• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Welcome Ange: To Dare is to Didgeridoo

Did you work for Phillips?!

I do remember he was different class that night. Was over the moon when we signed him.

On his day he was fantastic but obviously early mistakes made it difficult for him (even if he did somewhat recover).
Nah Tesco
Was a huge customer of there’s so I was guest of honour for their CEO at that game

It's entitlement mate, it's "I'm the main character" brick .. it's all the same

It's not a unique situation, it's the same .. if the players don't entertain me, I won't fudging cheer, I don't want to get banter from my mates so I rather my own club lose. Will it be any different next year if CL was in our hands and same scenario? no, same fans will do same fudging excuse, blame it on the players, coach (some brick about last 5 games) and back to "I rather my club lose that I have to take brick from mates/strangers"

Go look on social media mate, go look at the celebration of losing ...
I agree (and it was my experience on Saturday).

You'll find all the evidence you need on social media...that's where the fans you complain of eat.

Just stay off it as all you are doing is extending your matchday experience

This is a bigger worry for me than anything that happened last night.

As I’ve said on here before, the longer Ange has had with the squad the worse we have played. There may well be circumstances which help to explain this a bit, but it’s still a real concern.

Bentancur’s reaction last night doesn’t seem indicative of a fully happy camp. If I were Ange I know where my energies and concerns would be focused - and it wouldn’t be on the fans’ reactions to a unique set of circumstances.
Agree, the counter argument that 'if our results were reversed no one would be saying anything' doesn't stack up, because the whole point is that as the coach goes further along in a season the players become more comfortable with the coach's system and what he is asking and results and performances pick up, not regress - see Poch at Chelsea.

That being said, it is his first season in the most competitive league in the world and we will still likely finish 5th which would be a very good starting point. Also last night he showed he can adapt his tactics and not be so naive, that was encouraging (along with Dragusin who I really think should have been utilised more this season). But there is a lot of work to be done, both recruitment wise and coaching wise and it's not as simple an equation as give Ange more time = Success......

1 away win in 2024.
1 clean sheet in 20 games.
12 defeats in 27 games.
Bodied at home by all 3 of our rivals.
Out of both cups in 3 matches.

“The last 48 hours have exposed some fragile foundations”

Context is everything i guess
I’m getting the sense with Ange that he may be a little out of his depth. Which is not to say he won’t grow into the role or anything but he keeps spouting as if he knows the secrets to success and we just need to listen and follow. Fact is, he’s completely unproven at this level. Yeah he’s won trophies in Australia, Japan and Scotland but this is light years away from that.

Getting involved with a fan like that last night, digging out the support, some of the performances, tactics and decisions in recent months…those things don’t point to the Messianic figure he seems to paint himself as.

Ange has had a good first season on the whole. Not spectacular. Not hugely successful. But good. Better than expected. He should focus on the things he can control to do even better next year and make himself a better manager.

You know better mate, it's a development season for us and Ange

Really how many games this season were we truly brick? truly not in it? 4? with effectively 7 new first 11 players, massive injuries and competing against sides that have had their managers & systems for years?

I've watched a lot of brick Spurs over the years, this season for the most part has been a joy not because of the final results (even if 5th/6th we all probably would have taken at the beginning of the season, some results weren't good enough) but because for the first time in as long as I can remember we go into every game trying to outplay the opposition, trying to be the better team ..

Spot on mate, as per your other post.

My hope is that the madness of the last 48hrs subsides and people get ferociously behind Ange this summer and next season and don't hold this petty child like grudge about last night.

COYS

I’m getting the sense with Ange that he may be a little out of his depth. Which is not to say he won’t grow into the role or anything but he keeps spouting as if he knows the secrets to success and we just need to listen and follow. Fact is, he’s completely unproven at this level. Yeah he’s won trophies in Australia, Japan and Scotland but this is light years away from that.

Getting involved with a fan like that last night, digging out the support, some of the performances, tactics and decisions in recent months…those things don’t point to the Messianic figure he seems to paint himself as.

Ange has had a good first season on the whole. Not spectacular. Not hugely successful. But good. Better than expected. He should focus on the things he can control to do even better next year and make himself a better manager.

Does he actually paint himself as a messiah though?

However, i agree with the general gist of your post though

I’m getting the sense with Ange that he may be a little out of his depth.
Where does he paint himself as the Messiah? He just wants to win and isn't interested in anything else. If we end up 5th or 6th in our first season without Kane, and without a CF for much of the season, he will have done really well, imho. We have great defenders, but hardly a title winning attack, the mismatch is pretty extreme.

