• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

WorldChess2016

We could do that human chess thing:

tu_partitascacchi8_500x300.jpg

Cept we'd have a surplus of queens.

(Drama, obviously.)

@ringo been watching too mate! Its the tie-breaker short game tonight right!?

As for being a spectator sport - its not particularly. More interesting to watch the 20-30 minute 'highlights' recap of the game on YouTube showing the complexities of what was doing on. If you play chess it helps develop your own game - seeing lines, strategies etc.

We should have a gg tournament maybe without the boxing.

It is - 6 short games, rapid chess. Then the blitz if necessary. And then if all square -the so-called Armageddon Game. Although that might be considered hyperbole, given that it is chess and not WW3. I'm looking forward to it.

This is getting very exciting! *grabs penis and a fistful of butter*

Last edited by a moderator:
I kinda wanted the Russian to win this, but it looks like Carlson has it in the bag. Just has to draw the next game. Carlson's tacit of keeping time pressure on Karjakin by moving quickly himself, meant Carlson missed some opportunities, but paid off in game 3. With more time Karjakin would have defended that position, but with under a minute and Carlson giving him minimal time to think on his moves, Carlson forced Karjakin into a blunder.

Magnus storms back in Game 3 winning with black and looking a lot less Tottenhamesque in doing so. No bottling there. @SpurMeUp I wouldn't have minded Karajakin winning either -especially the way the two behaved after their respective losses during the classical.

Looks like its all over. Unless the spectacular happens in this last game and Karjakin can somehow pull out a win. Not going to happen is it! Carlson is the better player you feel. Karjakin had a couple of chances to win the championship but couldn't take it.

Last edited:
I don't think there's any title better in sport (is chess a sport) than "grand master", I could walk around all day with that moniker and be smiling from ear to ear.

Back