are nearly men.
Good but not top draw!
When fit, how many would get in the City side?
Kane, Eriksen and Yan. ( I’m leaving Toby to one side)
Maybe Dele.

I’m not unhappy with that as we have not got thier resources.

So at least four of our players would make the City side - and Walker makes five, if we hadn’t sold him. Can we say that any more Liverpool or Utd players would get into that team, and yet they are both in finals and above us in the league.

Which surely has to be the fault of the coaching and management set up.

They look unmotivated in the opening half hour of games. When it’s not working it takes much too long for changes to happen.

The semi final and today were turning points for me. At the end of the day a manager has to be responsible for what happens on the pitch.

Back