• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

West Ham ratings..

Well, Bale alone didn't produce those stats..

And I thought Parker was decent, he's comfortable on the ball, runs alot and tackles (i know the penalty was headless chickenesque). Somebody in the match thread asked who had the better ball control - Parker or Freund. I mean come on!

Lennon was okay as well. Only one I agree on was Ade, he was really terrible. Although he kept the ball well when we were securing the victory after Bale's wonder goal.

Parker is certainly better at ball retention and passing than Dembele at the moment.

there is a reason west ham are in a relegation fight, it shouldn't have been close tonight, other than Bale and Lloris we phoned it in

(not saying Daws and Caulker did anything wrong by the way, they could phone it in as west ham are so toothless up front)

compare that performance with the way we tore them apart in the reverse fixture

West Ham have had some great results at home though mate? Beating them at their gaff is always a tough ask - they raise their game against us.

Didnt put a foot wrong all night.

We will have to agree to disagree.

In my view and off the top of my head, he lost a lot of headers, passed balls forward losing it several times and putting others under pressure when there was no need and after their second goal held them onside a la Verts.

should we not also be raising our game by the same magnitude, considering even 4th wasn't good enough for CL last year we need to be winning all our games against bottom half teams

Perhaps Lennon suits 442 more than 4231? He is at his best beating men wide, so when he has a more complex role, perhaps he is caught in two minds and ends up running into trouble or scuffing shots.

His best work was against Pogatetz when he went wide, skipped past him, got to the byline and pulled back some great crosses but no-one could quite get on the end of them.

I thought Verts put in some great crosses as well, which Lennon should have been on the back post for (but was too far away to capitalise)

Overall it seems we keep our left back deep during the first half and look boring, no progression, no ideas... then second half we release it more and as they get tired we steam into them from all angles.

We did it a few times recently

Or it might be that we just do this tactic when we aren't winning and need to go banzai to get a goal

These are the Sun's ratings which I think are about right

TOTTENHAM: Lloris 7, Walker 7, Dawson 7, Caulker 6, Vertonghen 6, Lennon 6, Parker 6, Holtby 6, Dembele 6, Bale 9, Adebayor 5. Subs: Sigurdsson (Holtby 55) 6, Carroll (Dembele 75) 6, Livermore (Parker 88) 5.

I would give Sigurdsson a 7 as he made a real difference when he came on. Lifted our team. Parker likewise in the last quarter of the game was back to his last season self. Driving forward and taking the game to them.

Although Dembele was not outstanding, he is so important to us. When he is in possession of the ball, it is very tough to win it off him. He picks up balls where others would concede and recycles possession, and can carry the ball past people - a 6.5 for Dembele.

Lloris probably deserves an 8 for me. Sweeper keep - twice or three times? So quick off his line. A couple of good saves. Maybe could have got a hand to the JC goal.

Lennons game also went up when carroll came on for us. Parker and Dembele not the quickest at releasing the ball and lennon needs that it seems.
Thought Ade apart from his shooting, which lets face it is appauling right now, was ok. Chased alot of balls down, held up ok wish i knew what has happened to his shooting ability tho, we cant always rely on Bale to pull us out everytime.

We never got going until the last 10-15 minutes, but West Ham and their hoofball tactics have to take some of the blame. Nevertheless, we are a bit sloppy in possession, even if our plan clearly is to let the opposition run themselves tired.

It really opened up in the last quarter. We had the better players.

United have been doing it for years.

Lloris 8 - heroic
Walker 6 - had troubles with Jarvis early on
Dawson 6.5
Caulker 6 - should have scored. unaware of Cole running behind for the goal.
Vertonghen 5.5 - bad decision on offside trap. not effective offensively.
Lennon 6 - anonymous until Pogatez came on
Parker 6 - always available for a pass. rash tackle. again, ran the ball into dead ends
Dembele 5 - anonymous in the second half
Holtby 5 - lost the ball way often.
Bale 8.5 - not the best number 10 for passing but who needs passing when you can shoot like that. great corners.
Adebayor 5 - good at holding up the ball and the only thing he did well tonight
-------------
Sig - 7 - Changed the game
Carroll - 6 - a few passes went to the back foot of receivers and slowed down the tempo.
Livermore - N/A

Parker is certainly better at ball retention and passing than Dembele at the moment.

I thought the goal would bring him on but he looked properly wound up tonight. Very close to getting sent off..but..but..his through ball for the opener.

I don't think Dembele and Scotty is as good as bacon and eggs.

LLoris 8 Excellent save kept us in it, though could have done better with their 2nd goal

Walker 6 Very iffy first half, let Jarvis get too many crosses in, better in the 2nd

Dawson 7 Solid

Caulker 8 Excellent and a constant threat at corners

Vertonghen 6 At fault for the goal and is definitely a CB not a LB

Lennon 5 Actually looked ill or something in the first half, better in the 2nd though

Parker 5 Looks like everything is happening too fast for him, too many pirouettes again, and a stupid challenge in the area

Dembele 6 Decent performance was hampered by a ridiculous early yellow

Holtby 6 Totally out of position, I'd like to see him in place of Parker in the middle

Bale 9.5 He should go into the DIY business because he's brilliant at papering over the cracks

Ade 4 Don't even know what to say any more. Didn't compete much and fluffed an open goal. While the rest of the team went mad and ran towards Bale when he scored the winner, he did what he'd done all night - nothing.

