• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Winter

Or maybe you could enlighten us all on exactly how the digestion of oil stops an over active immuno response.

Maybe, but you would just pour scorn.

Instead, how about I show you a video from a medical student who talks a language you might listen to?

OK!

[video=youtube;iAFIHiPXZC8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAFIHiPXZC8[/video]

(sorry for the annoying hiss!)

This is mainstream stuff to my mind, not alternative. To me it's common f**king sense!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqT86t-BwFA&NR=1&feature=endscreen

(Another of his video's focusing more on cardiac death)

In the video, He refers to several different studies;

1) This is the big 1999 fish oil study
that I mentioned

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10465168

2) Here is the link to the review showing that fish oil beats out statins in reducing risk of death:

http://archinte.ama-assn.org/cgi/content/full/165/7/725

3) Here is a review article talking about benefits vs. risks of fish

http://jama.ama-assn.org/cgi/content/full/296/15/1885

More information on primary and secondary endpoints:

http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=1120143

Last edited:
I like having pockets.

In the summer you may only have pockets in your jeans/shorts, but a winter coat has loads of pockets.

You brick yourself every time you can't find your phone though.

The positive for a lot of people seems to be the clothes.

For me it means my psoriasis flairs up once more and my arthritis starts to kick in...

Happy days

This is the same condition as my husband, psoritic arthritis. when did you first get symptoms. He was in his late 30's. He walked like an old man. The etanercept (Enbrel) injections really helped, but he hates taking the methotrexate - he feel nauseous & dislikes tea 8-[

Maybe, but you would just pour scorn.

Instead, how about I show you a video from a medical student who talks a language you might listen to?

Of course I will pour scorn, because you will be talking unsubstantiated nonsense again.

There's no need to show me details of the benefits to those who have suffered cardiac arrest, it's a well-known and proven method to increase survival rates. Please note though, that the evidence is that it only helps post cardiac arrest - taking it before is like taking insulin in case you get diabetes.

What I was asking for was details on how imbibing and/or digesting oil helps calm down a misplaced immuno response attack. There's just no logic to that working. In fact, it only makes slight sense if you make the common misconception that eczema is a form of dry skin.

Gifter in conspiracy thread topic hijack shocker

Why are you so adamant on shoving your eating diet down everyone's throat amidst this moral crusade of yours in every second thread. Besides the fact it quiclky destroys the actual topic of discussion - it is quite frankly tiresome reading the same conspiracy, anti main-stream, cool-to-eat-weird-brick, alternative gospel. The biggest irony off all - you're probably spending twice as much on all these alternatives (who are making a killing from 'social rebels') while mocking captialism and consumerism in the next sentence.

I've never seen other posters telling you what to eat or take because most likely they don't give a brick. So why do you feel obliged doing it to everyone else with such commitment?

Last edited:
Gifter in conspiracy thread topic hijack shocker

Why are you so adamant on shoving your eating diet down everyone's throat amidst this moral crusade of yours in every second thread. Besides the fact it quiclky destroys the actual topic of discussion - it is quite frankly tiresome reading the same conspiracy, anti main-stream, cool-to-eat-weird-brick, alternative gospel. The biggest irony off all - you're probably spending twice as much on all these alternatives (who are making a killing from 'social rebels') while mocking captialism and consumerism in the next sentence.

I've never seen other posters telling you what to eat or take because most likely they don't give a brick. So why do you feel obliged doing it to everyone else with such commitment?

Afte work I will write a detailed response which will highlight why this is such a big part of my life.

For now I need to eat my chia seed and almond milk breakfast ...

Afte work I will write a detailed response which will highlight why this is such a big part of my life.

For now I need to eat my chia seed and almond milk breakfast ...

that is some top sh!t right there brother, and the combo with almond milk is a good one. Any milk derived from nuts and seeds is like heaven. I also like mixing the chia with freshly pressed apple juice

cant live without our
OscarVital900_fruit_small.jpg

great for all seasons

I dont mind winter when its simply cold. Its the snow that i cant stand. Very pretty at first, but it soon becomes tiresome

What I was asking for was details on how imbibing and/or digesting oil helps calm down a misplaced immuno response attack. There's just no logic to that working.

