• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

No Spurs v West Brom omt yet? Can this be it?

They look unmotivated in the opening half hour of games. When it’s not working it takes much too long for changes to happen.

The semi final and today were turning points for me. At the end of the day a manager has to be responsible for what happens on the pitch.
There is something in what you are saying.

But don’t forget Pochettino is still starting out by comparison with Mourinho, Klopp, Pep, Conte, and Wenger.
I agree with motivation side of things.
The SF was a shame but not a serious problem competition wise.
We have a squad fitness problem, they look shattered.
Kane is not anywhere near right and it doesn’t look like Pochettino can see it or he’s undroppable.
If he can’t see it with Kane is there a problem throughout the squad. Senior players rule?

There is something in what you are saying.

But don’t forget Pochettino is still starting out by comparison with Mourinho, Klopp, Pep, Conte, and Wenger.
I agree with motivation side of things.
The SF was a shame but not a serious problem competition wise.
We have a squad fitness problem, they look shattered.
Kane is not anywhere near right and it doesn’t look like Pochettino can see it or he’s undroppable.
If he can’t see it with Kane is there a problem throughout the squad. Senior players rule?

He’s been a manager for knocking on 10 years now; that’s a long time in managerial terms.

He seems a lovely bloke and he’s taken us up a level for sure but he increasingly seems to make bad calls (or no calls at all) at big moments for me. I also wonder if there is a shelf life for managers in the modern game. To me, the things he had said (or not said) in the last fortnight make me think he’s beginning to realise he (and we) are getting ready to move on. He’s a smart bloke.

I’ll be surprised if he’s here this time next year, to be honest.

Can't really be bothered to comment, other than to say it's seemed obvious to me all week, especially as we were up before Everton v Saints, that we were going to lose this, just because West Brom would be trying for 90 minutes and I knew we wouldn't. How many times have we seen it? Come up against a side that give a sh1t and we fold like a cheap suit. Bearing in mind the performances over recent weeks, I think it's inevitable we'll be going into our last game needing a result. Then if we don't get it, the same players who are coasting into their WC call-ups will be popping up in the media in the summer with quotes about how much they want to play in the CL.
If we fail to get CL next season after the position we were in a few weeks ago, and some players have the nerve to say they want to leave because they have to play in the CL, that would be absolutely pathetic.

He’s been a manager for knocking on 10 years now; that’s a long time in managerial terms.

He seems a lovely bloke and he’s taken us up a level for sure but he increasingly seems to make bad calls (or no calls at all) at big moments for me. I also wonder if there is a shelf life for managers in the modern game. To me, the things he had said (or not said) in the last fortnight make me think he’s beginning to realise he (and we) are getting ready to move on. He’s a smart bloke.

I’ll be surprised if he’s here this time next year, to be honest.

Be carful, I would not put too much stay by resent comments made in press conferences.
I think he could or could not move on. Not overly bothered, except in one regard, getting ‘a better replacement’.

If we fail to get CL next season after the position we were in a few weeks ago, and some players have the nerve to say they want to leave because they have to play in the CL, that would be absolutely pathetic.

I agree - but they will want to leave for the CL.

But has won two league titles and regularly gets into finals..

And loses them?

I'm not doubting Klopp has qualities as a coach but a big point here is your holding him up as someone that gets his team's over the line.

Klopp had to surpass Bayern in germany...no small task but a smaller task than surpassing Emirates Marketing Project united scousers Chelsea.

If overall Poch isn't good enough, what is the plan. You must have a plan?

And loses them?

I'm not doubting Klopp has qualities as a coach but a big point here is your holding him up as someone that gets his team's over the line.

Klopp had to surpass Bayern in germany...no small task but a smaller task than surpassing Emirates Marketing Project united scousers Chelsea.

If overall Poch isn't good enough, what is the plan. You must have a plan?

Yip. As I said earlier, a nasty winner a la Simeone. Or just a winner - e.g. Ancelloti.

And I’d rather be in the final of the Champs Lge (playing expansive football) with a shout of lifting the trophy rather than watching from the sidelines.

Poor today, but we were missing the very influential Dembele, and him and a fit Harry would have made a big difference IMHO. I'll reserve judgment of the team and the manager until the last game of the season, but should we let what was a ten point lead slip, and fail to make the CL. I can see Mr. Levy being very unhappy indeeed.

Today was utterly turgid. So many players look woefully short of form. In fact, I am starting to wonder if there’s something going on behind the scenes - the last 6 or so performances have been absolutely dreadful and they appear to be getting worse game-by-game. Hopefully I’m totally wrong and this is just a prolonged period of poor form. We’ve been spoiled in recent seasons and haven’t had to have too many poor patches. Today’s dire entertainment wasn’t helped by the bell behind me that spent the entire match loudly slagging off the players (seriously mate, why bother going?). Indeed, the WBA goal was almost a blessing because it caused him to immediately leave. My thoughts for the remaining two games are this:
Kane is currently resembling a poor-man’s Emile Heskey. I think he needs to be benched. I know that’s harsh but he’s a passenger at the moment. We are not good enough to cope with that.
Alli and Lamela need to stop trying intricate flicks, stepovers etc ALL the time and get back to basics for a bit.
We should give Moura far more game time.
Dembele should play if fit, despite his own recent poor form.

