• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

West Ham ratings..

Mumorn

Vic Buckingham
Hugo Lloris - 8 - really really good today, caught everything, was off his line quickly and made a crucial crucial save from Matt Taylor moments before our equaliser, one of, if not his best performance in a Spurs shirt to date.

Kyle Walker - 6.5 - definitely more solid in the second half than the first, Jarvis was causing him problems in the first but I struggle to remember any moments where Jarvis even touched the ball in the second half.

Michael Dawson - 7.5 - solid in the air as usual and our superb form with him back in the side continues, I was wrong to have wanted Dawson out in the summer and I am glad he is proving me and doubters wrong with solid, body on the line performances.

Steven Caulker - 7 - I thought he was solid too, he is going to get better with age and experience, especially playing alongside Dawson too, could have had a hattrick today, should have most definitely have scored one.

Jan Vertonghen - 6.5 - He clearly isn't a left back, don't care if he plays there for Belgium, he shouldn't be playing there for us. He too was also more solid second half, we defended better in the second half I thought.

Aaron Lennon - 6 - Poor from Lennon today. Good tracking back but we can't expect that to be his highlight every game. Not in the game enough, players not passing to him? not demanding the ball enough? no idea but I hope he can switch it on against Arsenal on Sunday.

Scott Parker - 6 - Another poor game from him, silly silly foul too to concede the penalty, no need for it. Admittedly, he was better in the second half as were the whole team in my view. Needs to release the ball quicker though, I'm scared of the prospect of Wheelchair and Cazorla against him.

Mousa Dembele - 6.5 - Another game that wasn't his best but I put that down to him being on an early yellow and not over doing it. Still made some superb tackles and interceptions in dangerous places and seemed to release the ball a lot quicker than he usually does.

Lewis Holtby - 6.5 - Some neat one touch passing here and there but at times I don't feel players are on the same wave length, gave the ball away a few times trying for some balls that would have been good if they came off. I think he should start against Arsenal too.

Gareth Bale - 9 - Wins the game for us again, cracking opening goal and an even better winner, his best of the season. I could watch that goal over and over again, the lad is special and one of the best footballers I have ever witnessed in a Spurs shirt.

Emmanuel Adebayor - 5.5 - No idea how he hasn't ended up with a goal today. Touch was poor. I have no doubt though he will be well up for the Arsenal game, in fact I will probably put money on him scoring, he loves the occasion.

--

Gylfi Sigurdsson - 7.5 - I thought he was great. Calmed play down at times, passed well, wasn't afraid to put a foot in, hit the post and then finally got his luck when the ball came off Caulkers back and right into his path for the equaliser which set us on our way for all three points!

Tom Carroll - 7 - I liked what I saw. Calm on the ball, he got a 100% pass completion too when he came on, just looked assured on the ball and would love it if by the end of the season or even at times next season he can start games and we can start to see what he's like from the beginning of games etc.

Jake Livermore - N/A - Not really on long enough to rate but I do know that the LIVERMORE EFFECT is still intact, three sub appearances in the last three games and three winning goals in the dying moments!

Jake Livermore - N/A - Not really on long enough to rate but I do know that the LIVERMORE EFFECT is still intact, three sub appearances in the last three games and three winning goals in the dying moments!

And today that effect was actually quite direct - thought he did well to stay calm when the ball came to him in our own box, and he passed it out instead of hoofing it, which led directly to Bale's goal.

Good summary overall, though I thought Lennon has some good moments in the end and Adebayor deserved no more than a 4.

LLoris 8 Excellent, makes top saves look easy

Walker 6 Did well

Dawson 7 Solid again

Caulker 6 should have scored a couple

Vertonghen 5 Not at best at the moment

Lennon 4 Nothing, again

Parker 5 Conceded penalty, got bullied in midfield a bit

Dembele 6 Solid enough

Holtby 6 Did alright but I want more from him

Bale 10 WHAT A GOAL

Ade 4 Dear oh dear

Lloris 8 - perhaps caught out on the 2nd goal by J.Cole scuffing it into the ground but a great save from Taylor to keep us in it, dominated the box.

