• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Zaha

Why do City need D Silva, B Silva, Foden and now Mahrez....they all do the same thing

No they don't, D Silva is a central creative player, neither Mahrez or B Silva are as far as im aware, both are wide forwards. Is Foden even part of the first team squad?

No they don't, D Silva is a central creative player, neither Mahrez or B Silva are as far as im aware, both are wide forwards. Is Foden even part of the first team squad?

Yes Foden is, he was last season too. Massive talent.They all are left footed creative players able to play the killer pass to open up a defence. D Silva now plays centrally but can drift all over the place. All can play on the right and drift inwards. There isn't a massive difference in their abilities and positions they can take on the field

Yes Foden is, he was last season too. Massive talent.They all are left footed creative players able to play the killer pass to open up a defence. D Silva now plays centrally but can drift all over the place. All can play on the right and drift inwards. There isn't a massive difference in their abilities and positions they can take on the field

I think you're using a very broad definition of 'doing the same thing' in order to make your point tbh

So they'd have to play 20 ish games each then, hardly an exacting season for them. Even if one went down injured that's still only 30 games.

I'd sooner we got a decent striker in to give Kane a rest than having someone to rest 3 players, 2 of which will be resting.

And no Zaha IS NOT a CF to cover for Kane.
I think the idea is that we play two wide forwards (1 either side of Kane), not 1.... So 40 games each if 3 players for those 2 positions and 60 each if one goes down injured.

The people he played those delightful throughballs to did though.
Again, I don't remember Swansea playing like that at all. I thought that team Siggurdson was in liked to try to keep the ball and dominate possession and work things slowly up to the opposition's penalty area. Didn't they have that Spanish guy Michu up front who scored a lot of goals for that single season?.... I don't remember him being a pacy, in behind type player?

But if we go with 3 at the back, the central/#10 position disappears and they do have to play that role.

Even with 3 AMs, one of the two of them has to take responsibility for a flank
Do you think we'll mainly be playing with 3 at the back? I see us playing 4 at the back in most games as we ended up doing last season. I guess the question is then whether we go with the 4-3-2-1 that Poch mainly played the season before or we play more of a 4-3-3 formation that I think Poch is looking to use more and more. I guess time will tell.

Do you think we'll mainly be playing with 3 at the back? I see us playing 4 at the back in most games as we ended up doing last season. I guess the question is then whether we go with the 4-3-2-1 that Poch mainly played the season before or we play more of a 4-3-3 formation that I think Poch is looking to use more and more. I guess time will tell.

I think it depends if Alder stays or who we replace him with. I'm sure there will be lots of alternating based on opponent and injuries.

My main point really is that I don't think we are always guaranteed to have 3 AMs in the team

My personal feeling is a move to 4-3-3 really works for the squad, and our use f it in preseason might support that (but it is preseason, so pinch of salt)

We were moving to 3-5-2 at the beginning of last season, so I wouldnt be shocked to see us use it - but for me 4-3-3 works better.

Again, I don't remember Swansea playing like that at all. I thought that team Siggurdson was in liked to try to keep the ball and dominate possession and work things slowly up to the opposition's penalty area. Didn't they have that Spanish guy Michu up front who scored a lot of goals for that single season?.... I don't remember him being a pacy, in behind type player?
They did play that way but had the benefit of not having buses parked against them all the time. You don't need to be the kind of team that plays on the break to take advantage of space.

Swansea had a lot more space to play in than we did - I've seen a lot of players fail that transition.

Im not sure Sigurdsson failed as such, always seemed to me we never played him in his position much, what with Eriksen about as well. He was often more wide forward than central and pulling strings.

Im not sure Sigurdsson failed as such, always seemed to me we never played him in his position much, what with Eriksen about as well. He was often more wide forward than central and pulling strings.

For me it was always that he couldn't cope with so little time on the ball and condensed spaces. His lack of pace didn't help him with finding space either.

For me it was always that he couldn't cope with so little time on the ball and condensed spaces. His lack of pace didn't help him with finding space either.
I disagree that Spurs' players get little time on the ball than those at other clubs. I think our players probably get more time on the ball than those at smaller clubs as typically teams tend to sit off of us.

Back