• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

World Cup Group H - Belgium, Algeria, Russia, South Korea

Which two teams will progress to the next round?

• Belgium and Algeria

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Belgium and Russia

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • Belgium and South Korea

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Algeria and Russia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Algeria and South Korea

• Russia and South Korea

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Capello went a bit mental in the post-match interview. Would only talk about refs never giving Russia any penalties.

hell, snowball , chance, in

Putin will be taking over for the next WC, and probably play himself up front

That was my initial reaction too (snowball part, not Putin ;)). Was actually slightly surprised to see him make it all the way to the press conference without getting sacked and thought perhaps I had jumped to conclusions...

if he was in a tougher group, maybe. russians would've expected him to make it out of this group considering how much he is getting paid.

Bentaleb is gaining a lot of much needed experience, to think he started last season in our under 19 team =D>

Vert' going some way to get back onside with Spurs supporters??

Had to create a new thread as the Vert' one is closed (for some reason).

Can't seem to embed, so here's a link:

Link

Re: Vert' going some way to get back onside with Spurs supporters??

Spotting and hitting the random gooner in the crowd today has certainly increased his value in my eyes

Bentaleb is gaining a lot of much needed experience, to think he started last season in our under 19 team =D>

Yeah. And I think he's been an ever present in that Algeria team despite quite a bit of chopping and changing.

Hasn't been standout from what I've seen, but kept things tidy in midfield with a couple of classy passes and touches thrown in at times.

Just like playing in the Premier League he's taken to the World Cup like a fish to water, great to see.

Algeria reached what they planned, i.e at least 4 points against their direct competitors for the 2nd place. Belgium, overestimated or not deserve the 1st place as expected.

Bentaleb was average in his 3 games, but as you said gained a lot of experience, however against Germany, his current shortcomings may be revealed. He played with lot of fears of losing balls which was noticed in his wrong passes, something he does very rarely with Tottenham. He is clearly not confortable with a defensive midfielder position, and would be much better positionned higher but with Brahimi playing in that register we cannot afford this.

Algeria reached what they planned, i.e at least 4 points against their direct competitors for the 2nd place. Belgium, overestimated or not deserve the 1st place as expected.

Bentaleb was average in his 3 games, but as you said gained a lot of experience, however against Germany, his current shortcomings may be revealed. He played with lot of fears of losing balls which was noticed in his wrong passes, something he does very rarely with Tottenham. He is clearly not confortable with a defensive midfielder position, and would be much better positionned higher but with Brahimi playing in that register we cannot afford this.

Good experience for him for next season at Spurs (assuming he doesn't go out on loan) as I think he's likely to get a somewhat deeper role under Poch too if he gets playing time considering the talent we have in attacking midfield positions.

Russia are disgrace ! Really miss the Soviet Union ! That is now 3 World Cups since the end of Soviet Union and Russia have been shyte in all, failing to progress to the next round in each. Even worse, they have failed to win any match here despite all their opponents being poor. Really thought they will finish second and progress to next round. That is totally unacceptable considering the easy group they have been in. They should have beaten a poor South Korea and Algeria easily. Instead their attack looked toothless in all the matches. There is simply no pride or disciplin in this Russian team. They might as well give up the right to host the 2018 WC as can see them humiliate themselves further in that.

Almost 30 years since the end of Soviet Union, Russia have yet to build a decent team apart from a brief spell when Hiddink was the coach. They were really stupid to appoint Capello. For the money Russia are paying him, Capello should have won the WC for them. It is amazing that capello is the highest paid manager of any national team and the 5th highest among all club and counties. Don't know how Capello managed to fool England and Russia to appoint him as the coach. Italian managers don't have a good record with international teams outside Italy. In 7 WC matches with England and Russia, Capello has only won 1 match. His team selections are really puzzling as he didn't give much chance to quality players like Dzagoev and Kershakov. Russia better look for a better coach if they don't want to disgrace themselves in 2018 WC.

Capello went a bit mental in the post-match interview. Would only talk about refs never giving Russia any penalties.

I think he has a valid reason to complain. There was a stonewall penalty not given to Russia against Belgium. And there was another foul not given to Russia near the goal area against Algeria. I think the worst of it all was the laser being pointed at the Russian goalie's face just before Algeria scored the goal. Not sure if the laser affected the Russia goalie directly, but surely it might have affected his concentration. Normally, in Asia, whenever a laser light is pointed at the goalie, the ref would stop play and make an announcement that laser shouldn't be used. This ref should have done that but he didn't.

Back