• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

World Cup SF - Argentina vs Netherlands

I was thinking that. Brasil-Argentina in the third place play-off could be a real game, with two sides determined to win. Brasil-Netherlands, in contrast, would likely be a damp squid, with all the players wishing they were somewhere else.

I also think I prefer a Germany-Netherlands final. The previous Germany-Argentina finals were not memorable for the right reasons.

I think the Netherlands would have hammered Brazil too last night. Robben would have had a field day against such atrocious defending as that displayed by Brazil last night.

I think the Netherlands will win comfortably tonight. I've been more impressed by their side than I have been by Argentina.

In a follow up to last night, I can see the Netherlands winning comfortably tonight. I think that they'll win by at least two goals. I think that there will also be a red card tonight, with the likely candidate being Mascherano.

Wait, they have the third most titles of any nation in the World Cup, and they're the team that's reached the highest number of semi-finals. Unlike Italy none of their titles are in the pre-World War 2 era. They're also tied with Spain for the highest number of Euro wins and have the highest number of Euro final appearances.

Could be a difference in definition, but for me a description of Germany as a powerhouse in international football seems spot on. Look at their World Cup history in the last decades, starting in 1982: Runners-up, runners-up, champions, quarter finalists, runners-up, third place, third place, finalists. That's one of the last 8 World Cups (counting this one) where they've failed to progress past the quarter finals. (two out of their last 12 by the way). They go into most tournaments with massive expectations, because they keep performing.

Noticed I used the term "The Powerhouse" rather than "A powerhouse" which they of course are. Yesterday they finally lived up to their boasts of being the best team in the world but they still need to win on Sunday to confirm it, they were breathtakingly good last night but I'm sure Argentina or Holland will give them a better game.

5-1 Holland. Messi wont get this awful Argie team to the final.

Reflecting my comments above, this scoreline wouldn't surprise me. As with Brazil, Argentina have scraped through each of their games to this point. In the Group Stages, they would have been eliminated if it wasn't for Messi. They have followed that up by struggling to qualify in each of their last two fixtures.

The Netherlands may not have achieved the results comfortably but have regularly shown strong attacking instinct. In Robben, Van Persie, Sneijder and Depay, they have attacking play that I doubt the Argentinians will be able to defend against.

Argentina have a duty to save this World Cup and the pride of South America ! After the way Brazil got humiliated by Germany at their own WC, it is now upto Argentina to save some pride of South America ! Surely, they don't want to let the Europeans dominate the WC Final in South America. Europeans have never won the WC in South America. So, it will be utter humiliating for Brazil and Argentina if an European team is to win it this time. So, Messi and Argentina better do something to save South America. Besides, an all-European Final is not good for World Cup. You know the all-European final will be shyte just like the Spain-Netherlands and France-Italy finals in the past 2 World Cups.

Last edited:
Anyone know the words to the song that the Argentina fans keep singing at games? This one:

[video=youtube;hiHLi81Hixw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiHLi81Hixw[/video]

Noticed I used the term "The Powerhouse" rather than "A powerhouse" which they of course are. Yesterday they finally lived up to their boasts of being the best team in the world but they still need to win on Sunday to confirm it, they were breathtakingly good last night but I'm sure Argentina or Holland will give them a better game.
I haven't heard anyone but you say that the German's think that they are the best team in the world. Everyone that I have heard interviewed after the game or read quotes from since have been incredibly modest and humble. So I think that your argument is a bit of a straw man.

Very 50/50 on here over who will win
Same here, I was confident that Germany would win last night because they were clearly the better team, I think that this one is more evenly balanced. Argentina have the best player but the Netherlands have the better team. Tough call. Let's hope for another classic [emoji2]

can't see there being more than a goal in this, no idea which way it will go

have bets on both outcomes in a round about way

I.m a fan of Messi...a sensational player....wouldnt mind seeing him in a Spurs shirt...

If Argentina do win ..it will be interesting to see how the Germans deal with him...I think you will then see their true colours..LOL

it'll come down to who forces a mistake first, Messi or Robben

most exciting match up of the tournament so far for me

Anyone know the words to the song that the Argentina fans keep singing at games? This one:

[video=youtube;hiHLi81Hixw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiHLi81Hixw[/video]
Brazil, tell me how it feels,
To be bossed about in your own back yard,
It's sure that even though years go by,
We will never forget,
That el diego did you,
That cani stuck the needle,
You've been crying since Italy, up until today,
You're going to see messi,
He's going to bring us the cup home,
Maradona is greater than pele

Back