• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Yevhen Konoplyanka

Eurosport , according to rumours, seems to think he's on his way here...maybe.

http://tr.eurosport.com/futbol/ingi...-tottenham-a-cok-yakin_sto4796726/story.shtml

[Google translation of article :-]

"The most talked about names in the transfer period Yevhen Konoplyank, the British team to sign a contract with Tottenham.

Flash from the UK in the transfer list for Galatasaray and Besiktas also came Yevhen Konoplyank claim.

Late in the day, which was allegedly very close to an agreement with Sevilla, but he wants that to happen pale annual fee of 25 year-old actress was due to transfer in London to undergo a medical examination. Previously desist from transferring higher costs caused by the agreement with the British team Tottenham and Yevhen Konoplyank between the information in the British press that signed a formal agreement in the coming days."

EDIT :-

101greatgoals site re-hash of Eurosport [Turkey] Story :-

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/yevhen-konoplyanka-travelling-to-england-to-take-medical-sign-contract-at-spurs-eurosport/

EDIT2 :-

The Daily Express have now jumped on it :-

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/587044/Yevhen-Konoplyanka-Tottenham-medical

Are these recent stories or just old rehashed ones?

good find

he says there is a surprise on its way for Spurs fans, interesting, but imo that doesnt mean its Konopylanka. It might be someone else. Also he categorically stated it wont be West Spam so that blows my theory out the water:)
I cant view Twitter in the office - so can I ask how you know this guy knows stuff and isn't just another attention seeker?

I cant view Twitter in the office - so can I ask how you know this guy knows stuff and isn't just another attention seeker?

hmmm, maybe im just gullible :) It says he is a football agent/broker. Could easily be a big bullsh!tter too though i guess

I know a guy that works at the club who says its all a load of rubbish. Konoplyanka is going to go Stoke and there is no way he will sign for Tottenham or any other London club. Stoke are offering the highest wages and thats all Konoplyanka cares about! :(

https://twitter.com/Muzziozcan

Suprise suprise he's (the agent/broker) not talking to West Ham fans anymore after being racially abused by some of their number. Who'd have thought it?

On Kono, I can't say I'm bothered either way what happens. Bringing him in on a free and selling Townsend for £15 million or so would be an upgrade imo though.

I know a guy that works at the club who says its all a load of rubbish. Konoplyanka is going to go Stoke and there is no way he will sign for Tottenham or any other London club. Stoke are offering the highest wages and thats all Konoplyanka cares about! :(

It is a a strange World where Stoke are offering higher wages than us.... I would've thought that we either do not want him (in which case we wouldn't offer anything at all) or we offer a competitive wage if we actually do want him. I can understand the CL clubs offering more money than us and also Liverpool due to their higher income, but no other club should have the means to offer a bigger package than we do.

It is a a strange World where Stoke are offering higher wages than us.... I would've thought that we either do not want him (in which case we wouldn't offer anything at all) or we offer a competitive wage if we actually do want him. I can understand the CL clubs offering more money than us and also Liverpool due to their higher income, but no other club should have the means to offer a bigger package than we do.
If Stoke have identified him as their Number 1 target for the summer, while we view him as well down the list... on top of the fact that he is effectively on a free transfer... they may well be prepared to take a big chunk of their transfer budget and offer it to him as wages, while we view him as a "nice to have" option but certainly not someone worthy of breaking our wage structure to accommodate.

No idea if any of that is true (or even if we are in for him at all... could be the player's agent trying to squeeze Stoke for a better contract) but I don't think it's a major scandal if a "smaller" club offers an exceptional package to one star player with the intention of building a team around him and therefore make themselves more attractive than us to that one player who will be the Big Fish in their small(er) pond.

If Stoke have identified him as their Number 1 target for the summer, while we view him as well down the list... on top of the fact that he is effectively on a free transfer... they may well be prepared to take a big chunk of their transfer budget and offer it to him as wages, while we view him as a "nice to have" option but certainly not someone worthy of breaking our wage structure to accommodate.

No idea if any of that is true (or even if we are in for him at all... could be the player's agent trying to squeeze Stoke for a better contract) but I don't think it's a major scandal if a "smaller" club offers an exceptional package to one star player with the intention of building a team around him and therefore make themselves more attractive than us to that one player who will be the Big Fish in their small(er) pond.
Our wage structure is considerably higher than Stoke's (or at least should be). Unless Stoke have gone out and completely smashed their own wage structure, the top wage that Stoke can pay would only be a middle of the road wage at Spurs.

Our wage structure is considerably higher than Stoke's (or at least should be). Unless Stoke have gone out and completely smashed their own wage structure, the top wage that Stoke can pay would only be a middle of the road wage at Spurs.
But that's the whole point I was making. Of course Stoke's wage structure is lower than ours, but if this guy is their Number 1 priority, they might be willing to offer him a huge sign-on bonus (in lieu of a transfer fee) that we simply aren't prepared to offer (because he's about Number 17 on our list).

On the Stoke forum they claim they are gonna sign him and Shaqiri! they need to lower their expectations

Why? Not inconceivable that they could do so.... and perhaps some exuberance is a welcome change from having your expectations lowered time and again and then failing to even meet those,no? :p

Actually it's not that clear, buys +wages over last five years had the usual 5 (Scum, Pool, City, Manure, Cheat$ki) above 800M, we were at 400M, believe next in line was about 3 or 4 clubs including Stoke

seriously in terms of finance. I dont think we are in the market for mega high wage demands.

If we really wanted him, we would easily be able to match Stoke's offer.

I haven't heard anything to suggest that we're seriously interested in him now. Eighteen months ago, maybe. But not now, it seems.

*...waits for Spurs Official to tweet, "We are delighted to announce that we have signed Yevhen Konoplyanka on a five year contract."....*

Back