Walker 6.5 - great block from Jarvis but still looks like he has no idea what he's doing at times, not bad overall.
Dawson 7 - dealt with most of the threat
Caulker 7 - solid, unlucky not to score at least once
Vertonghen 6.5 - bad call to step up on the 2nd goal, otherwise decent

Parker 4 - dumb mistake nearly cost us the game
Dembele 7 - couldn't play his all-action game ater getting the early yellow, still played it nicely though

Lennon 6 - going through a quiet spell
Bale 10 - unstoppable, he deserves a higher score than 10
Holtby 6 - some nice touches here and there but not ineffective

Ade 5 - some nice touches but can't finish for brick, wow

Sigurdsson 7.5 - very bright when he came on, hit the post, got the goal
Carroll 7 - I just love that he can pass the ball
Livermore n/a - he did well, kept possession

LLoris 8 Excellent, makes top saves look easy

Walker 6 Did well

Dawson 7 Solid again

Caulker 6 should have scored a couple

Vertonghen 5 Not at best at the moment

Lennon 4 Nothing, again

Parker 5 Conceded penalty, got bullied in midfield a bit

Dembele 6 Solid enough

Holtby 6 Did alright but I want more from him

Bale 10 WHAT A GOAL

Ade 4 Dear oh dear

Same for me

Hugo Lloris - 8 - really really good today, caught everything, was off his line quickly and made a crucial crucial save from Matt Taylor moments before our equaliser, one of, if not his best performance in a Spurs shirt to date.

Kyle Walker - 6.5 - definitely more solid in the second half than the first, Jarvis was causing him problems in the first but I struggle to remember any moments where Jarvis even touched the ball in the second half.

Michael Dawson - 7.5 - solid in the air as usual and our superb form with him back in the side continues, I was wrong to have wanted Dawson out in the summer and I am glad he is proving me and doubters wrong with solid, body on the line performances.

Steven Caulker - 7 - I thought he was solid too, he is going to get better with age and experience, especially playing alongside Dawson too, could have had a hattrick today, should have most definitely have scored one.

Jan Vertonghen - 6.5 - He clearly isn't a left back, don't care if he plays there for Belgium, he shouldn't be playing there for us. He too was also more solid second half, we defended better in the second half I thought.

Aaron Lennon - 6 - Poor from Lennon today. Good tracking back but we can't expect that to be his highlight every game. Not in the game enough, players not passing to him? not demanding the ball enough? no idea but I hope he can switch it on against Arsenal on Sunday.

Scott Parker - 6 - Another poor game from him, silly silly foul too to concede the penalty, no need for it. Admittedly, he was better in the second half as were the whole team in my view. Needs to release the ball quicker though, I'm scared of the prospect of Wheelchair and Cazorla against him.

Mousa Dembele - 6.5 - Another game that wasn't his best but I put that down to him being on an early yellow and not over doing it. Still made some superb tackles and interceptions in dangerous places and seemed to release the ball a lot quicker than he usually does.

Lewis Holtby - 6.5 - Some neat one touch passing here and there but at times I don't feel players are on the same wave length, gave the ball away a few times trying for some balls that would have been good if they came off. I think he should start against Arsenal too.

Gareth Bale - 9 - Wins the game for us again, cracking opening goal and an even better winner, his best of the season. I could watch that goal over and over again, the lad is special and one of the best footballers I have ever witnessed in a Spurs shirt.

Emmanuel Adebayor - 5.5 - No idea how he hasn't ended up with a goal today. Touch was poor. I have no doubt though he will be well up for the Arsenal game, in fact I will probably put money on him scoring, he loves the occasion.

--

Gylfi Sigurdsson - 7.5 - I thought he was great. Calmed play down at times, passed well, wasn't afraid to put a foot in, hit the post and then finally got his luck when the ball came off Caulkers back and right into his path for the equaliser which set us on our way for all three points!

Tom Carroll - 7 - I liked what I saw. Calm on the ball, he got a 100% pass completion too when he came on, just looked assured on the ball and would love it if by the end of the season or even at times next season he can start games and we can start to see what he's like from the beginning of games etc.

Agree with all of that save for Lennon's, once Pogatetz came on he looked immensely dangerous. Got not change out of Demel, but had a rampant last fifteen minutes. Worth at least a 6.5, based on that alone.

Can't be arsed to do full ratings but.....

