• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Winter

Jurgen the German

Tommy Harmer
Not offically winter yet I know, but never understood how people could prefer it to summer. Yes there are good things about winter, but I simply don't get why people prefer the cold to warm sunshine (albeit not much in England), the fact that it's pitch black by half 4 as opposed to light until almost 10pm in the summer, having to scrape your car in the morning, shivering in the car until the heater warms up, driving to work in the dark and driving home again in the dark. Plus people tend to get ill more frequently in the winter. I suffer from eczema, which is exacerbated by the cold weather.

I do quite like the cold sunshine, when everything looks a bit hazy but there's a cold briskness in the air.

I'm not looking forward to the black ice but I am very fortunate in how close the places I need to be are to me.

My half-baked philosophy is that winter's going to happen whether you like it or not so just wear brick loads of clothes, drink lots of Guinness, eat lots of food, look forward to Christmas, enjoy Christmas, then make sure you have something else to look forward to otherwise the next two months will seem much worse than they are.

I always look forward to Christmas, but the dog days of January and February are not fun.

I forgot about black ice. People don't know how to drive in the snow, which leads to heavy traffic. The country almost comes to a standstill whenever it snows.

From that page;

According to the product labeling of infliximab (Remicade), etanercept (Enbrel), and adalimumab (Humira), these drugs are in the class of immunosuppressants. A number of studies and reports of adverse and serious adverse reactions in patients receiving infliximab have been conducted. Risks include:
serious and sometimes fatal blood disorders
serious infections
lymphoma and solid tissue cancers
reports of serious liver injury
reactivation of hepatitis B
reactivation of tuberculosis[18]
lethal hepatosplenic T-cell lymphoma (generally only when combined with 6-mercaptopurine)
drug-induced lupus
demyelinating central nervous system disorders
Cases of leukopenia, neutropenia, thrombocytopenia, and pancytopenia (some fatal) have been reported with infliximab.[19] The FDA issued a warning to doctors appearing in the respective product labeling of infliximab instructing them to screen and monitor potential patients more carefully.[20] The FDA issued a warning to doctors that there is an increased risk of lymphoma and other cancers associated with the use of infliximab and other tumor necrosis factor blockers in children and adolescents.[21]

Maintenance therapy with the drug (versus intermittent or sporadic therapy) lessens the likelihood of developing antibodies to infliximab which are known to reduce the efficacy of the drug.Combination treatment with methotrexate (an antifolate drug which suppresses the immune system) has been shown to reduce the formation of these antibodies in patients with rheumatoid arthritis[22] and combination therapy with other immunosuppressants has been shown to reduce the likelihood of these antibodies being formed in Crohn's disease.[15] The use of immunosuppressants may not be necessary in all diseases for which infliximab is indicated, and indiscriminant uses of these other immunosuppressants carry their own risks. Infliximab was studied in monotherapy (without concomitant immunosuppressants such as methotrexate or azathioprine) in psoriasis, psoriatic arthritis, and ankylosing spondylitis. Only its use in rheumatoid arthritis requires the concomitant use of methotrexate by FDA product labeling; however, the concomitant use of methotrexate in other disease states may help to reduce the body's immune response to the infliximab and increase its duration of efficacy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good natural Omega three side effects? Ummm pretty much none...

Last edited:
I like Winter - its cosy and less uncomfortable on trains and tubes and public transport in general. When youre wearing a suit for five of the seven days it becomes very uncomfortable.

That said - seeing women all wrapped up isnt fun

I like Winter - its cosy and less uncomfortable on trains and tubes and public transport in general. When youre wearing a suit for five of the seven days it becomes very uncomfortable.

I actually think some womens winter wear is quite sexy.... Not in a "phwoar look at her all wrapped up" kind of way but some ladies can really pull off the winter look.

I like winter as it means less sleepless nights due to rank humid weather. Atleast in the cold i can simply add an extra blanket or hot water bottle... In summer you cant do fudge all but lay there sweatin your tits off.

I actually think some womens winter wear is quite sexy.... Not in a "phwoar look at her all wrapped up" kind of way but some ladies can really pull off the winter look.

I like winter as it means less sleepless nights due to rank humid weather. Atleast in the cold i can simply add an extra blanket or hot water bottle... In summer you cant do fudge all but lay there sweatin your tits off.