I don't know if it works or not, but there is a loose logic to it ...

The arachidonic acid Gifter mention is a precursor in production of prostaglandins and other molecules that are involved in the inflammatory and immune responses. Arachidonic acid also acts as a cellular signalling molecules where it plays a role in the inflammatory response.

That said, taking it as a dietary supplement is several steps away. No question a deficiency in these molecules would cause major problems but they are available in many foods and supplements aren't necessary if you have a balanced diet. The inflammatory and immune responses involve many molecules involved with complex interactions. It would be very harmful if these reactions were sensitivity to dietary intake, as you want the inflammatory response to respond to injury or infection, not what you eat (this is the major flaw in the logic).

I quite like autumn but not winter. something about the leaves changing and stormy weather is quite atmospheric. i think us brits are conditioned to convince ourselves that we dont mind autumn and winter because we have no choice. i lived in california for a year and trust me i didnt miss autumn and winter one bit. there is something very positive for the soul about being in sun everday

I had rosacea for a number of years, there is no cure the doctors say (it an inflammatory condition just like psoriasis and arthritis).

Well, plenty of good source Omega 3, cutting down (better out completely for a time if you are in flare up) Omega 6 source foods and cutting out processed sugars (even natural to a large degree) and would you adam and eve it = gone.

It's tough, but I am testament that you can stop these things in their tracks (most people) if you stop feeding them and instead feed yourself with the correct nutrients which re-balance the bodies equilibrium.

So someone else doing the same and it not working for them would be testament to that you can't then? So we're just as far, either it works or it doesn't.

If only there was some way where you could try these things out on a larger group of people, study the effects to see what actually happens and control for biases.

Placebo controlled, double blinded studies. There should be no alternative.

I generally like seasons, including winter, but don't like the extremes for long periods.

I've lived through five Minnesota winters. The temperature drops below freezing late Nov/early Dec and never goes above it until about March. In Jan/Feb you can have daytime highs around 10-15F (ca -10C). That is damn cold and when the wind blows you'd better be wrapped up. However some of the sunny winter days around January are wonderful. Its so cold the snow remains frozen and you don't get black ice on the roads. Its sunny, the air crisp and dry and the snow covered countryside is great. Where these winters got depressing was by Mar/Apr when the snows began to melt, it became slippery, and it was overcast.

The opposite end I have experienced is the summers in the US. On the East Coast it is horrible when its 95 and humid for weeks on end, barely dropping below 90 at night. You walk out of an air-conditioned building and hit this wall of wet heat. Absolutely awful. This is where you learn to tip the barman at the local air-conditioned bar. A most depressing day was the first thunderstorm. I expected it to clear the air like it does in Britain and it does for a bit, until a few seconds after the rain stops.

The dry hot summers of the south-west are much easier to handle, even if it gets hotter. The summers are worse in Minnesota than Los Angeles. But it soon gets boring without a winter. Curiously enough the locals still behave as if its winter. In LA they bring out the fleece jackers and parkas when it drops into the 50s. In San Diego some of the beaches are closed until May because it is too cold (under 80).

So I like winter, just not too much of it.

This is the same condition as my husband, psoritic arthritis. when did you first get symptoms. He was in his late 30's. He walked like an old man. The etanercept (Enbrel) injections really helped, but he hates taking the methotrexate - he feel nauseous & dislikes tea 8-[

Isn't that the stuff used to abort pregnancies (early stage, ectopic etc)?

Not offically winter yet I know, but never understood how people could prefer it to summer. Yes there are good things about winter, but I simply don't get why people prefer the cold to warm sunshine (albeit not much in England), the fact that it's pitch black by half 4 as opposed to light until almost 10pm in the summer, having to scrape your car in the morning, shivering in the car until the heater warms up, driving to work in the dark and driving home again in the dark. Plus people tend to get ill more frequently in the winter. I suffer from eczema, which is exacerbated by the cold weather.

Try living here in the winter ! 40 odd years of Scottish winters :eek:

Beautiful place.....but feckin freezing !

[video=youtube;8-_bYXOSvJ0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-_bYXOSvJ0&feature=relmfu[/video]

Last edited:
Back