• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Which managerial exit pained you the most?

Which managerial exit pained you the most?

• Total voters
None of them. Every single sacking was the right decision. I would not have sacked GG until after the Arsenal game but if we had won maybe he would have been unsackable. He had to go.

Edit..Venables was our best recent-ish manager but he thought he had his feet under the table and completely underestimated Sugar. Oh, and he sacked David Beckham.

Last edited:
I loved MJ but the writing was kinda on the wall, we had dropped off massively and I didn't see if getting any better, I wasn't happy with how it was done mind.

My answer is AVB, I really felt he was onto something and that if Levy had left him be he could get us competing for the title let alone top 4.

None of them really. They all had good and bad points, but it always felt like it was about right to call time when they went.

Often, the most fun we get as Spurs fans is dreaming of the next manager. :lol:

So who are you dreaming about this time?? Capello?? Klinsmann??

Ossie was sad because he was 6 points down on the suspension when sacked, and Francis immediately got those back…but the one that broke me was Glenn, simply because I wanted him to succeed so much. I loved him as a player, LOVED him, and wanted to see him lead us to silverware so so much. That he didn't work out was so sad. I think the bloke was a decade ahead of his time myself…

Jol was shabby for sure, and he gave us some pride back, but he wasn't squeaky clean by an stretch.

Special mention (of course) for Burky…there's the man who gave me the best years of my Spurs life.

Pleat was a difficult one, the 86/87 team under him was phenomenal, dodgy start next season, newspaper allegations, then a home game against Arsenal with 8000 Arsenal fans chanting "sex case! sex case! hang him! hang him! hang him!" while holding up blow up dolls - it doesn't get much lower than that.

Pleat was a difficult one, the 86/87 team under him was phenomenal, dodgy start next season, newspaper allegations, then a home game against Arsenal with 8000 Arsenal fans chanting "sex case! sex case! hang him! hang him! hang him!" while holding up blow up dolls - it doesn't get much lower than that.

Ah yes…low times indeed, especially given all the filth and criminals they've had in their time. Grim. I remember hearing about Pleaty's kerb crawling and just thinking '********'...

Jol, closely followed by Redknapp.

Jol brought such a great 'feel good' factor to the club. Redknapp because of what he turned our team into. Yes he ****ed up at the end, but if Levy could have seen beyond that we could have been on the verge of something very good.

Bill Nick-Sad end for our greatest.

Jol-Just sad. Loved the guy and and as Mullet' said the feel good factor he brought.

AVB followed by Jol.

With AVB I thought we were on the verge of becoming a professional, big club and joining the European elite under the stewardship of a guy that knew what he was doing and knew how to mix with the best. To think that the guys celebrating the winner at West Ham a few months ago are now gone, when it looked like EVERYONE was so passionate about making us great again...I am so angry we didn't see it through with him.

Jol second and not first because we did kind of drop off for the second season running having an awful start. We couldn't afford that after the money that was spent. And I was quite excited about Ramos before he came. I thought it would lead us somewhere good.

Jol for the emotional side because I loved him and really wanted it to work out. He had his flaws but I think he was treated very harshly and we'll never know what would have happened if he'd been allowed to sign the players he wanted (IIRC Martin Petrov, Sylvain Distin and Elano).

Harry for the footballing side. He also had his flaws, but I've been a fan for 20+ years now and he was easily the best manager we've had in that time.

Jol by some distance in terms of recent managers for me. It may have been the right decision but the manner of the exit turned me against the leadership of this club for a long while. I was at that Getafe game and I'm not sure I've ever felt more emotion about football than that night when the news started to filter through. As others have said, Jol made me proud to be a Spurs fan again, made going to WHL fun.

I really wanted Hoddle to succeed as well.

Tbh, you could very easily argue that pretty much all of them were the right decision. It was just emotional links/ manner of exits that were problematic

Jol by some distance in terms of recent managers for me. It may have been the right decision but the manner of the exit turned me against the leadership of this club for a long while. I was at that Getafe game and I'm not sure I've ever felt more emotion about football than that night when the news started to filter through. As others have said, Jol made me proud to be a Spurs fan again, made going to WHL fun.

I really wanted Hoddle to succeed as well.

Tbh, you could very easily argue that pretty much all of them were the right decision. It was just emotional links/ manner of exits that were problematic

Has there ever been another case of a manager getting sacked and the whole crowd singing his name for the rest of the match?

That was one of my most amazing (and heartbreaking) experiences as a Spurs fan.

Has there ever been another case of a manager getting sacked and the whole crowd singing his name for the rest of the match?

That was one of my most amazing (and heartbreaking) experiences as a Spurs fan.

No, because I can't recall any other instances of a manager getting sacked during a game. I do remember City fans chanting Sven Goran Eriksson's name after Thaksin Shinawatra announced he was sacking him at the end of the season though.

So who are you dreaming about this time?? Capello?? Klinsmann??

Nobody really jumps out to be honest. I am dreaming of someone coming in and doing a better job than anyone would expect. Maybe the man is Sherwood, who knows? We'll find out soon enough...

The Flying Dutchman. BMJ. The best manager we have had since Burkinshaw, IMHO. And Levy didn't pick him. Hahahaha!! If he had been given the same level of toys as more recent, and treated less scandalously, I just wonder; what if......?

AVB a close second. A modern manager given two zhyte deals at Chelsea and Spurs, IMHO. One day he will be great.....

The rest since Keith B? Crap/tossers/Capt. Hooks/wrong choice/dinosaurs/crowd pleasers/mentalists/communication breakdown/dubious.

And, Ladies and Gentlemen, the common denominator between all of this shambles is............?

Jol i loved the man, i loved our team after years of just following because it was our duty. I have never recovered from how we treated him, sometimes in life the has to be more to you as a person then just wanting success, for me jol made me feel good about supporting Tottenham, i will never give us up but i would love to feel that pride again.

Maybe in time Sherwood can do it, i was not expecting jol to be that man and he turned out to be the one. It is like when your friends with a bird who you think is pretty plain then one night your having a tug and you realise your thinking about her and actually she is hot. Maybe Sherwood can become the man. But Jol was and always will be the one for me.

:ross: =D> Brilliant post! Couldn't put it better myself.....!

[video=youtube_share;n8wU1At5JrM]http://youtu.be/n8wU1At5JrM[/video]

Having watched that again, in a weird way was it better to do it during a game so the fans could say thanks? So sad.

Bill Nic - I felt more sorry for him. He was too big a man for sympathy, so I went for Burkinshaw, as it wasn't just his going but his prescient "I remember this when it was a Football Club". The pain and sympathy then was for me.

Most here won't even remember them as influences in their lives, so I'll also go for Jol - who was shät on by the board-types when they should have been going for Berba's agent et al. IIRC, it came down to him refusing to guarantee CL place - what numpties.

Back