• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

what has happened to the transfer section?

taking players from below us has always been how we operate, and i believe we will continue to do so

strikers from people below us

Benteke
Bent
Remy
Mirallas (on others mention)
Cisse
Kone
Fletcher
Michu
lambert
berbatov
Lukaku

those in bold being the best of the lot

Mirallas and Remy should be bolded imo.

We need a playmaker more than anything else, possibly even more than a forward, someone that can control play and unlock. Once thats sorted bring in a forward.

We need a playmaker more than anything else, possibly even more than a forward, someone that can control play and unlock. Once thats sorted bring in a forward.

Pjanic isn't getting many games at Roma, I wonder if we could tempt him. Try a double swoop for Pjanic and Osvaldo.

taking players from below us has always been how we operate, and i believe we will continue to do so

Benteke
Bent
Remy
Cisse
Kone
Fletcher
Michu
lambert
berbatov
Lukaku

Lukaku should theoretically be classed as above us surely. :-k

I think the whole Moyes thing gives us a good opputunity to look at Fellani. Surprised no one mentions him around here. Could be a great addition to our midfield.

I think the whole Moyes thing gives us a good opputunity to look at Fellani. Surprised no one mentions him around here. Could be a great addition to our midfield.

Overrated and not what we need, would be a waste of money.

Talking about Moyes and United, will this window be the one where Baines finally gets his move to OT?

According to croatian media, Spurs have made a bid for croatian striker Ante Rebica from RNK Split

The bid is 12 million Euro. The bid includes his salary over a 4-year contract.

Tottenham an offer of 12 million euros for Ante Rebića

It is clear that the British recognize the quality of the young Splitovog attackers, which many compare to Alen Boksic

The Youth Park yesterday landed 'bomb'. Specifically, from England to address the football club came Split offer for striker Ante Rebića (19). Tottenham made a formal offer to Rebic which offers a four-year contract by as much as 12 million euros. In this amount includes all his income in four years, and the club would be for damages, presumably, got six million euros. Such a high amount of rare they expected, and even the President himself Split Slaven Zuzul, who had previously refused to Dinamo two million, and did not blink when the Parma sent an official offer of three million. Few are able to assume that a player who is not representative and does not come from the club of international repute, could achieve such a high price.

But it is clear that the British recognize the quality of the young Splitovog attackers, which many compare to Alen Boksic. Transfer should be finalized this summer.

http://www.vecernji.hr/sport/vijest...du-12-milijuna-eura-antu-rebica-clanak-550778

According to croatian media, Spurs have made a bid for croatian striker Ante Rebica from RNK Split

It is clear that the British recognize the quality of the young Splitovog attackers, which many compare to Alen Boksic

The Youth Park yesterday landed 'bomb'. Specifically, from England to address the football club came Split offer for striker Ante Rebića (19). Tottenham made a formal offer to Rebic which offers a four-year contract by as much as 12 million euros. In this amount includes all his income in four years, and the club would be for damages, presumably, got six million euros. Such a high amount of rare they expected, and even the President himself Split Slaven Zuzul, who had previously refused to Dinamo two million, and did not blink when the Parma sent an official offer of three million. Few are able to assume that a player who is not representative and does not come from the club of international repute, could achieve such a high price.

But it is clear that the British recognize the quality of the young Splitovog attackers, which many compare to Alen Boksic. Transfer should be finalized this summer.

http://www.vecernji.hr/sport/vijest...du-12-milijuna-eura-antu-rebica-clanak-550778

That's the type of signing i was expecting. We need a young striker who is deemed to have potential. If the powers that be deem this to be him, then let it be so.

Difficult to comment on the price without seeing more of him. £6m

He has been linked with PSG and Dortmund. Are we being used to start a bidding war from the big boys?

Good, we need to bring in some (more) Croatians... Obviously I've never seen him, or heard of him, but he's young and Croatian, that will do!

