• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Winter illness.

Mumorn

Vic Buckingham
Anyone got it?

I've been ill since Wednesday night, felt like absolute brick. Headache non stop, stomach aches, vomiting, drowsiness etc. been taking paracetamol and ibuprofen but neither have done anything at all. Struggling to sleep too at times, waking up every half hour or so. fudging awful feeling.

I started with a bad sore throat on boxing day, went to work next day and throat had turned into a heavy cold, yesterday went in to work again and they sent me home at lunchtime, slept for 11 hours lastnight and I feel a lot better today, been taking echinacea for past 2.5 days and lots of fluids including honey & lemon hot drinks every hour or so...

Yup, I've got a fudging stupid cold as well. On Boxing Day, my throat hurt, I have been progressively getting worse and today have a banging migraine that hurts like crazy! fudged off with it.

So what was up with Boxing Day? If that's two of us that went down with something on the same day!

I've been struggling to sleep too! I mean I go to bed and just lay there, feel ridiculously tired but unable to sleep.

I think a million people or more got norovirus, but I'm sure you'd know if you had it

You wouldn't be able to eat or drink without being violently sick

If you didn't have those symptoms, you probably just had a gay boy cold

I think a million people or more got norovirus, but I'm sure you'd know if you had it

You wouldn't be able to eat or drink without being violently sick

If you didn't have those symptoms, you probably just had a gay boy cold

Are those figures Worldwide? As I don't know a single person who has had norovirus this year.

My symptoms are cold symptoms but still leaving me feeling like brick, whether that makes me a wuss or whatever.

my chest infection kicked in Xmas day - pretty much been sleeping since then.
dragged myself to the Dr's yesterday - meds are working a treat.
just exhausted now as ive hardly eaten for 3 days.

and now getting the bricks - hopefully a byproduct of meds and little food and not that Vauxhall Nova-virus

Are those figures Worldwide? As I don't know a single person who has had norovirus this year.

My symptoms are cold symptoms but still leaving me feeling like brick, whether that makes me a wuss or whatever.

UK

The number of people affected by an outbreak of the winter vomiting bug could have passed 1 million, new figures show.
The number of laboratory-confirmed cases of the norovirus has reached 3,538 in England and Wales, up from 3,046 last week and an 83% increase on the 1,934 cases at this time last year, the Health Protection Agency (HPA) said.
But the HPA has said that for every reported case an estimated 288 go unreported, meaning there could be 1.01 million cases, up from just under 880,000 last week.
The HPA said that in the two weeks to 23 December there were 70 reported hospital outbreaks of the virus, compared to 61 in the previous fortnight, bringing the total of outbreaks for the season to 538.
The number of cases has risen earlier than expected this year, following an as-yet-unexplained trend seen across Europe and other parts of the world.

All speculation of course, but I can understand that for every 1 reported case, several hundreds wouldn't bother reporting

Wow!

I had a night of vomiting at the start of December but I put that down more to a migraine than anything else. I was sick a few times and suffered from banging migraine all day so figure that it was just the migraine.

I've had that norovirus once and it was horrible experience, to the point where my stomach just wouldn't settle down for a few day after I was ill. Plus the whole horrible experience of it coming out of both ends almost at once...

And my migraine that I have at the moment is evil. I have mate around watching the football, otherwise I would just go to bed to try to sleep it off.

Had a cold leading up to Xmas and then it seemed to start to go... Now its back!! Had a sinus headache and completely blocked nose last night, woke up with the same today plus a sore throat thrown in for good measure.

Problem with being a coach driver is its hard to escape these bugs and colds when you got some dingdong sat right behind the drivers seat coughing and sneezing all over you!

... And now my skins burning coz, like an idiot, i thought id pop a few nose drops in the bath to clear my nose without first reading the label "AVOID CONTACT WITH SKIN"

What a nob!

Had norovirus three weeks ago. That's one evil mofo of a virus. Literally and I do mean literally being sick every thirty minutes or so for 24hours straight. I couldn't even keep water down. So no sleep for 24hours and no food for 72. I slept like a baby for over 18 hours when it was over. Never again (I hope)

my chest infection kicked in Xmas day - pretty much been sleeping since then.
dragged myself to the Dr's yesterday - meds are working a treat.
just exhausted now as ive hardly eaten for 3 days.

and now getting the bricks - hopefully a byproduct of meds and little food and not that Vauxhall Nova-virus

Pretty sure it is. I bruised my ribs on the day of the Swansea game, fell in the bath, the pain in my lungs got that bad I had to get some anti-biotics, eased the pain a little, but my GHod did they give me the sh#ts

Back