• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

what is/isn't a sport

I think it's more to do with the physical exertion part. Yes, you walk alot, but it's not required to play the game and you can get one of those tiny cars.

WTF hahaha, Professionals are not allowed to use buggies, well unless they have a medical exemption

Golf doesn't do it for me personally as anything else than a recreational activity. As entertainment on tv it's dead boring.

Golf doesn't do it for me personally as anything else than a recreational activity. As entertainment on tv it's dead boring.

Really, oh well each to your own you would rather sit on a message board 24/7 I love playing golf, nothing can beat being out in the fresh air walking round a lovely pretty course with tree's, flowers, animals etc, as I said everybody is different

Really, oh well each to your own you would rather sit on a message board 24/7 I love playing golf, nothing can beat being out in the fresh air walking round a lovely pretty course with tree's, flowers, animals etc, as I said everybody is different

You just love putting words in people's mouths. I have no lack of fresh air or nature as I often go cycling or hiking.

Didn't say anything about cycling, but driving a car around a track isn't a sport, regardless of how fit the drivers are. A good level of fitness will help with most things in life.

Have you ever driven/been driven in a performance motor around a track?

Have you ever driven/been driven in a performance motor around a track?

Got no further than go carts. There are so many different car driving events that don't require extreme fitness, should they all be considered sports?

Got no further than go carts. There are so many different car driving events that don't require extreme fitness, should they all be considered sports?

I think all such events fall (and rightly so, imv) under motorsports. It's certainly not a 'game'.

Anything involving cars or horses - If you're sitting down it's not a sport. I will exclude rowing from that as it's your own effort that moves the boat forward, but not sailing.

Try doing a lap in an F1 car without a neck brace and then tell me it isn't a sport ;)

Racing takes dexterity, mental stregth, stamina and body strength... Sounds like a sport to me.

Just like with horses, anything involving cars depends just as much on the car/horse as the driver/rider. Doesn't work for me.

Just like with horses, anything involving cars depends just as much on the car/horse as the driver/rider. Doesn't work for me.

What a crock of brick, pardon me. A tennis player is directly affected by the size of their "sweet spot", how well the racket is strung, the feedback and vibration of the racket. The wrong stud choice can see you given the hairdryer treatment and packed off back to Spain. The correct diet and sports psychology can make two sprinters with identical atributes perform completely differently... Every single sport has it's own "technology" that the sportsman sees as a crutch. Just some aren't so obvious.

how about stock cars where they are built to run equal?

also, would anyone not consider sumo wrestling a sport?

Back