• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

What is the worst ever decision taken by Daniel Levy as the Spurs chairman ?

What is Daniel Levy's worst decision as Spurs chairman ?

• Total voters
Everton fans can't wait to get rid of Kenwright. Same goes for Villa fans and Lerner. Anywhere the owner doesn't plough millions of his own money into the club it's simply assumed he's taking it out and not "backing the manager".

My answer to the original question would be taking too much time in the transfer window. I could have lived with missing out on Moutinho if we had done so with a week to spare or even a couple of days to spare, but you just knew we would miss out on the last day when Sky inevitably strung everyone along like they always do on deadline day. Or how about the phantom £40m bid for Aguero? Did we actually have any intent on following through or did Levy make a bid in the final few hours just to make it look like we tried to the supporters? :lol:

true, but whose fault is that, not a lot of difference in the products

Like I said in a different thread, he (Kenwright) has made some inspired managerial appointments (so far), had Everton consistently in the top 7/8 and even managed to finish in the top 4 once despite having to sell their top players like us, and he's done it using limited funds, nothing like the £100m we've spent in one window or £50m+ transfer budgets in previous windows.

Like I said in a different thread, he (Kenwright) has made some inspired managerial appointments (so far), had Everton consistently in the top 7/8 and even managed to finish in the top 4 once despite having to sell their top players like us, and he's done it using limited funds, nothing like the £100m we've spent in one window or £50m+ transfer budgets in previous windows.

But they've never aspired to do anything more, which sits badly with fans (deluded as they all are :lol:).

But they've never aspired to do anything more, which sits badly with fans (deluded as they all are :lol:).

They know their limitations, bit harsh saying they don't aspire to do anything more. They have tried to raise funds toward building a new stadium, clubs don't do that if they have no ambition. We know full well how hard it is with our budget to get in the CL even once and yet it doesn't stop us aspiring to become CL regulars/title challengers. I believe Everton made a very good decision to go for Martinez, with him I think they'll be closer to the top than they were last season.

They know their limitations, bit harsh saying they don't aspire to do anything more. They have tried to raise funds toward building a new stadium, clubs don't do that if they have no ambition. We know full well how hard it is with our budget to get in the CL even once and yet it doesn't stop us aspiring to become CL regulars/title challengers. I believe Everton made a very good decision to go for Martinez, with him I think they'll be closer to the top than they were last season.

Kenwright understands all too well, but there seems to be a large contingent of supporters at most clubs that simply won't accept reality and always moan that they're not spending enough, not showing enough ambition etc. Everton can't afford a new stadium on their own, but the local council ain't exactly being helpful.

I'd say Everton are working with the same raw materials as us, we've just monetized them more successfully which is where I would question kenwright, the Everton brand is probably worth more than he is getting out of it

I'd say Everton are working with the same raw materials as us, we've just monetized them more successfully which is where I would question kenwright, the Everton brand is probably worth more than he is getting out of it

Their merchandise operation, including the kit sponsorship, was sold to some company for a lump sum a few years. Can't remember the details of it, how long the deal was and if it's still running, but they're only making a fraction of what we are. They've often had to borrow against future tv income to cover running expenses.

I'd say we are more of recognised brand (hate using that term) worldwide than Everton are. We also charge far more for season tickets, just one example of how we bring more money in than they do.

I think we would all accept Levy is a better businessman than Kenwright, although I would say Kenwright is shrewder when it comes to the football side of things.

Last edited:
Shirt Sponsorship deals have been around since the late 1970’s. Everton’s current shirt sponsor is Chang and can amount to £4m a season. Well publicised agreements include Liverpool's £25m from Standard Chartered bank, Man Utd £20m from AON, Aston Villa £8m from Genting whilst West Brom receive £1.5m from Zoopla, Fulham £4m from FxPro and Saudi Sportswashing Machine will received £10m from Virgin Money.

Merchandise Sales revenue is more difficult to determine as usually only the total commercial income is revealed in clubs accounts. One club that does itemise this is Spurs, last year receiving £10m from merchandise sales. Following repeated losses, Everton outsourced this income stream in 2007 and their current outsourcing partner, Kitbag, pay Everton up to £3m per annum to control every aspect of our merchandise operation. For Everton this was an ideal solution, no need to invest in a complete overhaul of the commercial operation, no need to run a series of shops or operate an e-commerce website, no staff, no stock, in fact no costs whatsoever and best of all the payment goes straight to the bottom line, it’s pure profit.

