• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Wiltshire and who should play for England comments

Wheelchair may be a bit of a ****, but I agree with him completely here. I don't think it is right when someone who has spent a few years in a country as an adult suddenly starts playing for their national team. I don't think Wheelchair ever said you have to be born in England to play for the national team. It is obviously a big difference between a "Senna" and a player who has moved to a country with his family at a young age, or has close family from another country than the one he was born in.

when i read the quotes, i picture Wheelchair sounding exactly like this ****ing mong.

[video=youtube;kjuNuqIev8M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjuNuqIev8M[/video]

I'm pretty sure the EDL would kick Wheelchair out for being too thick, Chavvy & cvnty.

You don't see the difference between that and a kid born in a country then moving along with his parents to a new country as a young child where he grows up, learns the language of his new country and largely feels like he belongs in that country?

I think both are same situations. Nowdays, don't think any countries are going to turn down the chance to include a good player in their squad even if he is not born in that country. Situations like that of Senna has become a common issue in all the sports now. I think the Americans have been doing that since the 1960s, luring Eastern European sportsmen to play for them. This issue has only become common in football for the last 10 years or so. I think you are going to lose out if you continue with the old nationality issues.

Wheelchair may be a bit of a ****, but I agree with him completely here. I don't think it is right when someone who has spent a few years in a country as an adult suddenly starts playing for their national team. I don't think Wheelchair ever said you have to be born in England to play for the national team. It is obviously a big difference between a "Senna" and a player who has moved to a country with his family at a young age, or has close family from another country than the one he was born in.

I agree.

Going down this route with the young United lad as an example ... Whats stopping the big leagues in the future from snapping up all the talented youngsters from weaker nations and making them eligable for their national teams? Would make a mockery of international football.

Jack Wheelchair: "Only English players should play for England."

That's hypocritical of someone who's got so much Colombian in him.

Allegedly.

"I would rather watch Downton Abbey than England"

- Neil Warnock

A5759_zps8317402a.jpg

what about players born in England leave here when they are very young and then come back after an age.

Last edited:
Jack Wheelchair's comment that only English people should play for England was "unhelpful and misguided", says the chairman of the Football Association's race equality advisory group.

That must be a really weird job to have. To try and promote equality for all races within an organisation that is supposed to help one race be better than the others at football.

Jack Wheelchair's comment that only English people should play for England was "unhelpful and misguided", says the chairman of the Football Association's race equality advisory group.

That must be a really weird job to have. To try and promote equality for all races within an organisation that is supposed to help one race be better than the others at football.

LOL.

But are the English a race?

Might suprise some of you if you have ever read any comments i have made in political threads on the random side of this thread but i could not disagree more with wiltshire.

So what if someone was not born here i know plenty of people that have been here years and would consider themselves english, it seems to me the best player in the under 21 team was not born here either.

Not sure what defines a person as english but feel the F.A. have been a bit behind the time in looking at this, other countries notably france and germany are doing it with good results. I can remember when black players started making their way into the england team and it resulted in more black fans coming to watch the game. Always thought it would be quite good if we could asian players playing more in the premership as it would break down a few barriers.

As for getting people who have moved to the country recently to play for the national team, well it seems to me one of the few advantages to mass immigration that new labour forced on us, might as well have a decent national team. Worked for the cricket team, not that i watch that stupid ****ing sport.

What do you think, do you agree or disagree with wiltshire?

The whole concept of nation vs nation in competition will become outdated in a few years. But whilst it isn't outdated, then I personally think that a player needs to have been born in the country to represent it OR if born elsewhere lived in the country of their national choice from an infant at the very latest.

Vinnie Jones played for Wales for example. What my favourite buttplug!

No it won't.

Yes it will. The liberal PC movement will eventually succeed in ensuring that national identity becomes something to be ashamed of for certain nations around the world. It's a matter of time and it will happen in the next century. Countries won't cease to exist, but certain countries will cease competing as nations for fear of offending other countries, or even though own people. Immigration around the world will also speed this process up as the concept of national identity will become increasingly blurred and second and third generation immigrants may not feel part of the main culture and therefore not want to represent it, and find those that do represent it offensive.

The whole concept of nation vs nation in competition will become outdated in a few years. But whilst it isn't outdated, then I personally think that a player needs to have been born in the country to represent it OR if born elsewhere lived in the country of their national choice from an infant at the very latest.

Vinnie Jones played for Wales for example. What my favourite buttplug!

Hopefully not just in competition.

Back