• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Zaha

Why do City need D Silva, B Silva, Foden and now Mahrez....they all do the same thing

B Silva played 35 PL games and D Silva 29, I don't think they covered each other at all seeing as for at least 26 of them they both played in the game.

As for Foden he managed 5 appearances not sure that would be any different from us calling up one of our U21 players.

But all in all having D Silva, B Silva, Mahrez and Foden = Moura, lamela, Son plus a U21 player, where is the need for that 5th player?

If we played 3 attacking players, thats more like 180 games to cover - 3 x 60. Cover is absolutely required, they wouldnt be playing 20 games at all.

Over the last few seasons the best cover we have found for Kane is Son. It works, well. So technically we would need cover for him should he be played CF.

Zaha could absolutely provide that

I'm sorry but if you want a player that manages 1 goal every 7 games thyen fine I'd much sooner have a backup to Kane with a better scoring rate. Even Janssen has a better scoring rate than that.

B Silva played 35 PL games and D Silva 29, I don't think they covered each other at all seeing as for at least 26 of them they both played in the game.

As for Foden he managed 5 appearances not sure that would be any different from us calling up one of our U21 players.

But all in all having D Silva, B Silva, Mahrez and Foden = Moura, lamela, Son plus a U21 player, where is the need for that 5th player?
Yeah and which one of Mahrez and the two Silvas are unreliable as Lamela when it comes to injuries? Also whilst I like Lamela he hasn’t exactly to prove himself to be someone that isn’t upgradeable.....

Yeah and which one of Mahrez and the two Silvas are unreliable as Lamela when it comes to injuries? Also whilst I like Lamela he hasn’t exactly to prove himself to be someone that isn’t upgradeable.....

This is the Lamela that played 46 games in 2014-15 and then 44 in 2015-16 we're thalking about isn't it? He's had 1 long term injury and has come back to play 29 games last season.

As for being upgradeable I'm not sure Zaha is an upgrade.

I'm sorry but if you want a player that manages 1 goal every 7 games thyen fine I'd much sooner have a backup to Kane with a better scoring rate. Even Janssen has a better scoring rate than that.
He played 21 times as the CF last season in PL and scored 9 according to who scored so his ratio is just fine, things have moved on from five years ago....

He played 21 times as the CF last season in PL and scored 9 according to who scored so his ratio is just fine, things have moved on from five years ago....

29 games 9 goals last season, 109 games and 21 goals (5.2 strike rate) last 3 seasons.

This is the Lamela that played 46 games in 2014-15 and then 46 in 2015-16 we're thalking about isn't it? He's had 1 long term injury and has come back to play 29 games last season.

As for being upgradeable I'm not sure Zaha is an upgrade.
He’s had other injuries, many of the appearances come from the bench either because he’s been eased back from an injury or because he’s not been good enough to be in the team. Zaha has done much more than Lamela in the PL, you reckon more coaches in the PL would rather Lamela if they had the choice? I think not.....

He’s had other injuries, many of the appearances come from the bench either because he’s been eased back from an injury or because he’s not been good enough to be in the team. Zaha has done much more than Lamela in the PL, you reckon more coaches in the PL would rather Lamela if they had the choice? I think not.....

Wilfred Zaha, Crystal Palace and nowhere else. Failed to make an impact at Man Utd whilst Lamela was playing for Roma and Spurs.

Over the last 3 seasons, and yes that includes Lamela being out injured, their records are pretty similar. Zaha is getting a goal every 5.2 against Lamela's goal every 5.6 and Lamela doesn't play CF like Zaha has.

You're either over valuing Zaha or completely ignoring the fact Lamela had hit the big time long before Zaha had emerged as Palace's best player.

Wilfred Zaha, Crystal Palace and nowhere else. Failed to make an impact at Man Utd whilst Lamela was playing for Roma and Spurs.

Over the last 3 seasons, and yes that includes Lamela being out injured, their records are pretty similar. Zaha is getting a goal every 5.2 against Lamela's goal every 5.6 and Lamela doesn't play CF like Zaha has.

You're either over valuing Zaha or completely ignoring the fact Lamela had hit the big time long before Zaha had emerged as Palace's best player.
Lamela also doesn’t have the same focus on him from defenders that Zaha does,if Zaha was at us he’d get better numbers. Lamela has one good season at Roma, and has since failed to establish himself as a consistent first Teamer at Spurs. If you think that’s hitting the big time then good luck to you. Right now Zaha is the better player, if Lamela actually wants to consistently get in our first team and prove otherwise then great but I’m not confident he will - and I rate the guy....

My personal feeling is a move to 4-3-3 really works for the squad, and our use f it in preseason might support that (but it is preseason, so pinch of salt)

We were moving to 3-5-2 at the beginning of last season, so I wouldnt be shocked to see us use it - but for me 4-3-3 works better.
Yeah, 433/451 would work brilliantly for us I reckon.
One midfield holder, and 4 attacking mids, Emirates Marketing Project style. Fudge it let’s go for it!

My biggest concern with Zaha is that he had two years at Man Utd and managed 2 appearances, they must have seen something initially but he failed to live up to it. Since then his career has stagnated at Palace, he's a big fish in a small pond whereas at Spurs he'd just be a fish, my worry is then he'd be fish out of water.

My biggest concern with Zaha is that he had two years at Man Utd and managed 2 appearances, they must have seen something initially but he failed to live up to it. Since then his career has stagnated at Palace, he's a big fish in a small pond whereas at Spurs he'd just be a fish, my worry is then he'd be fish out of water.
Nayim has answered this several times, he’s matured a lot since then and went to Utd at a time when there was a lot of turbulence there - it’s quite frankly ridiculous to make an assumption based on his Utd experience.....

SAF signed him and shortly afterwards left; wasn’t that what happened there?

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

well we dont have that extremely talented U21 player so we are counting just Moura, Lamela and Son, and as has been pointed out Lamela has had serious injury issues recently

so are you saying its enough to go through an entire season with just Moura, Lamela and Son as our pacy wide forwards when our attackers have to endure a big workload due to the way we play under Poch? are you against having a 4th or simply just against having Zaha?......

well we dont have that extremely talented U21 player so we are counting just Moura, Lamela and Son, and as has been pointed out Lamela has had serious injury issues recently

so are you saying its enough to go through an entire season with just Moura, Lamela and Son as our pacy wide forwards when our attackers have to endure a big workload due to the way we play under Poch? are you against having a 4th or simply just against having Zaha?......

Not against having a 4th but would prefer a CF that can play wide not the other way round, if Kane gets injured we have zero cover and I'd sooner see cover there than out wide and I don't see Zaha as a CF.

As for Zaha himself I think he's over priced purely because he qualifies as English.

I thought my meaning was clear, looks like youve mis-read the post though. You should have read it as Zaha could absolutely provide that [cover for Son]

Though, while you mention his goal scoring, it is improving.

Back