• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

WHY the summer window has been a success

wow, is this really a tottenham board, so much optimism, time for me to put a dampener on it, I'd give the window 6/10 for us for the actual signings and compared to what the other top 4/5 did.

and we've been awful the first 3 games, been lucky to get 5 points so i'm hoping for big improvements from the new signings and the team in general

Lucky to get the one point against Liverpool. We were clearly better than Palace though. Most definitely an earned 3 points. And against Everton I think we were the better team on the day, if any team deserved to win it it was us. Perhaps in total we're lucky to be on 5 instead of 4, but at the same time we could easily have been on 6 and I would have thought it fair...

Lucky to get the one point against Liverpool. We were clearly better than Palace though. Most definitely an earned 3 points. And against Everton I think we were the better team on the day, if any team deserved to win it it was us. Perhaps in total we're lucky to be on 5 instead of 4, but at the same time we could easily have been on 6 and I would have thought it fair...

But pool had one more shot than us and should have been down to 10 men in the first half. Mane was a second yellow multiple times

But pool had one more shot than us and should have been down to 10 men in the first half. Mane was a second yellow multiple times

I agree. But even so I think they were the better team that day and overall deserve the win. They had more clear cut chances than us and we looked shaky for much longer than they did. A second yellow for Mane (as he should have had) could have changed it. But they also could have been 2 up by then and we probably couldn't have had any complaints.

I agree. But even so I think they were the better team that day and overall deserve the win. They had more clear cut chances than us and we looked shaky for much longer than they did. A second yellow for Mane (as he should have had) could have changed it. But they also could have been 2 up by then and we probably couldn't have had any complaints.

Maybe but I think it's easier to highlight the bad rather than the good in that game

They flatter to deceive IMO

For me these are all excuses. We can get some of these deals over the line. Wages are an issue, granted. Competing with City for Sane is difficult sure, but there are still players such as Meyer (who we were linked to on the last day). These are gettable players but we have to pay. Ultimately what I'm saying is do we really want to be a top club or simply a well run club. Right now there's more of an excuse with the stadium move.

Look I'm happy with the way we are. I really enjoy the way the club is run. I'm just thinking objectively that if we want to win the league we need to behave like a top club. Look at Arsenal and Liverpool for instance. Arsenal have no excuse, they have their stadium they should be out there competing for the likes of Pogba or the best players in the world. Liverpool have gone into a season without a competent left back. It's almost irresponsible of these sides to not address glaring issues if they invest so much in trying to be a top club. Clubs work so hard to secure Champions League football and then behave like a mid table club when they finally get it.
In order to become a top club, we need to be a well-run club. One follows the other. I'd venture to say we've been in a prolonged "well-run" period and with the new stadium and NFL deal we'll start entering the "top club" period. But all this takes time, so patience, my friend.

Back