• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Zeki Fryers

I dont think anyone can criticise Fergie, some of the serious uptight people on this forum would be going mental if this had happened to us. Daniel Levy would have the lawyers in over it.

I remember criticising gutterboy for his alternative theory... ill accept there is a good chance he was right on this one, but he was bound to hit eventually as he comes up with these theories all the time. Also a slight chance that it was a genuine homesick case and we were re-contacted, but Standard L never had to know what spurs and the player planned.

United fans seems to think he isn't that good anyway. Just been on Redcafe: "It's the equivalent of staging an elaborate bank robbery just to steal a grape."

I realise this is a Spurs forum so I expect a biased answer, but did we actually do anything wrong? And was it worth doing for a player that isn't meant to be all that if you listen to United fans?

If anything, this will just tinkle Fergie off and make him come for more of our players. He hasn't done it in a while.

Last edited:
What have Utd fans seen of him? He spent the entire summer with the club, obviously AVB and the management have seen something in him we really like, otherwise we wouldn't have gone through all the trouble of sending him to Lieg ... I mean bringing him back for £900k after he complained of being homesick. I'll trust our management's opinion over a few Redcafe keyboard warriors.

What have Utd fans seen of him? He spent the entire summer with the club, obviously AVB and the management have seen something in him we really like, otherwise we wouldn't have gone through all the trouble of sending him to Lieg ... I mean bringing him back for £900k after he complained of being homesick. I'll trust our management's opinion over a few Redcafe keyboard warriors.

A few keyboard warriors and Fergie.

SAF said:
I think the registration should be stopped until they investigate it thoroughly. There's bound to be a trail, either mobile phones or e-mails, that could give you the full story of it.

And the case will be summarily dismissed because no law or rule was broken. Consultant a lawyer before your speak.

United fans seems to think he isn't that good anyway. Just been on Redcafe: "It's the equivalent of staging an elaborate bank robbery just to steal a grape."

I realise this is a Spurs forum so I expect a biased answer, but did we actually do anything wrong? And was it worth doing for a player that isn't meant to be all that if you listen to United fans?

If anything, this will just tinkle Fergie off and make him come for more of our players. He hasn't done it in a while.

Obviously there's nothing right now that proves it but I'm pretty sure we did - whether we'll ever find out though is another question (I imagine we won't). Couldn't care less though the way they've treated us in the past!

I dont think anyone can criticise Fergie, some of the serious uptight people on this forum would be going mental if this had happened to us. Daniel Levy would have the lawyers in over it.

I remember criticising gutterboy for his alternative theory... ill accept there is a good chance he was right on this one, but he was bound to hit eventually as he comes up with these theories all the time. Also a slight chance that it was a genuine homesick case and we were re-contacted, but Standard L never had to know what spurs and the player planned.

At the very least, they can criticise him for his hypocrisy. He and Utd have been doing this kind of thing to other clubs for years. It's just a case of the biter being bit and being bitter about it (if you'll pardon the alliteration).

I don't think he's too bothered about losing Fryers. And he's certainly not genuinely bothered about the morality of the situation. It's just that he doesn't like another club making mugs of Utd.

Last edited:
I think the bottom line here is that if Manchester United thought for one moment that Fryers had a future with the club, they wouldn't have off-loaded him to Standard Liege in the first place.

Having done so, I can't see how Ferguson can complain when Spurs made an offer after Liege said he was now available.

The BBC are reporting the fee as GBP 3m with United entitled to 5% of that (around GBP 150,000).

I think the bottom line here is that if Manchester United thought for one moment that Fryers had a future with the club, they wouldn't have off-loaded him to Standard Liege in the first place.

Having done so, I can't see how Ferguson can complain when Spurs made an offer after Liege said he was now available.

The BBC are reporting the fee as GBP 3m with United entitled to 5% of that (around GBP 150,000).

They didn't offload him.

He turned down the offer of a new contract to stay with Utd and, instead, joined Liege for free.

Pogba and Fryers both wanted much more than Fergie thought they deserved. We've seen with Welbeck and Rooney that he can cave in when he wants.

Back