• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Yves Bissouma

My brother go and watch a compilation video. I don't think you watched Xavi play, he was a thread of the needle passer. Through-ball was his middle name. 🤣

Do you know why that team was that good? A very large part of it was a little playmaker named Xavi.

Dembele couldn't take freekicks or corners due to his poor passing and kicking technique so that comparison isn't in your arguments favour. Would Dembele have gotten 5 assists for them in place of Xavi? I'm honestly not sure.

Edit.

Truth to be told Dembele would never have played for them in that era. They wanted passers and deadly passers at that. Demebele's skillset was all wrong for them.
Xavi is a weird comparison for someone to bring up TBF
the nearest I’d say to Dembele would be someone like Viera but even he was quite different

It’s weird he’s completely off form right now. He was described as being press proof earlier this season and then he did that for City’s third goal. I hope that whatever has caused him not to be at his higher levels he can get past as on his day he can be right at the top level but we’ve not seen that for a couple of months now.
It's what they are told to do! He could have played the easy pass back to Udogie(?), but he would have been under pressure too. If Biss had succeeded, he'd break past three players, and had a lot of free space in front.
Skipp did the same, succeeded and we scored.
They way they're told to play comes with high risk, high reward, and sometimes we'll concede goals like that, but we'll also score lots of goals because the players will attempt, and succeed with stuff like that.
It's just how it is.

It's what they are told to do! He could have played the easy pass back to Udogie(?), but he would have been under pressure too. If Biss had succeeded, he'd break past three players, and had a lot of free space in front.
They way they're told to play comes with high risk, high reward, and sometimes we'll concede goals like that, but we'll also score lots of goals because the players will attempt, and succeed with stuff like that.
It's just how it is.
Two of our goals came from Gil and Skipp doing it; one of their goals came from Bissouma doing it. That is the trade off. We should look at it as Bissouma taking one for the team.

It's just how it is.

I am happy for him to try stuff and to keep possession rather than hoofing it. And mistakes will happen. But I think being brave isn’t just running into multiple City players, part of it still revolves around making the right choices. I mean imagine if Vicario decided he wanted to dribble the length of the pitch and try to score. Would that be brave? Of course but should it be encouraged? Would you be happy for him to do that?

It’s about being brave in possession but still not doing anything too reckless. It’s about being brave in possession and learning to play the right moves. There’s a balance there. I am all for the ‘to dare is to do’ mentality and yes it will yield results. Players will learn and develop to make better choices through the season.

Bissouma was executing his runs at higher level earlier in the season and at the right times with the right runs. I’m all for him trying stuff and believe he can reach the higher levels again in future.

My brother go and watch a compilation video. I don't think you watched Xavi play, he was a thread of the needle passer. Through-ball was his middle name. 🤣

Do you know why that team was that good? A very large part of it was a little playmaker named Xavi.

Dembele couldn't take freekicks or corners due to his poor passing and kicking technique so that comparison isn't in your arguments favour. Would Dembele have gotten 5 assists for them in place of Xavi? I'm honestly not sure.

Edit.

Truth to be told Dembele would never have played for them in that era. They wanted passers and deadly passers at that. Demebele's skillset was all wrong for them.

I think you are taking this well out of context to try and one over me. I watched every Barca game under Pep and i may have got it wrong statistic wise for Xavi but he was still a unsung hero for the most part when you compare the praise Iniesta and Messi got. He done the dirty work and played the ball to the advanced players similar to Dembeles role. I never once said Dembele would play for Barcelona that is clearly you trying to add things to help out your argument. My point was just because Dembele didn’t get goals and assists doesn’t make him any less world class than Xavi even if they are different types of players. (I was using the word world class as a blanket not claiming Dembele was on Xavis level)

Also i can go watch a youtube video that shows Xavis assists but it doesn’t cover up the fact lots of them would be from Corners and freekicks.

I think you are taking this well out of context to try and one over me. I watched every Barca game under Pep and i may have got it wrong statistic wise for Xavi but he was still a unsung hero for the most part when you compare the praise Iniesta and Messi got. He done the dirty work and played the ball to the advanced players similar to Dembeles role. I never once said Dembele would play for Barcelona that is clearly you trying to add things to help out your argument. My point was just because Dembele didn’t get goals and assists doesn’t make him any less world class than Xavi even if they are different types of players. (I was using the word world class as a blanket not claiming Dembele was on Xavis level)

Also i can go watch a youtube video that shows Xavis assists but it doesn’t cover up the fact lots of them would be from Corners and freekicks.
Whether you think a lot were from corners or freekicks (they really didn't score many via that route) it doesn't change that Xavi was number 1 a passer. He was a playmaker, he was THE key passer at Barca. So no he didn't just play the ball to the more advanced players like Demebele he was the one controlling the tempo, orchestrating the play and finally playing the killer ball for those players, he was the one giving them the chance for 1 on 1s with the keeper. Nothing like Dembele.

Dembele isn't world class because he has only one world class attribute; his dribbling. His passing was no where near world class, so in his case given he didn't create and he didn't score and his passing was meh. Then unfortunately he doesn't have even the stats to fall back on ie. Goals and assists.

He was a good player not a world class one. Xavi was world class and the gigantic chasm in terms of quality and effectiveness between them says it all.

One quality attribute does not make you a world class players otherwise they pretty much all are.

Whether you think a lot were from corners or freekicks (they really didn't score many via that route) it doesn't change that Xavi was number 1 a passer. He was a playmaker, he was THE key passer at Barca. So no he didn't just play the ball to the more advanced players like Demebele he was the one controlling the tempo, orchestrating the play and finally playing the killer ball for those players, he was the one giving them the chance for 1 on 1s with the keeper. Nothing like Dembele.

Dembele isn't world class because he has only one world class attribute; his dribbling. His passing was no where near world class, so in his case given he didn't create and he didn't score and his passing was meh. Then unfortunately he doesn't have even the stats to fall back on ie. Goals and assists.

He was a good player not a world class one. Xavi was world class and the gigantic chasm in terms of quality and effectiveness between them says it all.

One quality attribute does not make you a world class players otherwise they pretty much all are.
One quality attribute can go a long way, he pretty much carried our midfield on his shoulders and was one of the main reasons we punched above our weight, its no coincidence that it all started tumbling down once he started to decline / left. I’m not denying Xavi was one of the best centre midfielders in history and i have already admitted i may have fudged up using him as an example but Dembele was way more than a ball carrier and his passing wasn’t bad at all. Its the space he created with his turning and the fact he was press proof helped us aswell. In this current Tottenham set up he would be perfect and we would all be purring at how wonderful he is.

Whatever class you rate him is just a matter of opinion but you have to admit we were a better team with him in it.
No doubt, it just doesn't make him world class. You can be a very good player without that being the case ie. Dembele.

Anyway I'll leave it now because like you say it's a matter of opinion and I guess to a certain extent what you consider makes someone world class. My standards are high in that regard.

No doubt, it just doesn't make him world class. You can be a very good player without that being the case ie. Dembele.

Anyway I'll leave it now because like you say it's a matter of opinion and I guess to a certain extent what you consider makes someone world class. My standards are high in that regard.
It's an over used term, kids with a hand full of games get labelled with it.

Back