• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Welcome Ange: To Dare is to Didgeridoo

The key here is that CL wasn’t in our hands even with a win. If we could have sewn up 4th with a win I think the atmosphere would have been different. Hell, even if a win would have put 4th in our hands, again that’s a different situation. But a win that basically gives us a “chance of 4th”, oh and btw we still need Villa to drop points, i think Billyiddo said it just wasn’t a worthy trade for helping scum win the title. I wasn’t at the game, but at 2-0 I can imagine it was relief as a draw didn’t either team and would have been the worst result. I don’t think our fans reaction was unique, 99% of clubs would have reacted in a similar way in the same situation.

Think about the players, you think that felt good for them?

I'm probably done mate, same as when I take a break from here .. You will see the responses even here, everyone will have an excuse of why it's ok, why I shouldn't call people out on it.

I go to games to enjoy myself and support my team, when that no longer becomes an enjoyable experience because of people who can only be bothered to support Spurs when the circumstance is right for them, I can't change them, I can only change my actions ...
I think you should call it out
I called out a guy behind me a while back who spent the whole game complaining about Werner and Johnson..Until they scored

I think you should call it out
I called out a guy behind me a while back who spent the whole game complaining about Werner and Johnson..Until they scored

I did mate, and the guy wanted to "meet me outside" then fudging ran off the second the final whistle blew. And people around him were supporting ..

I called it out to the stewards as well, who fudging (I quote) said "everyone is cheering for City so we can't do anything"

I did mate, and the guy wanted to "meet me outside" then fudging ran off the second the final whistle blew. And people around him were supporting ..

I called it out to the stewards as well, who fudging (I quote) said "everyone is cheering for City so we can't do anything"
fudge me
Offering you out
What world was he from ….

The key here is that CL wasn’t in our hands even with a win. If we could have sewn up 4th with a win I think the atmosphere would have been different. Hell, even if a win would have put 4th in our hands, again that’s a different situation. But a win that basically gives us a “chance of 4th”, oh and btw we still need Villa to drop points, i think Billyiddo said it just wasn’t a worthy trade for helping scum win the title. I wasn’t at the game, but at 2-0 I can imagine it was relief as a draw didn’t either team and would have been the worst result. I don’t think our fans reaction was unique, 99% of clubs would have reacted in a similar way in the same situation.

But “we’ve not stopped” them winning the league, all we have done is reduce the pressure on them for their last game.

Ange shouldn't care about what fans think or want, his only concern should be about how the team performs and let's face it, it hasn't been good enough for the last couple of months. He should put his energy into sorting that out and in fairness last night was a big improvement.

The fans in general have been very supportive of him even during this poor run, but if he starts having a go at the fans it will turn sour pretty quickly if we have another bad run at the start of next season.

Think about the players, you think that felt good for them?
Players would have had more support if they didn't roll over and get their bellies tickled by Fulham, Chelsea, Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

I spent 10 hours and hundreds of quid traveling to and from Saudi Sportswashing Machine to watch that brick. Do you think that felt good for me?

And I'm not digging them out, it happens. Just as it happens that most people don't want to hand their most bitter rivals a first title in 20 years and never hear the end of it, just to have an outside chance of coming 4th and still winning nothing.

Mentality is not saying fans, fans had a moment to support their team, they chose not to, that's what I'm calling out.

Difference for me is I know this is where this goes, it's been a few years I've been considering giving up my seats because of exactly that .. the fans around me in our stadium, not our players/club/results. It will get worse and people will justify it ..
I think you are confusing the unique situation last night with the societal swing to negativity (or entitlement, impatience etc)

That's why it's a massive job if Ange thinks he wants to take that on.

Players would have had more support if they didn't roll over and get their bellies tickled by Fulham, Chelsea, Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

I spent 10 hours and hundreds of quid traveling to and from Saudi Sportswashing Machine to watch that brick. Do you think that felt good for me?

