• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Work Shirts

southstand1882

Mitchell Thomas
Where do you get your work shirts from?

I tend to buy mine from T.M. Lewin as you can buy 5 for ?ú100. I guess they're the lower end of mid-range, but I don't fancy spending ?ú50-?ú100 on a single shirt.

I'd like to try some other brands so anybody have any recommendations for decent, mid-range, well made shirts?

M&S - the ?ú25+ ones iron well and fit well too. Shame about the choice though.

Difficult for me as I'm a 17 inch neck but the body on those shirts will be too baggy. I usually go for a 16.5 or 17 slim fit.

Hugo Boss......slim fit.

I prefer plain white cotton......but I do own some deckchair materials as well for more informal meetings.

the mid to upper range MandS ones are nice

ive heard Hawes and Curtis are very good - 3 for ?ú90 usually

Hilditch & Key - but only in their sale. Proper shirtmakers.

Have tried a fair few others, and they just don't cut it. bricky curly collars are the worst offenders amongst the others. Pink were particulary rubbish for that, as were New & Lingwood.

Would like to try Turnbull & Asser, but their sales are limited, and their patterns can be a bit..... errrr...... way out for me.

All Saints for me, tend to get mostly more casual shirts for weekend/going out wear, then after a few wears they move to become work wear, probably got about 20 of their shirts. I like their checked shirts alot, but the quality isn't best, find that with a slim tie and waistcoat you can get away with much more casual shirts and still look better than most others in work shirts, though I work for a housing charity so it is a lot less formal than most offices.

A good aside is that once you are bored with their stuff you can get good money for them on ebay, if they are not in to bad nick.

M&S - the ?ú25+ ones iron well and fit well too. Shame about the choice though.

Difficult for me as I'm a 17 inch neck but the body on those shirts will be too baggy. I usually go for a 16.5 or 17 slim fit.

Same here. I go for tight fitting with a large neck.

Indian tailor based in Bangkok. They fit like a glove and cost about 30 quid each. You can take them an Armani shirt and ask them to copy the style but with your measurements. Winner.

Plus whilst it's getting adjusted between fittings you can go and get a rub down...

I find Uniqlo shirts fit best for me and are good value. Also pick up shirts from Gap in the sales, they're usually quite good at slashing prices

As Leeds said, Boss slim fit are excellent.

If you're willing to trawl a lot, TK Maxx have a few Boateng ones for about ?ú20-?ú30 which are really good.

You should be able to get one tailored for ?ú100, which is simply unbeatable - treat yourself to one a year and you'll soon have a decent collection.

I'm 17 inch neck as well.....most shirts are like fudging tents as they assume you're a fat bastard!

I cant do my top button because I have to get a shirt that fits my chest but not my neck. My neck is too big for my body.

I am a fat bastard tho. Well, not as bastard but fat. You may say a little bit of cushion for the pushin.

I am an Arsenal fan - didnt ya know? I was always an Arsenal fan just been parading myself as a spurs fan cos I like this site so much.

Back