• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

what has happened to the transfer section?

Good list. The odds re pretty high that we`d sign of these

Benteke---Yes, I would be happy with that
Bent--- Darren bent?
Remy---Yes please
Mirallas- No thanks
Cisse-- Yes please
Kone-- No thanks
Fletcher--He can score goals
Michu-- One season wonder, no thanks
lambert-- Too old, not good, no thanks
berbatov-- Getting on now, should have got him back last summer
Lukaku-- The best of the lot, but chelsea wont sell

Presume that is Geordie Cisse that you say yes to but pass on 'one-season wonder' Michu.

Cisse hasn't even been a whole season wonder.

I wouldn't be upset if we gambled on Michu being more than a one season wonder. WOuldn't be my first pick of that bunch but even Benteke & Remy would beone season gambles.

I'd love Will Hughes! Carrick and Wheelchair have done well so perhaps England's not so bad at producing deep-ish playmakers, it's just that the more flashy direct wingers get more attention. They tend not to have as much team intelligence as a Carrick/Wheelchair or their European counterparts though, so it's harder for them to make the step up.

In general I'd focus on getting more subtle 'team' players like Modric this summer than direct players. I think we do need more acceleration/dynamism - the likes of Dempsey, Sig, Holtby look one-paced to me, and that's partly why they can't hold down the no. 10 spot - but otherwise it's the qualitative non-physical attributes that I'm hoping we scout more. I'm not as interested in pace and power as good movement, vision, touch, ability to take the ball on the turn, etc. I think defense will be better next season with Sandro and Kaboul, but in midfield/attack we need something to pull the strings together and orchestrate the lethalness we do have (admittedly that's mainly Bale and sometimes Siggy, but hopefully also a striker with teeth next season).

I really think Will Hughes is the best young English player since Rooney. He's like Tom Carroll souped-up with big hint of Gascoigne.

I agree that the most important thing for us this summer (probably just edging out a #9) is to bring in at least one intelligent ball player/retainer to help us keep possession and knit all our play together.

Radamel Falcao agrees €60m deal with Monaco

La Sexta, a TV station in Spain, have reported one of the most incredible transfer stories for some time: Atletico Madrid striker Radamel Falcao has agreed terms on a 60 million euro move to Monaco.

First off, it should be pointed out that La Sexta do not generally make up mad claims (according to the always awesome Sid Lowe) and this is a reliable source.

Secondly, Monaco are on the verge of promotion to Ligue 1 in France and have a fantastically rich owner in Russian billionaire Dmitry Rybolovlev.

Their low tax rate combined with huge financial resources have meant they are tipped to challenge PSG next season and many clubs in Ligue 1 are urging rules changes for a fairer system on player wages.

The rumours tonight suggest Falcao has agreed terms on a deal with Monaco for 10 million euros a season and that Monaco have triggered the Colombian’s release clause at Atletico Madrid of 60 million euros.

Amazing, if true!

That explains the thing I saw about the French league demanding Monaco move their headquarters within French borders.

I've just been checking out the obligatory youtube vids of this Croatian forward and he looks pretty much on the money in terms of his style of play - powerful, skilful, quick and a decent finish.

[video=youtube;aHkWeHg9YUo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=aHkWeHg9YUo[/video]

[video=youtube;wBoIMP1-7EI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBoIMP1-7EI&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Last edited:
Tbh this summer I'd be delighted if we just went out a signed 3/4 20 year olds like Roberto, Hughes, Clasie, Fischer and Rebic, along with perhaps one senior forward like Osvaldo.

I see your boy scored for AZ in the cup final tonight

Tbh this summer I'd be delighted if we just went out and signed 3/4 20 year olds like Roberto, Hughes, Clasie, Fischer and Rebic, along with perhaps one senior forward like Osvaldo.

Fischer is destined for Barca, who we and Liverpool are in talks for re: Cristian Tello also, who has an 8-10m release clause depending on how much apps he gets this season. Tello might be too direct imo - he's more about pace and dribbling and selfish shooting than the clever passing and technique you'd associate with Barca - but if we are serious about 4-3-3 then we need more wing forwards anyways. He plays on the left so I think Bale might play RWF more often next season, backed up by Townsend.

Matej Vydra is a more likely bet for young striker than Fischer, though I don't know much about him except he's pacy and fairly prolific in the Championship.

I'd be fairly happy with that list too. Add Maher for playmaker, though he probably won't leave the Netherlands just yet.

