• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

what has happened to the transfer section?

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/william-gallas-i-upset-my-teammates-to-get-best-out-of-them-8494621.html

Lisandro Lopez could have joined Spurs on a short-term deal in the closing hours of the January transfer window only for Lyon to hang on to the striker.

Shame. I rate Lisandro and he ticks the sexy foreign name box too.

What's interesting in that article to me is this quote from Gallas...

"The players here have the right mentality now because they want to win every game. If we draw a match, some of my team-mates can be very upset but that is a good thing. Two years ago, those same players were not thinking like that."

Taking it at face value I have to say I am delighted to read that. I want our players to be hurt when they don't perform well or drop points. It's a winning mentality that has been missing from this club for far to long.

I'm not really a big Gallas fan and never have been. For reasons mostly not football related I might add, but if he hangs around for one more season then I can see the benefit of it. The team is young for the most part but I do see a trend in our purchases in that they mostly leaders in their own right, or at least strong characters.

The famous 'Arbeit' section with Freund on Soccer AM had him listing off the names of the players in his Under-17 German side that would win the World Cup in eight years' time. Fabian Schnellenhardt, Emre Can and a few others.

It's quite feasible we will do so, based on that evidence alone.

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/arsenal/transfer-talk/news/arsenal-spurs-in-for-rode_69343.html
never heard of him but he fits the profile, young german and out of contract soon an international player as well me likey

A poor man's Holtby.

Think with Holtby, Dempsey and Siggy we've more than got that position covered too.

Id sell Dempsey and bring in Eriksen....most of all though i want Fischer. Boy looks good

He's much better than Dempsey

I'd have Dempsey over Eriksen every day of the week. Eriksen is the next Blondell.

Adam Maher is the real deal if you are looking for an exciting young midfielderfrom the Eredivisie.

He would not be a player you would want to get rid of based on the Lyon performance.

With Kaboul back any day, we just don't need 5 senior CBs.

If it's 2 from Gallas, Dawson and Caulker, then Gallas' age and salary is going to make the decision pretty straightforward.

Last edited:
I have no idea but we agreed a fee for him on 31 January and the selling club asked to keep him on loan and scuppered the deal. I am confident next season he will be at a new club, probably Spurs.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football...eandro-Damiao-admits-he-d-prefer-Italian-job/

a) That is the daily star.

b) Even if correct, it says our bid, already a club record, was rejected. And that 'few clubs have the ability to acquire him'.

c) This strikes me as the same as when we came so close to getting Moutinho on the last day. And how Levy was apparently flying around Spain one time putting in 30 million bids for Aguero, Llorente and Falcao. Not sure I'm buying it tbh.

Either stump up the money for Damio if we feel he is genuinely worth it. Or step away and find someone else we can afford/who is willing to come.

Yeah, Benteke's agent has pulled one from The Dantchev Repertoire and is touting his client - his 10-year client, no less - to the world at large, hoping to stir up an auction-like frenzy for Benteke's services.

Normally try to keep away from transfer-target speculation. But this would be just the ticket. A big, skilled, athletic beast who would feast on the service our wide play can generate in the goal mouth.

We'd become a two-man team.

Back