Lloris - absolutely class. He's had soooo many important moments in recent times, lucky to have him for those moments when our defence goes slightly braindead.

Walker - Thought he started shaky but got better, still some pretty stupid shots where there were better options...

Dawson - Great performance

Caulker - Looks like a real footballer I must say. Of course you can say he should have scored but it's a pretty big thing that he's getting in to those positions to start with, it's nice having someone who can do that, as long as he continues goals will come for sure.

Verts - Fairly good performance but wtf for the Cole goal....Jesus.

Lennon - I fudging love Aaron Lennon but he wasn't good today, and he hasn't been good for a while. Started playing once the fella with the long hair came on but that's too late, just doesn't seem to commit to much recently.

Parker - He does do some things well but he just doesn't seem to realise what he doesn't do well, and it's like everyone's too polite to tell him. Stupid challenge, definite penalty and lots of pointless runs forward which you just know won't lead to anything. So frustrating.

Siggy - So happy for the guy, looked classy on the ball and worked hard. Unlucky not to have two goals today

Bale - What can you say.

Ade - What can you say.................

Carroll - Lovely stuff, obviously a talented lad and wants to pass the ball about. Think he calmed things down quite a bit.

Livermore - Did well also, hopefully will get more minutes soon and will prove the doubters wrong once again.

AVB won the game again. But he should have started with Livermore and Sigg.
I am in a fudging good mood so I will forgive him.

Love Daws but thought he was dreadful tonight. Lot of stupid passes and was bullied at times. If Walker did some of the things Daws did, he would get slated.

Pretty low ratings I must say. We won away at West Ham, and the stats tell us this story:

62% possesion, 27 shots to their 14, 13 on goal to their 6, completed passes 394 to their 193.

And some of you give 4 to Parker and Lennon.. Now that's ridiculous.

Pretty low ratings I must say. We won away at West Ham, and the stats tell us this story:

62% possesion, 27 shots to their 14, 13 on goal to their 6, completed passes 394 to their 193.

Another case of Bale papering over the cracks. Lennon was quiet, Ade was useless, Parker was poor, Dembele was totally and utterly wreckless.

there is a reason west ham are in a relegation fight, it shouldn't have been close tonight, other than Bale and Lloris we phoned it in

(not saying Daws and Caulker did anything wrong by the way, they could phone it in as west ham are so toothless up front)

compare that performance with the way we tore them apart in the reverse fixture

We never got going until the last 10-15 minutes, but West Ham and their hoofball tactics have to take some of the blame. Nevertheless, we are a bit sloppy in possession, even if our plan clearly is to let the opposition run themselves tired.

LLoris 7.5 Two words "Sweeper keeper"

Walker 6 Good from walker

Dawson 7 Rock (See avatar - lot of love for this man.)

Caulker 6.5 - Frustrating. Played well but would have loved to have seen him on scoresheet.

Vertonghen 5.5 Form is dipping atm.

Lennon 4.5 - Kept out of the game.

Parker 3.5 - What does livermore have to do to start ahead of him?

Dembele 6 - Thought he was going to get sent off at one stage. Keep your head Moose.

Holtby 6 -Frustrating night for him, but I can see his quality in glimpses.

Bale 10 - Hero.

Ade 4 - Get out now.

Another case of Bale papering over the cracks. Lennon was quiet, Ade was useless, Parker was poor, Dembele was totally and utterly wreckless.

Well, Bale alone didn't produce those stats..

And I thought Parker was decent, he's comfortable on the ball, runs alot and tackles (i know the penalty was headless chickenesque). Somebody in the match thread asked who had the better ball control - Parker or Freund. I mean come on!

Lennon was okay as well. Only one I agree on was Ade, he was really terrible. Although he kept the ball well when we were securing the victory after Bale's wonder goal.

I agree with this sentiment. Especially don't understand the Parker bashing. He is there to assist in keeping possession, intercepting and winning possession all of which he did OK. The penalty was unfortunate but in my mind it was a tackle he had to try and make. The lack of creativity worries me in the team. It either comes from Bale on the left or set pieces, or Bale scores himself out of nothing. Lennon, Holtby and Dembele are meant to be creative players and if we want to ensure top four this season they need to start playing like creative players.

Back