Tello might be too direct imo - he's more about pace and dribbling and selfish shooting than the clever passing and technique you'd associate with Barca

There's no way we'd get him anyway. We can afford him, but he's one of Barca's biggest young prospects. He's far better than Cuenca, Barca should have played him more this season to be honest. (Especially with Sanchez sucking for most of the season.) Even if Barca get Neymar this year, I can't believe they'd fail to persuade Tello to stay rather than come to us. It'd be different if Guardiola tried to get him maybe.

The Spanish league is going to be like Black Friday at the end of the season, we should try to do some shopping there. 5-6 clubs should be having fire sales, most of the clubs are in enough debt that they could probably be persuaded to sell even if they aren't one of the fire selling clubs and to top it off, the Spanish league has the types of players we need. Strikers that have been tested in a top league, technical players, deep playmakers, number 10s, etc. We'd get amazing value and the chances are we'd end up buying players that know how to pass and move.

Who is Fischer?

I'd expect AVB has a decent short list drawn up as he's had all year to get things sorted out. Can see a few relatively unknowns getting picked up.

I thought Tello has been pretty inconsistent - certainly ranked below Deulofeu's level in ability. Then again Pedro and Sanchez have not covered themselves in glory this season, so I guess Barca will give him a go.

I agree that Spaniards should be welcomed here. I think Isco is well out of our range now, but maybe Getafe's Abdel Barrada for CAM (23 year old with pretty decent figures - 6 assists, 2 key passes and 40 passes per game in a low-possession team...and bid for by Southampton, who I think have an eye for talent), Muniain (meh season but talented and still just 20) or Griezmann for wide playmaker, Benat for deep playmaker? Soldado for striker? I think they're all attractable if we had the funds, and good ages - Soldado's two years older than Aspas, who we were looking at in Jan, but the former is more of a real goal-scoring no. 9 while Aspas is more creative and kind of a loose cannon.

The Spaniards certainly come across as better on the ball when they move here - Mata, Cazorla, Silva, Michu all unmitigated successes. OTOH, it's worth noting that the likes of Gio and Carlos Vela are doing REALLY well over there right now, so it's not guaranteed those skills will always translate here.

I admire the Swiss league too atm. Think there are real bargains to be found in those smaller leagues that have improved their youth coaching.

Radamel Falcao agrees €60m deal with Monaco

La Sexta, a TV station in Spain, have reported one of the most incredible transfer stories for some time: Atletico Madrid striker Radamel Falcao has agreed terms on a 60 million euro move to Monaco.

First off, it should be pointed out that La Sexta do not generally make up mad claims (according to the always awesome Sid Lowe) and this is a reliable source.

Secondly, Monaco are on the verge of promotion to Ligue 1 in France and have a fantastically rich owner in Russian billionaire Dmitry Rybolovlev.

Their low tax rate combined with huge financial resources have meant they are tipped to challenge PSG next season and many clubs in Ligue 1 are urging rules changes for a fairer system on player wages.

The rumours tonight suggest Falcao has agreed terms on a deal with Monaco for 10 million euros a season and that Monaco have triggered the Colombian’s release clause at Atletico Madrid of 60 million euros.

Amazing, if true!

What a waste if he went there

Why would it be a waste? If they have the money to compete with PSG they will be in the champions league the season after next and challenging on all fronts.

It can take a while to get to a position where you're challenging for the Champions League, being in it and actually challenging are two different things. It's rare for teams outside the biggest leagues to actually be in with a shout to win it, it happens, but his chances will be greater at a bigger club for sure.

Even if they win the league at some point, if Falcao finishes his career with his only domestic trophies from smaller (outside the top 4 for sure) leagues I think it will have been a bit of waste of his immense talent.

Tottenham are hopeful of making Barcelona midfielder Sergi Roberto their first summer signing – regardless of whether they finish in the top four or not.

Andre Villas-Boas is desperate to add at least four players to his squad at the end of the season, and a deal to land exciting pass-master Roberto is advancing.

According to Marca, Spurs chairman Daniel Levy was in Spain last week to talk to Barcelona about the 21-year-old, who has grown frustrated with his lack of first-team opportunities.

The Catalan giants are not willing to sell cheap, but Roberto is said to be pushing for the transfer and wants to move to north London regardless of whether Tottenham have Champions League football or not next term.

Villas-Boas’ men are relying on others dropping points in order to finish in the top four, and captain Michael Dawson admits they only have an outside chance of making Europe’s elite club competition for next season.

But either way, Spurs are keen to land top talent, and midfielder Roberto represents just that, with his performances for Barcelona earning rave reviews.

It’s thought that Roberto could leave the Nou Camp for around £7million.

Why would it be a waste? If they have the money to compete with PSG they will be in the champions league the season after next and challenging on all fronts.

It's always a waste when quality players choose big money offers from lottery winners. Every time that happens, another part of football dies.

Back