• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Wifi settings keep dropping out on samsung UE40ES6800, HELP !!!

markysimmo

Johnny nice-tits
All of a sudden my wifi keeps dropping out from my smart tv, I've tried network settings, it picks up my Sky Wifi then after a few mins its drops out again, Wifi is working fine on my other Samsung tv in my bedroom and all my other devices its just on my main tv, its only 2 years old too and has always been fine up until yesterday

Massive pain in the bum as I use it for streaming, anybody any ideas as its frustrating me now, I've tried rebooting the router, etc and all to no avail

Some good techy guys on here

Have you changed router or router settings at all?

Doesn't sound like an uncommon problem for Samsungs (judging by Google), some people on here:
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/44808-42-samsung-smart-network-issues

Some have had success by changing the DNS server to 8.8.8.8 (or 8.8.4.4) by the look of things.

No change to router or router settings, it literally was working fine then bang

I tried the DNS thing

Its weird I go into Network Settings, it finds my Sky, I then try to netflix or stream and it drops out literally after a few mins, rather frustrating

If it was working fine and now is only working intermittently I would suggest it is the wireless module in the TV. Logically it wouldn't be anything else.

Can you try a network cable in to the TV? See if they holds?

Most of the time I start to try and find my wireless connection or try the DNS setting again and it goes back to the main menu screen, really frustrating

If it was working fine and now is only working intermittently I would suggest it is the wireless module in the TV. Logically it wouldn't be anything else.

Can you try a network cable in to the TV? See if they holds?

How much is a wireless module ?? who could I get to fit it ???

My router is in the bedroom and my tv the lounge so cant do the wired thing without a load of grief

I recommend TP link too. Basically allows to use regular wired connections (Ethernet) by two mains adapters. Connect your router to one, plug it into the mains then do the same at the other end.

Absolute frickin genius.

Luton is also right - get the TV checked especially if it is under warranty.

Could be software, might be able to run some sort of update? But could be something like a lose connection

Most likely intermittent interference affecting the wifi.

yeah, what's the distance?

any new electrical kit in the house, new dect phones, missus sitting on her new iPad between the two, new neighbours with a stronger router on the same channel?

Back