• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

World Cup 3rd Place Playoff - Brazil vs Netherlands

When was the last time Paulinho had a vacation? Didn't he join us straight from the middle of the brazillian league and confederations cup, and going straight into a full season of premier league and finising up in the world cup. The guy might just need a break from football..

When was the last time Paulinho had a vacation? Didn't he join us straight from the middle of the brazillian league and confederations cup, and going straight into a full season of premier league and finising up in the world cup. The guy might just need a break from football..

He seems to have had it in this World Cup

Time to start believing what you see.

Paulinho place on the list of worst Spurs signings in history is assured. He is utterly awful.

razil has lost 2 STRAIGHT NONFRIENDLY games for the FIRST TIME in their ONE HUNDRED year history

Careful. Empathetic common sense comments sometimes get you shot in these woods...

BsYDdd0CQAALohU.png

100% pass completion from Vorm, 23rd and final Dutchman (not counting the Belgians) to play in this WC.

Oh well, I'll be the one I suppose (along with Norwegian)…I think there's a great player in there if Poch can find him. Must be exhausted after 2 years of virtual non-stop football, his confidence took an absolute beating last season under two different managers, Sherwood ****ed him publicly then bizarrely started to pick him again (confused? i'm sure he was) and he was part of a Brazil squad which was woefully under-prepared. Did he start the Germany semi? Nope. Would he have made a difference? Probably not. But had Big Phil chosen Alves or ANYONE but Maicon, had his DMs actually sat and done their job, and had Ramires played, that game might have been a lot tighter. As it is, they have come undone in terrible fashion, and Big Phil has genuinely undone a good percentage of his rep for me during this effort. But they still have some GREAT players, and as for Paulinho, I believe he could be a fine player for us still if Poch can get him rested and get his confidence back. As for 'one of our worst signings', no no, I could write a long list which wouldn't include him...

Oh well, I'll be the one I suppose (along with Norwegian)…I think there's a great player in there if Poch can find him. Must be exhausted after 2 years of virtual non-stop football, his confidence took an absolute beating last season under two different managers, Sherwood ****ed him publicly then bizarrely started to pick him again (confused? i'm sure he was) and he was part of a Brazil squad which was woefully under-prepared. Did he start the Germany semi? Nope. Would he have made a difference? Probably not. But had Big Phil chosen Alves or ANYONE but Maicon, had his DMs actually sat and done their job, and had Ramires played, that game might have been a lot tighter. As it is, they have come undone in terrible fashion, and Big Phil has genuinely undone a good percentage of his rep for me during this effort. But they still have some GREAT players, and as for Paulinho, I believe he could be a fine player for us still if Poch can get him rested and get his confidence back. As for 'one of our worst signings', no no, I could write a long list which wouldn't include him...

He looks to me like a player who would benefit from being given a clearly defined role until he finds his feet and gets his confidence back.

Could turn out to be good but I would take the money and run where as with Lamela I see a player and would give him time I do not have those feelings for Paulinho.

Absolutely. And a rest.

Agreed.

I am not convinced that he is particularly well suited to being one of two holding midfielders. I think that he would be better in a 4-3-3 alongside a ball player and a shield, being given licence to get forward. If we were to move to that and he needs a rest, I think that we would also get the best out of Sig in this role.

Agreed.

I am not convinced that he is particularly well suited to being one of two holding midfielders. I think that he would be better in a 4-3-3 alongside a ball player and a shield, being given licence to get forward. If we were to move to that and he needs a rest, I think that we would also get the best out of Sig in this role.

Agree with Paulinho, I wonder with Sig. He has all the technical tools but it's his psychology I wonder about. He was involved in a couple of GREAT goals last season though, quick-passing efforts too...

Time to start believing what you see.

Paulinho place on the list of worst Spurs signings in history is assured. He is utterly awful.

I really thought we had secured an all round goal contributing midfielder when he signed. there were glimpses last year but with the manager changes he slipped into nothingness. Then I thought he'd have a storming world cup but all he did was continue his spurs form. If someone offered us our moneyback or more then i'd let him go.

As for the deal of the summer....it has to be getting rid of david luiz to psg for all that cash. Absolute dogsh!t.

Agree with Paulinho, I wonder with Sig. He has all the technical tools but it's his psychology I wonder about. He was involved in a couple of GREAT goals last season though, quick-passing efforts too...
I'd agree that Sig has been far from brilliant in a Spurs shirt so far but I think that he is another one who would benefit from a clearly defined role

Back