• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Windows 8

Ok try these bitches:

Windows Logo + C
Windows Logo + D
Windows Logo + I
Windows Logo + Q
Windows Logo + F

I upgraded last night to check it out, only £25 which makes it worth a go.

Have to say I'm pretty much just using it in desktop mode at the moment, browser etc works way better in desktop mode especially if you like to have multiple tabs running.

Is a bit random just hovering around in place but I'm sure once you get used to it it will be quick enough.

Those shortcuts however are perfect, make things so much easier to use.

Do you mean the snap left/right thing? That is pretty nifty having 2 different things open but thats when you go to top left. Bottom left just gives you a shortcut menu to the things you already posted shortcuts to. Bit long winded to get there having to hover top left then move to bottom left.

Its a bit random to get used to e.g. you can have desktop programs shortcuts on the main start menu and the browsers are different so you can have IE open in 2 places etc. Also seems like theres no way to close any of the new Metro things. I'm sure once you get used to it things will be OK.

Kind of feels like they have some excellent ideas but haven't quite figured out the right way to implement them. I expect Windows 9 will nail that out.

Can see this doing well though, as good and mobile as some of the IOS/Android stuff is you can't really get any proper work done or certainly not in the field I'm in anyway.

Also theres a pro thing where you can boot windows of a USB, can see that doing well for people who want to work from home etc, being able to fire that up on a home PC instead of taking my work laptop home would be pretty cool.

Also theres a pro thing where you can boot windows off a USB, can see that doing well for people who want to work from home etc, being able to fire that up on a home PC instead of taking my work laptop home would be pretty cool.

Woah, that sounds incredible... but that wouldn't work surely? Sounds a bit too simple to boot the entire OS from a USB stick... has anyone tried it?

Woah, that sounds incredible... but that wouldn't work surely? Sounds a bit too simple to boot the entire OS from a USB stick... has anyone tried it?

It does indeed work. It's called a Portable Workspace. You need a 16GB memory stick

[video=youtube;1WAAZ76cSEw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WAAZ76cSEw[/video]

So are all the apps installed to the cloud? I'm pretty sure my work Win7 install is over 16g without data.

I tried it a few months ago - I hate the way you are supposed to hover over nothing at all, to bring up a button.

That is a terrible bit of design... just hover in a random corner and random things happen.

Just put a button you clusterfux.

I skipped Vista and Win7 so I reckon I can skip Win8 too... XP ftw, oldskool.

I have XP too - best windows edition ever imo

And I have tried Vista and Windows 7 - and I dont like them. So not a big chance, I will like Win 8 either

From what I know, Windows will continue releasing XP updates until 2014 - so dont have to make any decision yet.

It does indeed work. It's called a Portable Workspace. You need a 16GB memory stick

[video=youtube;1WAAZ76cSEw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WAAZ76cSEw[/video]

Sun Microsystems developed that using a pass card over network/intranet years ago. Good to see it in public use though.

Who the heck even uses media centre? I've never even opened it and I've had various different versions of windows for a decade.

Have to say Xbox music player is awful, for instance it lists all the artists and the no of albums each one has however when you click on an artist that say has 2 albums you can't choose the individual album you just get a list of all their songs. Also no way to browse by genre so far either that I've discovered, that sucks when you think I spent days carefully renaming and adding album art etc to all my MP3'd as I have over 10,000.

Have to say it tested it in 7 coupled with yammm for the synopsis and album art and it works quite well, but long term I just browse my video directory.

Mainly for those who might use it on their htpc's.

To close apps, you can grab them at the top (left click and hold) and then drag them to the bottom of the screen.

So what does the Windows key do? I'm guessing it has become redundant in Windows8? Could they make it mimic a tablet home button?

Who the heck even uses media centre? I've never even opened it and I've had various different versions of windows for a decade.

Have to say Xbox music player is awful, for instance it lists all the artists and the no of albums each one has however when you click on an artist that say has 2 albums you can't choose the individual album you just get a list of all their songs. Also no way to browse by genre so far either that I've discovered, that sucks when you think I spent days carefully renaming and adding album art etc to all my MP3'd as I have over 10,000.

I used to use it - it ran my HTPC for about 5 years. Recently switched to 4therecord with Mediaportal though.

So what does the Windows key do? I'm guessing it has become redundant in Windows8? Could they make it mimic a tablet home button?

That's exactly what it does, it switches to the new home menu. If you are already on the home menu then it can also switch to dektop if you already had that open e.g. if you had the IE desktop browser open and were on the new home menu pressing it would take you back to desktop IE.

That's exactly what it does, it switches to the new home menu. If you are already on the home menu then it can also switch to dektop if you already had that open e.g. if you had the IE desktop browser open and were on the new home menu pressing it would take you back to desktop IE.

Yeah bitches, I've got this design shizzle licked!

I used to have a mac and still have it but thought id buy a laptop this time round - sony vaio has windows 8 on it. The first hour I was so fudgein confused and perplexed by it. But gotta say I fudgein love it. Maybe because it makes a change from dealing with a Mac for so long an got bored of it but I really do like using this windows 8. Been getting used to it and have added a few shortcuts to help like 'GHod mode' and 'Shut down' etc and sorted out my start screen etc.

8/10.

What I would like to know is - which anti virus software to use? Mcafee? Norton? dont know any others.

I used to have a mac and still have it but thought id buy a laptop this time round - sony vaio has windows 8 on it. The first hour I was so fudgein confused and perplexed by it. But gotta say I fudgein love it. Maybe because it makes a change from dealing with a Mac for so long an got bored of it but I really do like using this windows 8. Been getting used to it and have added a few shortcuts to help like 'GHod mode' and 'Shut down' etc and sorted out my start screen etc.

8/10.

What I would like to know is - which anti virus software to use? Mcafee? Norton? dont know any others.

Free, impartial help here

i've always been a fan of kaspersky and nod32 in the past but these days ms security essentials is my weapon of choice

Back