• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Who is the best Spurs manager/coach of the Premier League era?

Who is the best Spurs manager/coach of the Premier League era?

• Total voters
He won't get it. in fact not only will he not get it but he'll accuse you of being on the "wind up", and not admitting "you are wrong" when you disagree :ross:

What is there not 'to get' exactly - Jol's 'claims'? Is this your standard abusive response to anyone who disagrees and exposes the flaws in your reasoning?

You said yourself you wouldn't believe AVB but Jol is somewhat telling the truth?

You really are the biggest wum on here bar none - no wonder some many posters despise you. When I first signed up to GG used to wonder why but lately is has all come to the fore. Remember Manc in London? You always making it personal and always resort sniping at the posters instead of the post. Yeah, you definitely GET IT - genius of a man

Straight to ignore - serves me right to biting again ](*,)

Last edited:
I know the votes for Ossie, Ramos and Gross are joke ones, but Gerry Francis deserved some credit. He was one of our better appointments. I remember the year when we signed Armstrong, being pretty high up the table around Christmas. He did well.

Gross is no joke. His achievements before and after us speaks volumes, but coming into a mid table at that time with players that were more than settled in their ways could never end any other way. A complete overhaul of the squad would have been needed. If there was one manager who never got any backing from his chairman, it was him.

Francis did great for a while, but his transfer dealings weren't the greatest and he wasn't able to take that next step.

Gross is no joke. His achievements before and after us speaks volumes, but coming into a mid table at that time with players that were more than settled in their ways could never end any other way. A complete overhaul of the squad would have been needed. If there was one manager who never got any backing from his chairman, it was him.

Francis did great for a while, but his transfer dealings weren't the greatest and he wasn't able to take that next step.

So you firmly believe Gross was the best manager we've had?

What is there not 'to get' exactly - Jol's 'claims'? Is this your standard abusive response to anyone who disagrees and exposes the flaws in your reasoning?

You said yourself you wouldn't believe AVB but Jol is somewhat telling the truth?

You really are the biggest wum on here bar none - no wonder some many posters despise you. When I first signed up to GG used to wonder why but lately is has all come to the fore.

You are both moving into "dangerous" territory here. Stay on topic and drop the name calling. If you can't agree or even agree to disagree, just leave it.

So you firmly believe Gross was the best manager we ever had?

I have deliberately misinterpreted the question and think he is the best manager of those we've had (career wise, couldn't really vote Graham), but his time here wasn't very good.

And I'm not even knocking Jol there. I was just saying he's done okay at Fulham but nothing to suggest he'll be in line for the type of jobs he had before. The trouble is people get a bit funny when, rather than comparing Jol with just Glenn Hoddle, George Graham, Christian Gross or Ossie Ardlies, I broaden it out a bit. I think that says a lot.

Yes it does. It would have been nice to find out what kind of PR excericise designed to calm the fans jol intended though when the 2 players have left but when there's absolutely no response you can make that makes sense well then it's best to ignore that point and pretend you didn't read it i guess:lol:

I know the votes for Ossie, Ramos and Gross are joke ones, but Gerry Francis deserved some credit. He was one of our better appointments. I remember the year when we signed Armstrong, being pretty high up the table around Christmas. He did well.

He was awful, fella. The decent year and a half he had was because he inherited some good players: Sheringham, Klinsmann, Barmby, Anderton, Popescu, Mabbutt... a young Stephen Carr and Sol Campbell were coming through. All mostly the good work of Venables, who didn't get to build on it... then followed only one decent signing in 4 years (Ginola). Armstrong was good for a season. Ruel Fox for a bit less. Wasted millions on some who were not much good for any period: John Scales, Andy Sinton, Les Ferdinand, Allan Neilsen, Jose Dominguez, Ramos Vega, Steffan Iversen and ultimately Armstrong, Fox and Ferdinand too. Did we get a penny back for any of that lot? Dreadful football. Even that season we were top near Christmas, it was mainly thanks to route one for Armstrong to chase and then build from them. I would honestly stick him well below Graham and Hoddle because of the money he wasted and the fact he inherited some decent players. He only look any good because he took over from the even worse Ossie and simply balanced the midfield before taking out Dumitrescu. Still, a better manager would have made use of Dumitrescu. How did we go from him to Andy Sinton, Dominguez, Neilsen etc?

You are both moving into "dangerous" territory here. Stay on topic and drop the name calling. If you can't agree or even agree to disagree, just leave it.

Mate i haven't name called once on here whilst look at his posts throughout the thread. He's brought up other things on 2 occasions when we're debating football.

"so many posters despise you"....classic post from someone that prides themselves on this pact mentality. As soon as he sees a few posters disagree with me he jumps in and actually gets excited about it. he has no individual pride (the funny thing is he's on a lot of posters ignore list already and seems he doesn't even know it lol). His popularity on here means that much so so much to him, he literally prides himself on it. He's like that one guy in school that always wants to be with the popular gang, they may use him for their on purposes, but after a while they dispose of him a after his they've used him for their purpose yet he still comes back for more lol.

Mate i haven't name called once on here whilst look at his posts throughout the thread. He's brought up other things on 2 occasions when we're debating football.

"so many posters despise you"....classic post from someone that prides themselves on this pact mentality. As soon as he sees a few posters disagree with me he jumps in and actually gets excited about it. he has no individual pride (the funny thing is he's on a lot of posters ignore list already and seems he doesn't even know it lol). His popularity on here means that much so so much to him, he literally prides himself on it. He's like that one guy in school that always wants to be with the popular gang, they may use him for their on purposes, but after a while they dispose of him a after his they've used him for their purpose yet he still comes back for more lol.

If you want to discuss each other, take it to PM. That's all.

In fairness, I don't think Arc is in any position to comment on another poster's popularity :lol:

But doesn't the release on a free kind of suggest he was probably one of the weaker links rather than key? I know the fans might disgaree on that but it is obvious what Jol thought given he let him go.

He wanted to go back to WBA where he was a legend - can't expect much fee for a 32 year old - but he was important player for them - much like Parker was last season irrespective of age (if we sold him in the summer for free - would have been considered and key player)

In fairness, I don't think Arc is in any position to comment on another poster's popularity :lol:

He's oblivious to it though which is scary. He actually thinks he's respected on here:lol:.

I might get into it with certain posters on here but in terms of debating and posters actually respecting my opinion i can safely say i feel posters do. The great debates both on the forum and via pm and interactions i've had and still have (even with certain posters who we supposedly don't get along) is why i love this place but look at Arcspace posts to me...it's always to do with people hating you, not liking you, etc etc etc...he values it so so much yet in reality the people who crave it are usually the ones that are disliked more. I will always stick to my belief and my opinion and unlike him pack mentality doesn't turn me on.

He wanted to go back to WBA where he was a legend - can't expect much fee for a 32 year old - but he was important player for them - much like Parker was last season irrespective of age (if we sold him in the summer for free - would have been considered and key player)

It would have been a bit of a turn up for the books if we just released a guy on free who was one of, if not our best performer and who got into the PFA team of the year. Not really comparable with Gera, I think. Probably more comparable with releasing someone like Anderton, who *was* a key player for us but had started to fade and long before his last season.

It would have been a bit of a turn up for the books if we just released a guy on free who was one of, if not our best performer and who got into the PFA team of the year. Not really comparable with Gera, I think. Probably more comparable with releasing someone like Anderton, who *was* a key player for us but had started to fade and long before his last season.

His contract was almost / if not expired already - how were they meant to ask for any fee?

Back