• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

What would you consider progress this Season?

Winning a cup doesn't mean anything other than having a bit of luck when it matters. Another top 4 finish means we've performed at a consistently high level all season.

I agree , the league is where it matters and I would like to see us in the PL title race for as long as possible. If, going into the last half dozen games or so, we're still in with an outside chance for the title like we did last season, then I'd be ecstatic.

As for the cups. If someone, has got to have this 'bit of luck when it matters' then I'd rather it be us than one of the usual suspects. I'd be more than happy let's say, to take a cup final win against the Chavs, one where they could bemoan their luck in, one where they could point to a poor decision made by the officials that went against them which proved costly.

I'd prefer to win the 'Spurs Way' but I think, I can also take our opponents going into games against us thinking, Spurs are bloody good but, they're also jammy bastards!

Top 4 again is, for me, a big sign of improvement. Showing it wasn't a one off, that last season wasn't just a bizarre blip in the PL narrative.

I don't see us going well in the CL purely due to using Wembley. The pitch is so poor and along with the new 'London Stadium:D' is among the worst in the country for fast flowing football.

More to it then that, allegedly we can not compete in Europe and also make the top four so i have no idea how we will end up.

More to it then that, allegedly we can not compete in Europe and also make the top four so i have no idea how we will end up.

I think the squad is improving and I think it will be interesting. Jannsen and Wanyama are both good signings I think with this in mind.

I think the squad is improving and I think it will be interesting. Jannsen and Wanyama are both good signings I think with this in mind.

Plus, Tuesday, Wednesday to Saturday or Sunday is easier than Thursday to Sunday (4pm)...though the ability to rotate with youngsters is much more diminished due to the games being much more 'high end'/'less disposable'...

Well we had Modric, Bale and King and i was always hearing we could not compete with Europe and getting in the top four.

Well we had Modric, Bale and King and i was always hearing we could not compete with Europe and getting in the top four.

I dont think we can "mail it in" or "do a Dortmund" this season. But dont get me wrong, Poch will have to up his game Europe wise and get them at it.......

I think we have a better squad now, a deeper squad with less range between incumbents

we can put out two reasonably equal 11's IMO

progress would be a status quo for us with the added involvement and pressure that is the CL so I would bite your hand off for another 3rd place finish.

4th I guess. But if we don't get it then its not the end of the world. I just don't want us to start losing our decent players (Kane and Lloris) before we get into the stadium.

2 years is a long time though in a footballers career.

Contention for the CL places come the end of the season, finishing 5th but 10+ points behind would not be good enough for me.

CL - get out the group and see what happens

Domestic cups - again go as far as we can, would be good to win one.

I think 4th still has to be the realistic aim, and if we outperform then perhaps we could get a position or so higher. Reason being:

- Chelsea, Man U and Man C have all strengthened a lot and all have better managers than last year - finishing above any of those, whilst possible, would definitely constitute outperforming where should be expected
- on the other hand, we have a better squad that Liverpool, Leciester, Spammers, Everton etc so should finish above them
- arse have bought 3 big money players but I dont see that we should feel inferior to them this year and should be fighting them for 4th

I'd certainly settle for 4th in the league today. Any cup runs are a bonus

Confirming top 4 credentials would be tremendous, although it already looks for all the world as though 3 of those spots are likely to be spoken for again, and we'll almost certainly have to finish above the Arse to get there. We ought to have a decent cup run in us at least, if we're all we're cracked up to be, and there's no reason we can't progress to the knockout stages of the CL either. I suppose it's inevitable that we'll come under pressure in terms of keeping the core of the squad together if we don't make that top 4, but I think it's important to put last season in perspective and just enjoy the ride.

Last edited:
Back