• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Wifi settings keep dropping out on samsung UE40ES6800, HELP !!!

yeah, what's the distance?

any new electrical kit in the house, new dect phones, missus sitting on her new iPad between the two, new neighbours with a stronger router on the same channel?

Yep, it could be a frequency issue. Used to have it when the baby monitor was on (as it used the 2.4ghz frequency along with the router).

Vouch for the T-Link. Never really understood what they were so was trawling many metres of cable of out windows so I could bring the router into the living room ](*,). They say it has to be in the mains and not in an adapter or extension although hasn't seem to cause me issues.

Yep, it could be a frequency issue. Used to have it when the baby monitor was on (as it used the 2.4ghz frequency along with the router).

Vouch for the T-Link. Never really understood what they were so was trawling many metres of cable of out windows so I could bring the router into the living room ](*,). They say it has to be in the mains and not in an adapter or extension although hasn't seem to cause me issues.
Extensions are fine, it's just surge protectors as they can filter the signal.

I spent ages trying to find a 10m cable without a surge protector.

All my extensions are surge protected and it seemed fine, perhaps it's better without as you say

All my extensions are surge protected and it seemed fine, perhaps it's better without as you say
In my experience I've found roughly a 30% speed drop through surge protectors. Doesn't completely stop them and should be enough for all but the highest HD

Always connect the TP link to a mains point. The surge protected extension costs me up to 50% at the most and generally more than 20%.

When I move to my new house I am going to have it cat 6'd all over.

One thing to note, they're very fragile.

Always take them out of the mains before turning any fuses off. The mild spike can often kill them

Right my TP links are both in plug sockets and paired up, what do I need to do now ???

Ive got one plugged in with an enthernet cable to my laptop and the other plugged in and cabled upto my modem, still dropping out on my tv it seems though, so problem not solved

Well its made my sky broadband speed double !!!

4054345745.png

Last edited:
I have one ethernet cable between my tv and plug, the other in my bedroom between my router and the other plug

My tv is saying the wired connection has failed ???

I have a BT openreach router and a sky one which plugs into the bt one, what router does the cable need to be in ??

Also its in one of the lan holes rather than an adsl hole

I have one ethernet cable between my tv and plug, the other in my bedroom between my router and the other plug

My tv is saying the wired connection has failed ???

I have a BT openreach router and a sky one which plugs into the bt one, what router does the cable need to be in ??

Also its in one of the lan holes rather than an adsl hole
The cable needs to be in the router. Not the modem. So the one connected to the one that is connected to the main wire from the wall.

The cable needs to be in the router. Not the modem. So the one connected to the one that is connected to the main wire from the wall.

Done, my smart tv still doesnt keep or recognise either a wired or wifi signal, it must be something inside the TV

Back