• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Welcome Ange: To Dare is to Didgeridoo

Our manager isn't happy we lost. Good.
It was a win win for the fans, beat city arsenal win the PL we may get CL, lose and CL is gone but we can console ourselves with arsenal not winning the PL. Very unusual for us fans to be in a win win situation, usually for Spurs fans it lose lose.
Mountains out of molehills.

A lot of points from last night's game are being lost because the focus is on the fan reaction.
We matched city last night, we played good football, pressed well and looked like we had a lot of our intensity back.
Yes city were possibly feeling the pressure, but then city have a history of being relentless at this time of the year. Also we were under pressure, CL qualification was up for grabs, there was a hell of a lot of chatter around our players about how we play/not play because of the arsenal position.
We could have won that game last night, and no one could say we would not have been worthy winners.
All of that without Udogie, Bissouma, Richie, with VDV out of position and dragu making his debut.
That is what we should focusing on, not some distractions about fans.

We’ve been (with one or two exceptions) terrible since January. Below Everton on points gained. “Transformed us” feels a bit strong.

Unfortunately, I’m beginning to think we’ve all seen this movie before. If Conte had behaved like that last night people would be completely losing their s h i t…
Conte’s rant ended with him taking a flight to Italy never to return. Ange said it’s on him to change the mentality around the club. Slight difference.

Ange is right, and Spurs fans need to take a deep look at themselves, last night was fudging embarrassing.

Disclaimer - Let's not get into the "who is a better fan" brick. I'm not policing if people are fans, I'm calling out people's fudging mentality and the fact that Spurs fans will clearly trade our club success because "poor me, my rival will give me some banter" (all the BS about "you don't know what its like to live/work with Scum fans)

Lat night our players gave everything, our manager gave everything and City never dominated any significant piece of the game (first 45 mins was probably the best I've seen us play), and when our players needed us, half the fudging stadium was cheering on City's results .. I was there, it wasn't some randoms, it wasn't some inconsequential percentage, it was a lot of fudging people.

If you want to laugh/cheer after the game or outside at a pub, all good, I get it, today it's funny the Scum won't get brick .. at OUR fudging stadium, shameful. And people know it, hence suddenly it's not last night, it was the other bad games .. no, it was last night at the stadium ..

15+ years of fans saying the club/team bottles it, last night our fans bottled it ..

Think one of the unfortunate things being lost is how Ange showed he had more than a Plan A last night. Was really impressed with how we lined up and played - wasn’t sure he had it in him. Very inventive set up to be fair to him and City struggled to cope with it first half.

City struggled with it all game, we outplayed them is what is lost.

We got leggy at the end because our bench was light

Conte’s rant ended with him taking a flight to Italy never to return. Ange said it’s on him to change the mentality around the club. Slight difference.
Yeah. I'm not getting late stage Conte/Mourinho vibes at all.

Think there's a lot of things building up to that outburst yesterday, some we know, some we don't.

Said it before, but I think Ange is looking forward to preseason and next season after a bit of a summer clear out.

Would not be surprised if 4-6 players regularly in the match day squad will gone over the summer and that they pretty much already know that. Combine that with a squad that was already lacking in quality/suitable options and injuries that's a lot to deal with. Add patchy form, losing out on CL, the weirdness of the game yesterday...

Probably tinkled he's lost a nice CL qualification bonus

I think you’re on the right track. He said months ago that top 4 isn’t the be all and end all. However, I wouldn’t be surprised if he was ahem…spoken to about how much importance the club and the hierarchy put on CL football.

It is exactly the same mate. In both cases, it's rejecting the idea of winning at any and all cost. Some things are more important, both to Ange and to the fans.

Which is fair. But then, you cannot have double standards about it imo - when I decide to sacrifice short term results for long-term gain, it's fine, but when the fans sacrifice short term results to avoid long-term pain, it is unacceptable. Doesn't work that way.

As for anger, I think he's wearily *said* he's angry a couple of times, but he actually meant it yesterday. Which to me is amusing - the fire and brimstone comes out when he's angry about the fans not doing their job, but it's pretty perfunctory when it comes to the players not doing theirs. Misplaced priorities imo.