Overall I didn’t think we’d still be in with a shout for CL at this stage of the season so can’t be too downbeat. Let’s go again on Wednesday!

Today was utterly turgid. So many players look woefully short of form. In fact, I am starting to wonder if there’s something going on behind the scenes - the last 6 or so performances have been absolutely dreadful and they appear to be getting worse game-by-game. Hopefully I’m totally wrong and this is just a prolonged period of poor form. We’ve been spoiled in recent seasons and haven’t had to have too many poor patches. Today’s dire entertainment wasn’t helped by the bell behind me that spent the entire match loudly slagging off the players (seriously mate, why bother going?). Indeed, the WBA goal was almost a blessing because it caused him to immediately leave. My thoughts for the remaining two games are this:
Kane is currently resembling a poor-man’s Emile Heskey. I think he needs to be benched. I know that’s harsh but he’s a passenger at the moment. We are not good enough to cope with that.
Alli and Lamela need to stop trying intricate flicks, stepovers etc ALL the time and get back to basics for a bit.

Overall I didn’t think we’d still be in with a shout for CL at this stage of the season so can’t be too downbeat. Let’s go again on Wednesday!
Can't argue with most of that.

We are either seeing a few players approaching burnout of something far worse happening behind the scenes. Personally I think a lot of the issues are due to an unfit Kane playing. It seems like his premature reintroduction has coincided with our drop off.
It is not over yet though. One good match and we are home and dry.

Poor old Emile;)

But spot on or very close!

Poch should get at least two more seasons as I've said before but we could get any top manager in the world who is out of work.

The wages thing is only relative to turnover. People need to get their head around that. Our wage to turnover ratio is quite normal but from next season turnover will go up dramatically and so the money for more wages will be there.

There is no new stadium austerity - this is not arsenal and the emirates in 2006. It's not a simple case of ''oh that happened to arsenal so that means that's what we can expect''

Come on don't fall into that trap and think about it a bit.
Thanks for the advice on how long I think about things.

Poor today, but we were missing the very influential Dembele, and him and a fit Harry would have made a big difference IMHO. I'll reserve judgment of the team and the manager until the last game of the season, but should we let what was a ten point lead slip, and fail to make the CL. I can see Mr. Levy being very unhappy indeeed.
We should be able to beat wbrom without half our 1st team!

That was coming. We are the best team to play when you need this sort of thing - we will lie down and spread our legs, no matter who it is, no matter who manages us. Be it Poch, be it Ferguson, be it Guardiola. Give us 10 pounds or 10 billion pounds, and it will be the same thing.

We are Spurs. This is what we do. We bottle. And it doesn't matter whether you're a bright Argentinian coach shouting 'Come on!' at your spineless chokers from the sidelines, or if you're anyone else.

You can't change this. This will run through the spine of the team, whether it's Paulo Tramezzani and Ramon Vega or Harry Kane, Dele Alli, Christian Eriksen and Hugo Lloris.
What exactly did we bottle? Is the season over and we missed out on CL?

Anyone think we’re bottlers? Today we were. Awful. Something is rotten in our club.
As I mentioned in the previous post, did the season just finish with us in 5th place and I missed it? We go through patches like this. It just so happens that this season we are going through one at the tail end of the season. We've been spoiled by the fact that in the past two seasons we qualified for CL with a few games to go. And this season we've still got room for the odd bad result, so let's not get ahead of our skis.

My growing feeling is it’s all too nice. Poch? What a nice man.
Harry Kane? Isn’t he lovely? Isn’t it terrible some nasty people upset him when he tried to claim the goal -v- Stoke?
Hugo? Don’t criticise him when he fudges up - he’s a really nice bloke.

I’m as tinkled off tonight as I was when we lost to West Ham in the League Cup. The truth is, every time it has come down to the real nitty gritty this season (and every season under Poch) we have been found wanting.

Mikey. I know you’re angry. So am I. But the season ends next Sunday, so howzabout waiting until then before truths and nitty-grittys mate. Then we’ll have the measure. We did not get found wanting against Madrid and we certainly were not found wanting at the Bridge now were we?!!!!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Might sound daft but how was the goal not offside?
Looked to me like 4 players in front of the man taking the first kick at goal

That was a dreadful performance but its not really surprising, the team is emotionally and physically spent, apart from Kane, most of our players have fortunately not been on the injury table so they've played most games with our smallish squad and Poch's training routine is known to be pretty tough on players. And the way we went out of all the cups, its an emotional letdown, I see this in every sport I bet on. Talking of betting, I have no doubt, yes no doubt we will finish top 4, if u don't think so, the 7/1 on chelsea, we'll fall over the line but we'll finish 4th.

Back