• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Wembley 2017/18

Indeed. So as mentioned, expect Levy to do similar bundling next season in order to catch those who really only want to attend the biggest games.

My only concern is getting home after the game, along with others like K.D.D.D.D I dread the interminable queues getting back to Wembley Park tube station. But it goes like this, if it's a big game I'll put up with anything, if it's against a minnow the stadium won't be quite so packed so getting back to Wembley Park will be that much easier.
Ditch the queues at Wembley Park and head for Wembley Central instead. A lot less people there, and usually you can walk straight into the tube. It's only a marginally longer walk.

Category A = Scum, Chelsea etc

Cat B = Everton

You get the idea.

Probably not the exact same - there's probably four or five games that we can sell out at normal prices (or close to normal) and then the remaining will need to be judged game by game

Proposal for additional full capacity events at Wembley reduced from 31 events to 22.

From Brent planning committee report: "It is proposed that this condition is amended to allow Tottenham Hotspur to hold an additional 22 full capacity events between 1 August 2017 and 31 July 2018. This was reduced from 31 full capacity events that were originally proposed within this application. The remainder of the games played by Tottenham Hotspur at Wembley during that period would either fall within the existing cap or would have a capacity of less than 51,000.
As submitted, the proposal was to add 31 additional major sporting events for Tottenham Hotspur to play there, restricted to between 1 August 2017 and 31 July 2018. Theoretically this could have allowed up to 68 major events in total with a capacity of up to 90,000 people. The Council initially suggested that the maximum capacity of the proposed additional event is reduced to 61,000 (the capacity of the new stadium at White Hart Lane). However, the applicant was not willing to propose reduction as this would result in a part-full stadium with only parts of the upper tier being occupied by fans, which they did not consider would achieve an appropriate atmophere. Instead, following discussions with Council Officers, the total number of additional high capacity (up to 90,000 people) events has been reduced from 31 to 22 in order to reduce the number of instances where additional impact will occur.
"

The amended application is recommended for approval at the committee on 23 March.

https://pa.brent.gov.uk/online-appl...f/17_0368-BRENTS_COMMITTEE_REPORT-4274412.pdf

Proposal for additional full capacity events at Wembley reduced from 31 events to 22.

From Brent planning committee report: "It is proposed that this condition is amended to allow Tottenham Hotspur to hold an additional 22 full capacity events between 1 August 2017 and 31 July 2018. This was reduced from 31 full capacity events that were originally proposed within this application. The remainder of the games played by Tottenham Hotspur at Wembley during that period would either fall within the existing cap or would have a capacity of less than 51,000.
As submitted, the proposal was to add 31 additional major sporting events for Tottenham Hotspur to play there, restricted to between 1 August 2017 and 31 July 2018. Theoretically this could have allowed up to 68 major events in total with a capacity of up to 90,000 people. The Council initially suggested that the maximum capacity of the proposed additional event is reduced to 61,000 (the capacity of the new stadium at White Hart Lane). However, the applicant was not willing to propose reduction as this would result in a part-full stadium with only parts of the upper tier being occupied by fans, which they did not consider would achieve an appropriate atmophere. Instead, following discussions with Council Officers, the total number of additional high capacity (up to 90,000 people) events has been reduced from 31 to 22 in order to reduce the number of instances where additional impact will occur.
"

The amended application is recommended for approval at the committee on 23 March.

https://pa.brent.gov.uk/online-appl...f/17_0368-BRENTS_COMMITTEE_REPORT-4274412.pdf

That should be fine. Cant remember how many there were before but 22 extra games is still alot. An extra 39,000 fans is well over £1m gate receipts alone per game so financial upside is meaningful

All part of the original plan I'd expect. Original application for the full amount possible and then a few comversatioms and reduce the application a week before the hearing, effectively taking category C games and a few evening games out of the equation.

IIRC the extreme case allowed for full run through Euro-whatever and every domestic tie at home.

19PL fixtures includes a few where 50,000 ceiling would not see too many disappointed fans. No disrespect, but say Boro midweek in November.

It'll be interesting to hear from the OS once the fixtures come out.

All part of the original plan I'd expect. Original application for the full amount possible and then a few comversatioms and reduce the application a week before the hearing, effectively taking category C games and a few evening games out of the equation.
Shouldn't be much of an issue, perhaps we can even take a couple (if needed) from the existing full capacity license as the events Wembley normally have lined up may be affected by the fact that we will be in residence every other weekend and sometimes mid-week.