Sig 7 Made the difference when he came on, deserves a start next game

These are the Sun's ratings which I think are about right

TOTTENHAM: Lloris 7, Walker 7, Dawson 7, Caulker 6, Vertonghen 6, Lennon 6, Parker 6, Holtby 6, Dembele 6, Bale 9, Adebayor 5. Subs: Sigurdsson (Holtby 55) 6, Carroll (Dembele 75) 6, Livermore (Parker 88) 5.

I would give Sigurdsson a 7 as he made a real difference when he came on. Lifted our team. Parker likewise in the last quarter of the game was back to his last season self. Driving forward and taking the game to them.

Although Dembele was not outstanding, he is so important to us. When he is in possession of the ball, it is very tough to win it off him. He picks up balls where others would concede and recycles possession, and can carry the ball past people - a 6.5 for Dembele.

Lloris probably deserves an 8 for me. Sweeper keep - twice or three times? So quick off his line. A couple of good saves. Maybe could have got a hand to the JC goal.

He won us the game. That save at 2-1 was a worldie (new word?)

Daws coped with every aerial ball superbly; was on the floor after due to that pony Carroll lumbering into him.

I was watching in a pub with no commentary and I went for a tinkle after their second goal so who was at fault for that goal?

I thought it was Michael but other than that (ahem) I thought he was good but TBH for 75 minutes I thought we were 2nd best.

Lloris 8 Superb from start to finish. Game changing moment from him with the save on Taylor.

Walker 7 Did some good work tonight. Crucial block some time in the 2nd half.

Dawson 8 Captains performance. I thought he was superb.

Caulker 7 Occasionally I see a bit of nerves creeping in with his play but this guy will be our starting CB soon enough. Really wasteful in front of goal and should have punished WH for slack marking at least once.

Vertonghen 5 I'm not too sure why AVB plays him in this position. Added height for set pieces I suppose. He really doesn't play the left back role well. I also though he had a few moments of laziness tracking back when caught up field again. CB or bench for me.

Lennon 6 - My biggest gripe tonight with Lennon was that he was totally static out of possession. I know he is better than this but he didn't give his team mates an option. Had a bright spell towards the end but didn't show enough for the 1st hour of that match.

Parker 6 - I ashamedly was wishing at one point in the 2nd half that we wouldn't pass the ball to him. He was killing forward momentum every time though in fairness he did make some useful forays towards the end, and didn't lose the ball every time. His days are numbered though as his impact on the game is lessening visibly. Stupid peno to give away as well but aren't they all.

Dembele 7 Steady enough performance though a tad reckless at times. Still not at the levels he was when Sandro was beside him.

Holtby 5 - Poor choices from the lad a lot of the time. Gave possession up too many times and was rightly subbed.

Bale 9 - Footballing demigod. In one moment of inspiration has saved our season and I firmly believe that.

Ade 5 - For the first time tonight I could see a bit of desperation in Ade's face. Like he knows he's letting the team down with his wasteful finishing but can't seem to change it. Overall not as bad as some have said but sadly needs a moment to go his way. I know he is better than this.

--------------------

Carroll 7 - Very mature performance from the young man

Livermore 7 - Like Carroll, an excellent cameo and kept a calm head when needed.

Siggy 7 - Monkey off his back with that goal thank GHod and now must be close to a start.

AVB 8 - Right subs for me. Vertoghen was a poor choice to start at LB though. Too many sub par performances from him already in that position.

Last edited:
Lloris 8 - Epic saves. Starting to show us what he can really do. Offside trap was not helping him, but he played immensely.

Walker 6 - Decent defensive performance, got running in the attack but no major contributions.
Caulker 7 - Epic performance from the young lad. Took an immense performance to stop him scoring. If he continues those he will score goals.
Dawson 6 - Decent defensive performance.
Verts 5.5 - The lad did well, however he gets a penalty for allowing Joe Cole to run off him for the second.

Lennon 5.5 - Only really attacked his man once. Gets involved defensively but that is not what he is really there for.
Dembele 5 - Got booked early on with a stupid lunge, made him far less effective. Did not do well winning the second ball.
Parker 5 - Not great going forward, slows us down far too much. Rash challenge for the penalty. Did not do well winning the second ball.
Holtby 6.5 - I like this lad. He puts in a shift, he runs around gets involved and links up the play. Left wing doesn't seem his natural position though. Change seemed a tactical one taking him off for Siggy.
Bale 9 - The lad scored twice, he doesn't know how to lose at the moment. The fact the West Ham midfielders had to resort to just taking him down tells you everything. At least 3-4 West ham bookings on his own.

Ade 5 - Tried hard, chased the ball down, put the effort in. However you can't forgive the sitter he missed.

Carroll - 6.5 Was exactly what we needed at the time. Sat outside the box and just linked all our play together.
Livermore - N/A
Siggy - 7 - Two good strikes, one off the post and one round it. Should have got the assist, but for Ade. Deserved his goal, i think this lad is highly talented.

Jussi Jaskailinen - Absolutely immense performance from him..

AVB - 9 - This is partly due to the spirit he has managed to instil in the team. We don't always start strong, however we have been finishing games strongly for a while now. Good starting eleven. Made sense defensively and made the right changes.

Lloris - 7.

Walker - 6.
Dawson - 7.
Caulker - 6.
Vertonghen - 5.

Lennon - 5.
Parker - 4.
Dembele - 5.
Holtby - 6.

Bale - 10.
Adebayor - 5.

Subs: