• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

( . Y . ) Tottenham v Chelsea | OMT ( . Y . )

This makes next Sunday a 'must win' because if we dont this Wembley sh#t is really going to start getting mental

I hope to G@d if we reach the League Cup final or FA Cup semi and we end up playing Chelsea the FA move it to the Olympic Stadium, but we just dont seem to be able to get anything against them at f#ckin Wembley
You're forgetting the LC win under Ramos. Long time ago maybe but ...

What games were you watching? We battered them second half too. Penned them in for most of the half.

fudging gutted. This Wembley factor is going to hurt us unless we're better away than last season. We'll beat the Swansea, Southampton type sides at Wembley but we may struggle against the top 5.

I disagree - all I saw in the second half was useless possession in the halfway line, occasionally passing it to Eriksen or Alli in the middle, who would then lose it, and it would then come back to us, rinse and repeat. Occasionally we would get it to Davies or Trippier, who would swing in a speculative cross that would either be too high or too quick. And occasionally we would get corners that would come to absolutely nothing.

Not domination. Just sterile possession.

As for Wembley, I agree, but then we knew that going into this season anyway. Grit our teeth and bear it.

What have I said about conceding a goal from every shot on target.... it still stays a stat

That's unreal

Surely we can't concede a goal at Wembley from every shot on target

I disagree - all I saw in the second half was useless possession in the halfway line, occasionally passing it to Eriksen or Alli in the middle, who would then lose it, and it would then come back to us, rinse and repeat. Occasionally we would get it to Davies or Trippier, who would swing in a speculative cross that would either be too high or too quick. And occasionally we would get corners that would come to absolutely nothing.

As for Wembley, I agree, but then we knew that going into this season anyway. Grit our teeth and bear it.

I agree, we all the ball we created little in the way of chances.

Players make the wrong choices/too slow/no movement

Nothing really to change it from the bench either

A good team with good players who decide their strategy is to sit back will always be difficult to break down. Just like if their strategy was to play end to end they would have created more chances against us and let us in more. They are good, and it's always going to be hard to create clear cut chances against a good team that wants to be defensive.

But I don't think it's fair to say we didn't play well today. We more than played our part and we're unlucky to lose. Brainfarts from players that should know better, but the team was looking good. Our cohesion was there.

They are missing the best attacking players.

The question should be why we couldn't break down a makeshift defence despite having 70% of the ball
Don't say that. We are missing a bunch of players too. They have billions to spend.

We dominated them. We were not going to open them up with that formation as they basically played a central 6 to block and stifle the game.

They did not open us up. They got a dead ball goal and a lucky break.

For all their money they play like Burnley. Better players. An do more on the break.

We will be fine at wembley. We dominated the space and the ball. We had some chances.

It's gutting to lose. Why? Because we did not deserve it.

They had two shots on target. We will get bettter than that as well.

Crap result however:

- we looked like a top team; they didn't. Sometimes when the away team comes to just defend, it works for them. We've seen it in recent years, Liverpool struggled many times last year in that situation as well, as have Arse. We utterly dominated the last 60-70 mins
- Aside from the result and who it was against, its not like we've discovered new weaknesses of ours. Most of us have identified a need for someone to break down stubborn defences before; I'm sure Poch recognises this as well and hopefully it will be addressed before the window closes
- we usually start the season slowly. Our first two performances have been better than they normally are and, based on the first two weeks, I think that we looked better placed for a top 4 spot than Liverpool, Arse and Chelsea

Gutted though because I really thought we could have had a clinical, professional win today against a decent team

Decent performance. We played better than I've seen us play last season in some phases of the game. Our passing and the way we broke down a stubborn defence were good.

But we lacked composure. At the start when we gave away one too many fouls, our runs and finishing - again just small fractions - and at the end when we were too desperate and whipped up by the occasion. Verts and Hugo looked nervous. I was nervous at kick off, not surprised the players were too.

We were good enough to beat Chelsea on footballing ability and we gave a fair account of ourselves, but one of the worst games ultimately because of this and the result.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
this is where walker is better than trippier. composure, speed and just street smart to hold up play or make the most of a situation, or using just sheer speed to defend. sure trippier delivers the ball better into opponents box, but if we don't play with speed, or if the opponent just sits back and waits for it, trippier isn't going to be as effective. we need a walker replacement for pace on the wings as a Plan B.

Chelski with two fudging shots on target.

No point complaining about how the opposition set out, especially when theyre away. Soaking up the pressure and being clinical on the counter is what the good teams do! This was such a massive chance to beat them what with the injuries, player and manager discontent and yet we still blew it.

Don't say that. We are missing a bunch of players too. They have billions to spend.

We dominated them. We were not going to open them up with that formation as they basically played a central 6 to block and stifle the game.

They did not open us up. They got a dead ball goal and a lucky break.

For all their money they play like Burnley. Better players. An do more on the break.

We will be fine at wembley. We dominated the space and the ball. We had some chances.

It's gutting to lose. Why? Because we did not deserve it.

They had two shots on target. We will get bettter than that as well.

We had our best attacking players on show and created half chances.

Not sure Rose or Lamela would have changed
Much.

Just have a horrible feeling about this season, hate Wembley.

Back