Kit Supply deals recently became the primary focus for premiership clubs as they attempt to maximise revenue opportunities. As with all these arrangements the three reasons for entering into sponsorship agreements are awareness, image and sales. With new deals such as Liverpool’s £25m Warrior agreement setting the standard it’s a safe assumption that these deals, which had a total value of £90m in the premiership last season, are set to increase dramatically as clubs such as Manchester United look for significant increases and the likes of Tottenham close deals which double their revenue from £5m to £10m as did Emirates Marketing Project with their forthcoming £12m a season deal with Nike, commencing in 2013, which will only add to their £46m increase in commercial activity since 2007.

Financial Fair Play [FFP] regulations are designed to make clubs self-sufficient through a combination of commercial development and the delivery of revenue producing infrastructure. Stadium development can be costly, slow and disappointing, as Chelsea has just discovered, and which was also seen at Kirkby when as little as an additional £6m contribution a season would have been generated from a somewhat optimistic average attendance forecast of 47,000. It’s therefore understandable why Premiership clubs have placed such a strong emphasis on commercial development in a bid to increase revenue and levels of profitability.

Since outsourcing their retail and catering operations Everton’s total commercial income has seen a £5m improvement over the last five years; in 2007 it was £7m, 2008 £9m, 2009 £9m, 2010 £10m and £12m in 2011. By comparison Aston Villa has seen an £11m increase [£6m in 2007, £11m in 2008, £12m in 2009, £14m in 2010 and £17m in 2011] and Tottenham Hotspur a £20m increase since 2006 whilst Liverpool, despite something of a financial and footballing odyssey in recent years, has seen their commercial revenues increase by £34m [£43m in 2007, £51m 2008, £60m in 2009, £62m in 2010 and £77m in 2011] with at least an additional £13m to come from their Warrior kit supply deal in 2012, which will astonishingly take their commercial income alone past Everton’s total turnover.

www.keioc.net/index.php?mact=News,cntnt01,detail,0&cntnt01articleid=381&cntnt01returnid=15

But most idiots on here didn't want Suarez either because "rarely anyone succeeds from the dutch league"

:ross:

There is a world of difference between a foreigner playng in the dutch league and an individual from the Netherlands playing in the dutch league.

A massive mistake.

I don't like the man and can see through the ****ney barrow boy, knees up media darling horse**** roadshow that is Redknapp. His treachery ended up costing bigtime (no CL qualification - not 4th place - after his pursuit of the England managers job), and I wouldn't trust him an inch with the transfer kitty. Suarez? Nailed on, £22m and Redknapp changes his mind.... and advantage Liverpool (then again maybe its a trait in Spurs managers to spurn golden transfer opportunities.... Francis with Zinedine Zidane anyone?). Still, Liverpool got it wrong didn't they..... errrr, not!

But upfront? What company would employ someone with a major corruption charge pending? That decision was mind-blowing, and smacked to me of desperation, back in 2008. How the hell he can live in Sandbanks, a haven for the super-rich (not middle of the road football managers) is beyond me.

Remember Sven Goran Ericcson in his admission in the NOTW about a certain south coast football manager?

So you completely see through the only man since Terry Venables to get us a top four finish not once - but twice?

Please tell me, with your clearly immaculate insights, how flirting with a job much bigger than ours meant fair game in sacking our manager who, despite delivering the disgusting completion of two top four finishes and of course the unforgivable act of a Champions League Quarter Final, was so clearly unfit for the job?

So you completely see through the only man since Terry Venables to get us a top four finish not once - but twice?

Please tell me, with your clearly immaculate insights, how flirting with a job much bigger than ours meant fair game in sacking our manager who, despite delivering the disgusting completion of two top four finishes and of course the unforgivable act of a Champions League Quarter Final, was so clearly unfit for the job?

That's funny, I thought my post provided clear enough arguments as to why the man should never have been allowed anywhere near the manager role at THFC. I refer myself to my previous statement.

In terms of flirting with the England managers job, he should have been sacked for that alone, for dereliction of duty. We should have walked CL qualification that season and its down to Redknapp that we didn't.

Last edited:
Can we dig this out again please and add - SACKING POCHETTINO AND BRINGING IN MOURINHO.

Oh, and SIGNING ZERO PLAYERS ACROSS TWO WINDOWS.

Can we dig this out again please and add - SACKING POCHETTINO AND BRINGING IN MOURINHO.

Oh, and SIGNING ZERO PLAYERS ACROSS TWO WINDOWS.

I'd prefer to dig out your posts from last night and the responses you slinked away from and try and see if you can actually debate your point for a change

Last edited:
Back