Benteke
Bent
Remy
Cisse
Kone
Fletcher
Michu
lambert
berbatov
Lukaku

Good list. The odds re pretty high that we`d sign of these

Benteke---Yes, I would be happy with that
Bent--- Darren bent?
Remy---Yes please
Mirallas- No thanks
Cisse-- Yes please
Kone-- No thanks
Fletcher--He can score goals
Michu-- One season wonder, no thanks
lambert-- Too old, not good, no thanks
berbatov-- Getting on now, should have got him back last summer
Lukaku-- The best of the lot, but chelsea wont sell

Good list. The odds re pretty high that we`d sign of these

Benteke---Yes, I would be happy with that
Bent--- Darren bent?
Remy---Yes please
Mirallas- No thanks
Cisse-- Yes please
Kone-- No thanks
Fletcher--He can score goals
Michu-- One season wonder, no thanks
lambert-- Too old, not good, no thanks
berbatov-- Getting on now, should have got him back last summer
Lukaku-- The best of the lot, but chelsea wont sell

No Marcus ;)

I think it would be unwise to buy PL players this summer. Every premiership club will have so much more money from the new TV deal that they no longer need to sell and can offer better wages, so all the PL transfer fees will be inflated. That's also true for players outside the PL who will be coveted by multiple PL clubs, but I would rather take that risk with a larger pool.

Look at the players we've taken recently from teams below us. Dempsey, Siggy, Dembele - there are good qualities there but not to the standard of Modric/VdV/Berbatov, or Lloris/Vertonghen for that matter. The issue is that players in relegation or midtable sides face different kinds of opposition from us; the other issue is that the 'standout' players from those lower sides are typically the individualist point men who finish moves rather than start them, when it's the latter we need. If we want to compete with teams with much larger transfer funds than we have, we'll have to be more imaginative and risk-taking with our signings.

I do think Daniel Levy will be rubbing his hands at Remy's release clause though. Sigh.

Ante Rebića is certainly an interesting one. There are more than a few young-ish Croatian players playing really well across Europe atm, not just Modric (Badelj, Kovacic, Rakitic, Pjanic, Ljacic) so that league must be doing something right ;)

If we did get him that's a clear sign of scouting. I wouldn't expect him to jump into the first team, but it looks like we're looking for promising young strikers to groom for a start after another 1-2 seasons - Udinese's Matej Vydra (who we were looking at in Jan) fits this mold too. Hope that doesn't mean we'll take another stopgap striker for next season though.

I agree skyfarer, we're unlikely to make big money moves for PL players, prices were already inflated in general. Looking at last summer Dempsey was on the last year of his contract and kicked up a real fuss about leaving, Dembele had a release clause I believe, City were desperate to get rid of Ade. Sig wasn't really signed from the PL, but his German club were quite eager to get rid of him as it wasn't working out for him in Germany.

If we do sign players from the PL I would imagine that they will be in similar situations, short contracts, desperate to leave willing to cause problems, release clauses or clubs that are willing to sell for a reasonable fee for whatever reason.

I agree skyfarer, we're unlikely to make big money moves for PL players, prices were already inflated in general. Looking at last summer Dempsey was on the last year of his contract and kicked up a real fuss about leaving, Dembele had a release clause I believe, City were desperate to get rid of Ade. Sig wasn't really signed from the PL, but his German club were quite eager to get rid of him as it wasn't working out for him in Germany.

If we do sign players from the PL I would imagine that they will be in similar situations, short contracts, desperate to leave willing to cause problems, release clauses or clubs that are willing to sell for a reasonable fee for whatever reason.

Agree. I think AVB and Freund have a much broader scouting range than 'MOTD scouting Redknapp', so think we'll end up with a few starlets from south america and europe.

Will Hughes is about the only young lower league player worth pursuing at the moment IMO.

Last edited:
I'd love Will Hughes! Carrick and Wheelchair have done well so perhaps England's not so bad at producing deep-ish playmakers, it's just that the more flashy direct wingers get more attention. They tend not to have as much team intelligence as a Carrick/Wheelchair or their European counterparts though, so it's harder for them to make the step up.

In general I'd focus on getting more subtle 'team' players like Modric this summer than direct players. I think we do need more acceleration/dynamism - the likes of Dempsey, Sig, Holtby look one-paced to me, and that's partly why they can't hold down the no. 10 spot - but otherwise it's the qualitative non-physical attributes that I'm hoping we scout more. I'm not as interested in pace and power as good movement, vision, touch, ability to take the ball on the turn, etc. I think defense will be better next season with Sandro and Kaboul, but in midfield/attack we need something to pull the strings together and orchestrate the lethalness we do have (admittedly that's mainly Bale and sometimes Siggy, but hopefully also a striker with teeth next season).

Back