Does he actually paint himself as a messiah though?
He does a bit.

All those comments about not worrying too much about conceding from set-pieces, don’t stress about CL qualification, trust the process, suggest he thinks he’s operating at a different level to the mere mortals who surround him.

Not necessarily a bad thing in a manager, but there’s definitely a bit of a messiah complex going on imo… :)

We had plenty of other games to win that would have put us in a better position than we found ourselves in. We didn’t even compete in many of those games. Sorry I know the players wanted 4th but you can’t blame the fans for being somewhat happy about the outcome of the game.
Indeed it's as though people think we lost 4th spot only because of last night and that the fans had the same 'loser mentality' when we played Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Arsenal, Liverpool, Fulham, Fooking Chelsea etc etc

But “we’ve not stopped” them winning the league, all we have done is reduce the pressure on them for their last game.

They’re two points behind Emirates Marketing Project. If we had won or drawn it would have been in Arsenal’s hands. How do you not understand that? Both teams play at home and yes anything can happen but you would put money on both teams winning. You’d be the happiest person in the world if you swap Arsenal for Liverpool in this situation right now and honestly it’s getting a bit grating seeing other fans getting on their high horses about us being happy that we hurt our rivals chances. You truly don’t understand that but you’d be all for us throwing the game if it was Liverpool?

They’re two points behind Emirates Marketing Project. If we had won or drawn it would have been in Arsenal’s hands. How do you not understand that? Both teams play at home and yes anything can happen but you would put money on both teams winning. You’d be the happiest person in the world if you swap Arsenal for Liverpool in this situation right now and honestly it’s getting a bit grating seeing other fans getting on their high horses about us being happy that we hurt our rivals chances. You truly don’t understand that but you’d be all for us throwing the game if it was Liverpool?

Baleforce being Baleforce, innit:tongueclosed:

Everybody understands the rival impact, nobody has an issue with laughing at Arsenal AFTER the game

My issue (I won't speak for others) is fudging cheering the opposition, in game, in our stadium .. can you not understand that?

I think Ange is unfair to question the fans who have had to watch us get pumped for several games in a row. Yesterday was a unique set of circumstances. What i would have liked is seeing flexibility from Ange which we finally saw yesterday.

Exactly. Pretty much driven to the point of being desensited towards it happening again.

Can’t blame anyone for wanting that kind of showing when it’s actually convenient.

His job is to get us into a position where we have something on the line.

Everybody understands the rival impact, nobody has an issue with laughing at Arsenal AFTER the game

My issue (I won't speak for others) is fudging cheering the opposition, in game, in our stadium .. can you not understand that?

Sorry Ange it won’t happen again

Spot on mate, as per your other post.

My hope is that the madness of the last 48hrs subsides and people get ferociously behind Ange this summer and next season and don't hold this petty child like grudge about last night.

COYS
It will blow over very quickly IMO. Like both normal news and sports news, this was the big story of the week and like any story by the following week there will be something new replacing it.

Come Sunday our fans will be united in supporting the team in securing 5th place, and then back to the usual focus on what incomings and outgoings we have and how bad a chairman Levy is for not delivering Mbappe et al to us. In a weeks time I don't see there being any mention of last nights game, other than perhaps some Goon fans still crying about it.....

It was a weird set of circumstances last night. If we won I was happy but sad. If we had lost I would have been sad but happy.

The manager can't be expected to get his head around that. If you had offered me 5th at the start of the season after losing the best striker we've had in 50 years and one of the best players in the history of this country has ever produced I would have ripped your arm off.

His quote is a good one. He is saying he wants to change our focus. And I know it's what I always say... Because it's true...but because of teflon Dan leading us for a quarter of a century of failure we have become...well some of us. Victims of Stockholm syndrome. We expect failure and tolerate it. He is saying he wants to change that. And he is saying he can do it.

I wanted to win last night because we had the chance to get 4th. But I respect other opinions. It's always been about the 2nd season onwards with Ange. We have to give him at least 4 years. The football when it works is spectacular at times. It's fudging annoying when we play from the back and have to pass it into the stands. But this is a personell problem. Not a system.

Levy must go before Ange goes.

Think people are forgetting ange's job is on the line. He massively wants to be successful with us. Our own wanting us to lose must be a bit hurtful. Especially when we had a chance to get cl football.

So to the fans saying he should understand how they feel. Maybe try and understand how he feels.

Back