Tottenham V Local Wembley Residents
Venue: Brent Civic Centre, Wembley
Date: Thursday 23rd March
KO: 6.30pm

Background info:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...ng-wembley-capacity-next-season-a7644031.html

Tottenham set for crunch Brent Council meeting on full Wembley capacity for next season

Tottenham Hotspur are expected to take another crucial step towards playing at Wembley next season in a decisive Brent Council meeting on Thursday night.

The borough will decide whether Spurs can play as many as 27 ‘home’ games in front of the full capacity of 90,000 people next season. Under the current terms of Wembley Stadium’s planning permission, Spurs could only have five games at full capacity next year.

Tottenham initially asked the borough to be able to hold 31 additional full capacity events at Wembley next season although they have now agreed to reduce that number to an additional 22. Those 22 games, added to a maximum of five from within the current cap, would mean a maximum total of 27 full-capacity ‘home’ games next season.

That raises the slim possibility of Spurs not being able to play all of their games in front of 90,000 people, if they progress so far in the cups that they play more than 27 home games. Matches beyond the quota of 27 home games would have to be played in front of the reduced 51,000 capacity instead. Spurs have played more than 27 home games in just three of their last 11 seasons.

Brent Council officers have recommended that the planning committee accept the proposal despite vocal public opposition to the plans, which cited travel disruption and anti-social behaviour.

Brent Council received 164 representations concerning the plans, 156 of which were opposed and one was neutral. Local MPs raised concerns about the plans. Barry Gardiner, MP for Brent North, asked “whey there is a need for Tottenham to play games at Wembley’s full capacity”, while Bob Blackman, MP for Harrow East, wrote to the borough concerned that this would “set a precedent for Chelsea FC to use the stadium for a further three years”. The British Transport Police said that policing the extra full-capacity games would cost an additional £583,000.

Despite the concerns, borough officers have recommended the changes be adopted because of the “mitigation measures” they have secured to guard against disruption the additional crowds will bring. The meeting will take place at Brent Civic Centre at 6.30pm on Thursday. The planning committee is expected to agree to the plan, but if it does not Spurs will be forced into what the borough describes as the “legitimate fall-back option” of playing in front of the bottom two tiers, and a capacity crowd of 51,000 people.

Spurs are yet to finally commit to playing at Wembley next season as they wait to learn if the White Hart Lane re-building programme is sufficiently on track. If it is not then Spurs will play at White Hart Lane in 2017-18 then move to Wembley for 2018-19 instead. Spurs must make a final decision on whether they will play at Wembley or White Hart Lane next season by the end of this month.

Without being booed and hissed

Why do we need the full capacity?

Because it looks better when the stadium is full and we can sell the tickets cheaper, which would help draw in new fans. We're going to need 25,000 new regulars when we move into the new stadium.

Without being booed and hissed

Why do we need the full capacity?

Well I would imagine so they can get the full use for the all the CAT A games plus the likely European fixtures of which we should have at least 3 (fingers crossed). That is 9 already and then I would think they would expect a full capacity in any cup game that got a tasty draw plus games in the league like Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Everton. Better to have the ability to sell full capacity and not use it than want to and can't. I also believe they have said in order to balance the atmosphere and make it better all round that they want to offer teams around 8,000 allocation if we are using the 90,000 which I think is a good idea personally.

Hmmmm not looking good I would suggest. Bound to have an impact on whether Levy pulls the trigger for this season or leaves it 12 months

Question about the lack of people coming back to seats at England matches after half-time will that happen at Spurs
Donna Cullen replies: “Our fans don’t miss a second of our matches”.

I know we are trying to get this through, but I am afraid Donna has been a touch mis-informed on that one. I've lost count of the number of times the bloke(s) net to me have gone for their drink on 40mins and not come back until the 50th or more

Question about the lack of people coming back to seats at England matches after half-time will that happen at Spurs
Donna Cullen replies: “Our fans don’t miss a second of our matches”.

I know we are trying to get this through, but I am afraid Donna has been a touch mis-informed on that one. I've lost count of the number of times the bloke(s) net to me have gone for their drink on 40mins and not come back until the 50th or more

Terrible reply from Donna Cullen, she should have said "What the fudge as that got to do with whether we play at Wembley, as long as our fans don't do anything illegal they can do what they like, they've paid their money for the privilege". Do they ask the same questions about people not turning up at concerts till the headliner plays?

Back