• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

What will Daniel Levy's End of Season Open Letter say??

Alex

Scott Houghton
I'm so intrigued to hear what he has to say...

There are literally no positives from the 2013/14 season. Perhaps winning away at Man United... and nifty away results at Saudi Sportswashing Machine & Southampton... but, besides that, I can't seem to think of a single good thing he can say.

Don't know but I imagine him sat there at his desk thinking what to write, getting more and more agitated before writing "I am a fish" and keeling over Arnold Rimmer style

Hi I'm Daniel.
U fans are gweeeeeeat.
We're building a new stadium more news soon.
We have no reason to sell our players.(vertonghen gets sold August)
I didn't take decision to sack avb lightly.
Some ****e about how our trip to Hong long last year has lined his hands with more money and he's hoping our trip to America this summer will be just as successful.

Dear All,

Our club gave you fifth last year and you celebrated, here's another 5th place.

Be happy you don't supprt West Ham.

dannyboy

Hi I'm Daniel.
U fans are gweeeeeeat.
We're building a new stadium more news soon.
We have no reason to sell our players.(vertonghen gets sold August)
I didn't take decision to sack avb lightly.
Some ****e about how our trip to Hong long last year has lined his hands with more money and he's hoping our trip to America this summer will be just as successful.

Daniel Levy posts on this forum!?!

I think there are quite a few positives:

1. Despite playing some awful, awful football, we were in contention for a Champions League place until yesterday. If we actually exhibited some competence, we could break into the top four.

2. We have managed to salavage Adebayor - the best calibre of striker we can attract - despite AVB's efforts to drive him out. He's the type of player we need to build our team around.

3. We've got a good core of English players - Naughton, Rose, Dawson, Livemore and Lennon or Townsend - who should form the basis of our 'second XI'. That's not said in jest. I do think it's important to have an English base, and these are the sort of players who can play the odd game and 'do a job', perhaps without pushing for moves elsewhere.

4. Despite having a monumentally terrible summer, we will be able to generate decent money by selling Paulinho, Chadli (yup, good game yesterday), Sigurdsson, and Soldado - as well as Walker (I most certainly would sell) and Capoue (I probably wouldn't), if we wanted to.

5. Eriksen looks a good purchase at, what, £11M. Yes, he's in and out, and was very poor yesterday, but he's 22 and has shown some excellent qualities.

6. We're in a strong financial position. For all the Levy bashing, he's done an excellent job. We could've spiralled out of control, financially or ability wise. Rather, the gap has been massively reduced between us and the 'top four' clubs. Look at the decline of United - our small dips are nothing on that shambles.

Dear Fans,

If I ever hear you chanting "Levy Out" again, I'm increasing the ticket prices by 15%

Kr,
Levy

something about wanting to keep Jan and Hugo but it became clear they were not committed to the future of the club. Therefore, we reluctantly agreed to sell them but made a fat profit.... after all, that is what it is all about

I'm hoping something concrete about the stadium (and not that it's made of it) and maybe an announcement on the next manager.

Hello,

Here are the league positions we finished in the 10 years before I took over, going backwards from 2001 to 1991:

12th
10th
11th
14th
10th
8th
7th
15th
8th
15th
11th

And the 10 years since:

9th
10th
14th
9th
5th
5th
11th
8th
4th
5th
4th
5th

Apart from the period of 1957 - 1963 (our golden era) and 1984 - 1989 (our other golden era), the last few years in the league are just about as successful a period as the club has had in 100 years. Looking back at the past and pining for glory days that didn't exist is kinda silly. We're doing ok.

Regards,
Dan

whats annoying is that the barrier of entry has never been lower, previously you had to be a well run club and carefully build and tend a squad, now all you have to do is spend ****loads of money (which all those years of being well run and selling players for big fees you'd think we'd have a massive stash saved up by now)

Back