But we'll only see a true measure of how much he holds the players accountable this summer, I think. If he really is angry at our abysmal collapse, a double digit number of exits and some harsh/brutal ends to Spurs careers are needed.

He’s already shown how ruthless and curt he can be towards players going out the door, see Eric Dier.

Ange is right, and Spurs fans need to take a deep look at themselves, last night was fudging embarrassing.

Disclaimer - Let's not get into the "who is a better fan" brick. I'm not policing if people are fans, I'm calling out people's fudging mentality and the fact that Spurs fans will clearly trade our club success because "poor me, my rival will give me some banter" (all the BS about "you don't know what its like to live/work with Scum fans)

Lat night our players gave everything, our manager gave everything and City never dominated any significant piece of the game (first 45 mins was probably the best I've seen us play), and when our players needed us, half the fudging stadium was cheering on City's results .. I was there, it wasn't some randoms, it wasn't some inconsequential percentage, it was a lot of fudging people.

If you want to laugh/cheer after the game or outside at a pub, all good, I get it, today it's funny the Scum won't get brick .. at OUR fudging stadium, shameful. And people know it, hence suddenly it's not last night, it was the other bad games .. no, it was last night at the stadium ..

15+ years of fans saying the club/team bottles it, last night our fans bottled it ..

Let's not get in to a who's the better fan debate followed by 4 paragraphs of berating people who were on the other side of the argument to you lol

Think one of the unfortunate things being lost is how Ange showed he had more than a Plan A last night. Was really impressed with how we lined up and played - wasn’t sure he had it in him. Very inventive set up to be fair to him and City struggled to cope with it first half.
To me it was more a case of plan A working well. With some tweaking, as there has been all season. And with some changes forced because of injuries.

City struggled because when our plan works we're a really good team. And because the current version of this system is better suited to this kind of game than a bus parking or tight mid block kind of team. And because we didn't give away a cheap opening goal early.

Let's not get in to a who's the better fan debate followed by 4 paragraphs of berating people who were on the other side of the argument to you lol

Mentality is not saying fans, fans had a moment to support their team, they chose not to, that's what I'm calling out.

Difference for me is I know this is where this goes, it's been a few years I've been considering giving up my seats because of exactly that .. the fans around me in our stadium, not our players/club/results. It will get worse and people will justify it ..

Mentality is not saying fans, fans had a moment to support their team, they chose not to, that's what I'm calling out.

Difference for me is I know this is where this goes, it's been a few years I've been considering giving up my seats because of exactly that .. the fans around me in our stadium, not our players/club/results. It will get worse and people will justify it ..
Maybe move seats
I have some right odd jobs near me and I’m considering it
I also hate the fudge wits that sold their tickets on but not in a controlled way. There was deffo arsenal fans there in front of me

You don't get to say you're not getting in to a better fan argument and then go on to do exactly that. There's absolutely nothing wrong mentality wise with not wanting to see your arch rivals win the league.

We should remember Ange lives in a Spurs bubble, and he should remember we do not.

Yeah he gets the odd tough intrusive question from the press, but we pay for the whole shebang and are the butt of many derisory comments.

Last night one of those sides popped but I hope it is not too damaging.

The key here is that CL wasn’t in our hands even with a win. If we could have sewn up 4th with a win I think the atmosphere would have been different. Hell, even if a win would have put 4th in our hands, again that’s a different situation. But a win that basically gives us a “chance of 4th”, oh and btw we still need Villa to drop points, i think Billyiddo said it just wasn’t a worthy trade for helping scum win the title. I wasn’t at the game, but at 2-0 I can imagine it was relief as a draw didn’t either team and would have been the worst result. I don’t think our fans reaction was unique, 99% of clubs would have reacted in a similar way in the same situation.

Maybe move seats
I have some right odd jobs near me and I’m considering it
I also hate the fudge wits that sold their tickets on but not in a controlled way. There was deffo arsenal fans there in front of me

I'm probably done mate, same as when I take a break from here .. You will see the responses even here, everyone will have an excuse of why it's ok, why I shouldn't call people out on it.

I go to games to enjoy myself and support my team, when that no longer becomes an enjoyable experience because of people who can only be bothered to support Spurs when the circumstance is right for them, I can't change them, I can only change my actions ...

Back