• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Winter illness.

Was in Asda earlier

Lemsip Max flu capules £3.50 for 16
Asda Max flu capsules £1.49 for 16

Look at the ingredients exactly the same and amount in both, dont get ripped off !!!!

My first family Christmas totally destroyed by this brick, got mine on boxing day too. Haven't seen the nipper since as I am home whilst she has visited her family with the baby.

Has no one also got the bricks, proper bricks when you must not fart or face the consequences. Totally fudged me, missed all football, and fun and games, I have slept like for 3 days.. this is the first time right now I have come out from under the duvet to check whether the world is still in one piece.

Anyone else praying they don't cough.

I don't eat that much salt in my diet, but my mucus coming from my nose is strangely very very salty.

Not bothered with lemsip brick, don't work. Anadin Extra for me, plus real lemon juice for the throat.

First symptoms were for me feelings like I had a proper kicking, aching all over, then the bricks, then sore throat.. now runny nose.

I had tickets for the darts on Friday!

Last edited:
I'm with you on the fart or face the consequences. I'm just holding them in and then going to the toilet every now and then to save myself continuous trips. It's fudging awful. I'm pretty much scared that if I cough I will shart the fudging house down, can't be having that.

Lemsip, Paracetamol, Ibuprofen, none of that brick has helped whatsoever. My throat is as sore as fudge, just can't swallow any food, even struggling to drink water because of it and the headache, oh the fudging headache!

Yeah the diaphragm is going through a proper workout, every time I look like I am going to cough I tense that motherfudger to stop me. If I don't all hell breaks lose, bricks, throat, nose all imploding at the same time. The worst bit is the throat feeling like its the outside of a glass glitter ball.

As for medicine, I have had this before and it doesn't work, I use Anadin extra as it helps with the headache more than anything, as well as the aches.
The real lemons help with the ulcerated throat. Just mix with semi hot water, and sip a little at a time to help when needed.
Its about letting the body do its work to get rid of this beast.

my chest infection kicked in Xmas day - pretty much been sleeping since then.
dragged myself to the Dr's yesterday - meds are working a treat.
just exhausted now as ive hardly eaten for 3 days.

and now getting the bricks - hopefully a byproduct of meds and little food and not that Vauxhall Nova-virus

I had bacterial pneumonia at the end of november/beginning of december and was on strong antibiotics for a week. I had an upset stomach even though I didn't eat a thing for a week and ate very cautiously for a week after the antiobiotics were finished.

Ive literally done nothing but rest and sleep for 4 days now and I still feel totally devoid on energy and Ive not even had that norovirus..

Doing my nut in now

Was in Asda earlier

Lemsip Max flu capules £3.50 for 16
Asda Max flu capsules £1.49 for 16

Look at the ingredients exactly the same and amount in both, dont get ripped off !!!!
Apparently often the difference between 'premium' and 'store own' is only a bit of caffeine, which apparently speeds up the delivery into the blood stream. So, buy the cheaper one and drink some coffee.

Had norovirus three weeks ago. That's one evil mofo of a virus. Literally and I do mean literally being sick every thirty minutes or so for 24hours straight. I couldn't even keep water down. So no sleep for 24hours and no food for 72. I slept like a baby for over 18 hours when it was over. Never again (I hope)

I've had one bout of it in each of the last three winters, it is not pleasant. I've managed to avoid it so far this year, and I'm hoping that I remain to do so. I can just about cope with the hourly vomiting/bricking for 24 hours, but what I really can't cope with is the stomach cramps. My stomach feels like it's been tied in knots and I have great difficulty trying to eat anything at all for at least two days afterwards. Not nice at all.

Joined the norovirus club the early hours of this morning. Not pleasant is it *puffs cheeks*

I'd be careful to which cheeks you puff.

A special video for all you norovirus sufferers

[video=youtube_share;It7107ELQvY]http://youtu.be/It7107ELQvY[/video]

Last edited:
Had a terrible cold over the christmas period, better now but had a headache the last few days which is unusual for me, usually if I get one and take painkillers it'll go, but not the last few days, I've been often taking them 2 or 3 times in a day. Think that might just be new years eve's drinking hitting me back though!

Felt under-par after the Reading game, then on the 2nd, I had a terrible headache (a bit like having 2 knitting needles angled into the inside of my eyes). All I did was sleep for two days, then the runny nose and cough took over. I now sound like an angry wolfhound when I cough and my diaphragm feels like its been pummelled by both of the Klitschko brothers after I said something derogatory about a family member!

Has anyone else noticed the period of time when you are getting sick when you feel invincible? I'd imagine that it's akin to the feeling you get after having good coke but I don't use so I don't know.

I think the feeling is brought on by your immune system going through the roof, trying to fight off the bug.

Back