• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

World Cup 3rd Place Playoff - Brazil vs Netherlands

World Cup talk in SNV, Spurs talk here. Is it opposite day?

dunno-smiley-emoticon.gif

I really thought we had secured an all round goal contributing midfielder when he signed. there were glimpses last year but with the manager changes he slipped into nothingness. Then I thought he'd have a storming world cup but all he did was continue his spurs form. If someone offered us our moneyback or more then i'd let him go.

As for the deal of the summer....it has to be getting rid of david luiz to psg for all that cash. Absolute dogsh!t.

Mad that this utter clown is the most expensive defender in history.

If PSG bought him as a 'defender', they should claim their money back from Chelsea, he's clearly not fit for purpose!

I'm amazed that he's valued so highly in football. Ok, he can be decent with the ball but his defending seems limited. He seems tactically and positionally naive all too often.

Glenn Hoddle: "He's got ability, left foot & right but there isn't a position for David Luiz on a football pitch. He's a playground player."

WC 2014 supposed to have been a chance for Brazil to showcase their football quality. Instead they came up with the worst ever Brazil team in the World Cup history. Regardless of how many Wcs they will win in future, history books won't forgive them for the shyte team they assembled in their own WC.

Apart from the humiliating defeat by Germany and Netherlands, Brazil could have lost almost all their matches here, against Croatia, Mexico, Chile and Colombia. They were only convincing against a shyte Cameroon. After failing to win the WC twice at home in 1950 and 2014, not sure Brazil will ever be willing to host another WC. It is clear they cannot handle the pressure of expectations from their fans.

Last edited:
this is the worst brazilian side I have ever seen, how on earth did they beat Colombia ?

I didn't watch this game, but I think a bit too much is being made of individual players that have been part of the Brazilian collapse.

In the earlier games David Luiz and Thiago Silva looked like a very solid centre back partnership. Missing their defensive leader and a complete collapse of the team against Germany made everyone look bad, but I think a good coach at PSG could get a very good centre back partnership out of those two for sure and comments like the one from Hoddle seems way over the top. (Not saying that the price for his PSG move seems ridiculous by the way).

this is the worst brazilian side I have ever seen, how on earth did they beat Colombia ?

They shouldn't have beaten Croatia either. Had more than their fair share of help from the refs along the way. Until yesterday that is.

Watching Javier Mascherano during this WC and it emphasises how negligent Barcleona have been playing him as a centre back

Watching Javier Mascherano during this WC and it emphasises how negligent Barcleona have been playing him as a centre back

Also showed how important a player like him is, which is why we are lucky to have Sandro. Robben has been superb this tournament and he HARDLY touched the ball against Argentina because of Mascherano.

Back