• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

World Cup Group E - France, Switzerland, Ecuador, Honduras

Which two teams will progress to the next round?

• France and Switzerland

Votes: 10 83.3%
  • France and Ecuador

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • France and Honduras

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Switzerland and Ecuador

• Switzerland and Honduras

• Ecuador and Honduras

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
interesting group now, France are through and might rest players against Ecuador, Switzerland should beat Honduras quite comfortably

Happy the ref blew the whistle there...? ;)

not the word id use, he's got one, could easily have been four, could have sewn it up tonight

I bet they rest him against Ecuador

he was excellent tonight, so good at bringing others into the game, I'd be surprised if Madrid do sell him as he's exactly what Bale and Ronaldo thrive on

Nice to see Lloris's France beating Switzerland 5-2. But the fact Lloris conceded 2 late goals is not nice though. Thought Lloris could have reacted faster for the first goal. France have looked impressive in both their 2 matches so far. But don't think they have been really tested in those matches, especially their defence. Both Honduras and Switzerland have been very poor here. Not sure how Switzerland are No.6 in the world rankings now. In fact, Switzerland was fortunate to beat Ecuador in their first match. And the way Switzerland scored 2 late goals against France only shows the apparent weakness in the French defence. Just can't see France progressing too far.

Last edited:
I still think that France will win the Tournament. The side's passing & movement was very impressive last night. France could have scored many more than the 5 that they did score. Benzema looks on form, ok he missed a penalty but that was one weakness.

I still think that France will win the Tournament. The side's passing & movement was very impressive last night. France could have scored many more than the 5 that they did score. Benzema looks on form, ok he missed a penalty but that was one weakness.

There is no way a defence with Sakho and Debuchy will win the WC :)

There is no way a defence with Sakho and Debuchy will win the WC :)

A good efficient and effective team doesnt need 11 best players but 11 players (not withstanding the squad players) that play as a team. They seem to have that. You dont need 11 world class players to win a tournament. My view

I am not convinced France have the mental strength and disciplin to go all the way here. They are always their own enemy. If and when they face Germany in the quarter finals, we will know their true strength and weaknesses.

I think France will do well, really enjoy watching them

can't see them beating Germany or Argentina, not a lot else to frighten them though

A good efficient and effective team doesnt need 11 best players but 11 players (not withstanding the squad players) that play as a team. They seem to have that. You dont need 11 world class players to win a tournament. My view

I know that but so far France haven't been tested. They played a load of thugs from Honduras and an average Swiss side. I love the way France are playing going forward and they will cause lots of teams problems. However I'm waiting to see their defence face a real test against a top side and we will see the real credentials of this side

Great think about the French appears to be their unity

The final score didn't surprise me when i found out that Djourou was in the starting XI, played the whole game and Senderos came in just 9 mins after the start.

Back