• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

What car do you drive?

Greg

Gus Poyet
Just bought an Audi A1, can't wait, not due until 16th Feb 2013 mind.

What does everyone else drive? Going to quite an upgrade on the banger I've got at the minute.

Last edited:
Ten year old Mini these days, got fed up with buying cars for good money and watching them depreciate on the drive because I drive almost exclusively for work and the company provide a van.

I seem to be drawn towards hairdresser's cars, over the years I've owned a Nova SR, Daihatsu Sportrak, Freelander, Saab 93 Cabriolet, Audi Coupe.

lM3Nx.jpg

I own a L200 4 work, love love love it, 10 years old 210k on the clock dents all over but has paid me back a thousand times over with work.
The wife has a Mazda 6 2.2d ts2 estate! Fantastic car goes like stink excellent handling and not paying for the BMW badge.

I'm currently driving a 9 year old Peugeot 206 1.1 and it has given me a lot of problems recently so finally decided to get a new one.

Going to be quite an upgrade from a 1.0 litre thing that takes half an hour to go up a hill to a 2.0 Tdi but I can't wait!

I used to drive an Alfa Spider - the sexiest affordable car out there - fudgein sex on wheels. I wanted to fudge it it was that sexy.

Then I decided to save a brickload of money by selling it (I drove it about 10 hours a month) and now dont drive and save £560 a month by using tube which is way quicker, way easier and more relaxing.

Volvo V70 D5 163 diesel horses. It's a good winter car, spacious and safe. Fits my needs at the moment.

I used to drive an Alfa Spider - the sexiest affordable car out there - fudgein sex on wheels. I wanted to fudge it it was that sexy.

Then I decided to save a brickload of money by selling it (I drove it about 10 hours a month) and now dont drive and save £560 a month by using tube which is way quicker, way easier and more relaxing.
If I ever get round to buying a Spider it will be Boat Tail.

If you have the money to buy an A1 brand new what the heck are you doing in a 9yr old Pug.

No car at the moment, like DHSF said easier to get the tube and I live in Zone 1 anyway, used to have an A3 and have driven a few Audis. Very smooth, good choice there.

Doesn't Sheikh or someone drive an R8 or was he taking the tinkle?

I might get one on lease via work, tax rate on a low emission car is only 10% or so. Can probably get a Fiesta or something like that for £170 a month all in with insurance.

Brought a jaguar xk 3 years ago after some good fortune, rarely drive it the wife likes it. Now mainly drive the alfa 147 gets me around and what i have to do. Drive aa luton quite a lot when on bigger contract jobs.

Should add i now hate cars, the things as gordi said just eat money.
I'm as guilty as the next bloke, they're status symbols, even when we step back from trying to outdo each other and decide to be anti-status symbol we define ourselves, wife has a (new shape as opposed to original, fake) Beetle and me a (new, etc, fake) Mini but both ten years old.

Expectations change, (that's good obviously), my kids can't comprehend my youthful concept of you'll drive anything someone will sell you a bit cheap and be bloody grateful just to be driving, they think they they can select a car acceptable to their peer group and I will buy and insure it. :ross::ross::ross:

Indulging the kids is her side of the good cop/bad cop deal. I'm determinedly bad cop.

Back