I agree about the winter look I guess its just nice to sit in a pub watch and perv over women in skimpy shorts and barely there tops.

I definitely understand the whole easy to make yourself warmer but difficult to be cooler thought process. I cant sit on the tube and become cooler but I can wrap a scarf and coat around me and hey presto

From that page;

According to the product labeling of infliximab (Remicade), etanercept (Enbrel), and adalimumab (Humira), these drugs are in the class of immunosuppressants. A number of studies and reports of adverse and serious adverse reactions in patients receiving infliximab have been conducted. Risks include:
serious and sometimes fatal blood disorders
serious infections
lymphoma and solid tissue cancers
reports of serious liver injury
reactivation of hepatitis B
reactivation of tuberculosis[18]
lethal hepatosplenic T-cell lymphoma (generally only when combined with 6-mercaptopurine)
drug-induced lupus
demyelinating central nervous system disorders
Cases of leukopenia, neutropenia, thrombocytopenia, and pancytopenia (some fatal) have been reported with infliximab.[19] The FDA issued a warning to doctors appearing in the respective product labeling of infliximab instructing them to screen and monitor potential patients more carefully.[20] The FDA issued a warning to doctors that there is an increased risk of lymphoma and other cancers associated with the use of infliximab and other tumor necrosis factor blockers in children and adolescents.[21]

Maintenance therapy with the drug (versus intermittent or sporadic therapy) lessens the likelihood of developing antibodies to infliximab which are known to reduce the efficacy of the drug.Combination treatment with methotrexate (an antifolate drug which suppresses the immune system) has been shown to reduce the formation of these antibodies in patients with rheumatoid arthritis[22] and combination therapy with other immunosuppressants has been shown to reduce the likelihood of these antibodies being formed in Crohn's disease.[15] The use of immunosuppressants may not be necessary in all diseases for which infliximab is indicated, and indiscriminant uses of these other immunosuppressants carry their own risks. Infliximab was studied in monotherapy (without concomitant immunosuppressants such as methotrexate or azathioprine) in psoriasis, psoriatic arthritis, and ankylosing spondylitis. Only its use in rheumatoid arthritis requires the concomitant use of methotrexate by FDA product labeling; however, the concomitant use of methotrexate in other disease states may help to reduce the body's immune response to the infliximab and increase its duration of efficacy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good natural Omega three side effects? Ummm pretty much none...

You get the same warnings on paracetamol :lol:

:( The list of why I dislike winter keeps growing.

Southstand, Gifter, I've been told to try all sorts of remedies to cure ezcema. Don't think anything gets rid of it permanently, just something I have to live with. It doesn't get too bad in all honesty, it's just uncomfortable and the cold weather, icy wind and central heating dries the skin, which leads to the condition getting exacerbated.

Imagine what it's like for people who suffer from seasonal affective disorder, it's bad enough for people who don't suffer from it!

Last edited:
My husband is on etanercept (Enbrel) + methotrexate :(

I hate winter - I am too clumsy at the best of times, so adding snow + ice to the mix is not great.

I'd consider having no effect whatsoever in the treatment of eczema to be a fairly major side effect in this case.

Your grasp of nutrition is really very very very poor.

Perhaps you should look into Arachidonic acid, but of course you won't as you always show that you know best...

Last edited:
The positive for a lot of people seems to be the clothes.

For me it means my psoriasis flairs up once more and my arthritis starts to kick in...

Happy days

I had rosacea for a number of years, there is no cure the doctors say (it an inflammatory condition just like psoriasis and arthritis).

Well, plenty of good source Omega 3, cutting down (better out completely for a time if you are in flare up) Omega 6 source foods and cutting out processed sugars (even natural to a large degree) and would you adam and eve it = gone.

It's tough, but I am testament that you can stop these things in their tracks (most people) if you stop feeding them and instead feed yourself with the correct nutrients which re-balance the bodies equilibrium.

The positive for a lot of people seems to be the clothes.

For me it means my psoriasis flairs up once more and my arthritis starts to kick in...

Happy days

Try rubbing it with moon crystals and hopping on a virgin's snatch.

Your grasp of nutrition is really very very very poor.

Perhaps you should look into Arachidonic acid, but of course you won't as you always show that you know best...

Or maybe you could enlighten us all on exactly how the digestion of oil stops an over active immuno response.

Back