• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

what has happened to the transfer section?

Yeah, I think we have enough decent-but-will-never-be-brilliant CMs floating around; I'd rather spend the funds on possibly top-class potential like Hughes since I think our own youths can round out the 'above-average squad player' category in the future.

He's not a CM though. I'd prefer him to any of our current options for that left wing/forward spot. Has anyone actually seen this Will Hughes kid play or is this like Jack Butland again? I'm not sure he's even a permanent fixture in the Derby side yet.

He's not a CM though. I'd prefer him to any of our current options for that left wing/forward spot. Has anyone actually seen this Will Hughes kid play or is this like Jack Butland again? I'm not sure he's even a permanent fixture in the Derby side yet.

A good marker for Hughes was just how much he completely outclassed Tom Carroll when they were playing in the same side together (Hughes is a year or two younger as well). It was like watching Hoddle next to Micky Hazard.

A good marker for Hughes was just how much he completely outclassed Tom Carroll when they were playing in the same side together (Hughes is a year or two younger as well). It was like watching Hoddle next to Micky Hazard.

Mate, Micky Hazard was a superb little player.

No offence mate but how many of those games where Hughes and Carroll played together did u actually
Watch? Don't like having a
Pop but you give it like you've watched every game
Going ever when lets be honest in the period Carroll
Was at derby they might of been on tv once at a push? Or do you just read 'reports' and make your judgements on that?

No offence mate but how many of those games where Hughes and Carroll played together did u actually
Watch? Don't like having a
Pop but you give it like you've watched every game
Going ever when lets be honest in the period Carroll
Was at derby they might of been on tv once at a push? Or do you just read 'reports' and make your judgements on that?

Because of where I live I actually go to Pride Park more than I do WHL (some older poster may remember my scouting reports on Huddlestone when we were first interested in him 8 or 9 years ago). I only saw Carroll once there as he struggled to break into the side, but I've seen quite a bit of Hughes.

I haven't actually watched Hughes so unable to give my opinion but I heard that Barcelona were keeping tabs on him. Although if yeovil win the playoff final I will probably get to watch a few times next season.

Former England coach Terry Venables says Tottenham maestro Gareth Bale, 23, is the "calibre of player" new boss Moyes should sign at Manchester United.

Stay out of it Terry. The press doing enough of that without you chipping in!

Former England coach Terry Venables says Tottenham maestro Gareth Bale, 23, is the "calibre of player" new boss Moyes should sign at Manchester United.

Stay out of it Terry. The press doing enough of that without you chipping in!

But would these players want to play for Plain Jane David Moyes!

But would these players want to play for Plain Jane David Moyes!

Exactly, I dont think we have to worry about Utd taking our players for a while.. I think a big pull for Utd was Ferguson. I do not think they are going to be the same club for a couple of years.

Sky Sports Football @SkyFootball

Stoke City and Sunderland are battling for Croatian international left-back Ivan Strinic, according to his agent.

No, but they would love to play for Man United. You don't sign for the biggest clubs because of the manager. Even if you do, he could be gone in no time.

Supporter loyalty aside for a minute. If I was a player and next season I had a choice of signing for Utd and Moyes or Chelsea and Mourinho (all wages same etc) it would be a lot more difficult decision. If it was still Utd and Ferguson for me personally it would be a no brainer..

Supporter loyalty aside for a minute. If I was a player and next season I had a choice of signing for Utd and Moyes or Chelsea and Mourinho (all wages same etc) it would be a lot more difficult decision. If it was still Utd and Ferguson for me personally it would be a no brainer..

Agreed.

Ferguson's ability to develop and improve players along with his ability of signing players that were right for United must have influenced at least some players and agents in the past. It was rumoured that City offered van Persie more money than United did, and City were the Champions at the time. I think Ferguson factored into his argument in a way that Moyes at this point wouldn't have.

Back