And I'm not digging them out, it happens. Just as it happens that most people don't want to hand their most bitter rivals a first title in 20 years and never hear the end of it, just to have an outside chance of coming 4th and still winning nothing.
That’s where a lot of frustration comes in
Everyone I know was impressed with how we played (near me) and it was miles better than what we have seen of late
The issue was for many… why now, why not last week

Agreed.
Although I actually think EL would be good. It'll be a chance to build a solid winning mentality.

I’m looking forward to it.

When I was just getting properly into football I was gutted when we lost against Sevilla twice in a row.*

A trophy we’ve won twice and were first ever winners off. It’s a shame that since then we have seldom taken it seriously.

I trust Ange will.

Edit: don’t know what made me think we’d lost twice in a row. Think it was actually Sevilla one year then PSV next

I think you are confusing the unique situation last night with the societal swing to negativity (or entitlement, impatience etc)

That's why it's a massive job if Ange thinks he wants to take that on.

It's entitlement mate, it's "I'm the main character" brick .. it's all the same

It's not a unique situation, it's the same .. if the players don't entertain me, I won't fudging cheer, I don't want to get banter from my mates so I rather my own club lose. Will it be any different next year if CL was in our hands and same scenario? no, same fans will do same fudging excuse, blame it on the players, coach (some brick about last 5 games) and back to "I rather my club lose that I have to take brick from mates/strangers"

Go look on social media mate, go look at the celebration of losing ...

Absolutely this. Three more points picked up recently (rather than three from a possible eighteen) would have had me wanting us to win last night no matter what it meant for Arsenal. As it was, the risk of handing them the title - and I don’t care what anyone says, we’d have been listening to that for decades…and which club would have been ‘small time’ then? - was too much for me, given there was still a very good chance of it being for no reward for us.
I'm probably done mate, same as when I take a break from here .. You will see the responses even here, everyone will have an excuse of why it's ok, why I shouldn't call people out on it.

I go to games to enjoy myself and support my team, when that no longer becomes an enjoyable experience because of people who can only be bothered to support Spurs when the circumstance is right for them, I can't change them, I can only change my actions ...
I can understand how annoying that must be if its happening regularly. Not my experience when I go, but I may well have been lucky with my seats.

I do think the reactions of some to last night’s fan reaction in the stadium (and I’m not having a pop at you) is being completely overblown.

This was a group of our fans reacting to circumstances involving their most bitter rivals which were probably once-in-a-lifetime. The same rivals who have actually created St Totteringham’s Day (or whatever the f u c k they call it) and now accuse us of being ‘small time.’

It’s over now. For me it turned out okay with regards to the result, but I completely understand some were willing to take the risk if we beat City and we’re able to go into the last day with an outside chance of CL.

I’m hopeful that Ange will have calmed down today and will be more measured in his comments. Getting into arguments with fans mid-match is madness for a manager, regardless of almost every circumstance.

I’m looking forward to it.

When I was just getting properly into football I was gutted when we lost against Sevilla twice in a row.*

A trophy we’ve won twice and were first ever winners off. It’s a shame that since then we have seldom taken it seriously.

I trust Ange will.

Edit: don’t know what made me think we’d lost twice in a row. Think it was actually Sevilla one year then PSV next
It was
PSV on penalties, away
I had to give Gomes the MOTM award as a guest of Philips… it was fudging Philishave
Was surreal

That’s where a lot of frustration comes in
Everyone I know was impressed with how we played (near me) and it was miles better than what we have seen of late
The issue was for many… why now, why not last week

You know better mate, it's a development season for us and Ange

Really how many games this season were we truly brick? truly not in it? 4? with effectively 7 new first 11 players, massive injuries and competing against sides that have had their managers & systems for years?

I've watched a lot of brick Spurs over the years, this season for the most part has been a joy not because of the final results (even if 5th/6th we all probably would have taken at the beginning of the season, some results weren't good enough) but because for the first time in as long as I can remember we go into every game trying to outplay the opposition, trying to be the better team ..

You know better mate, it's a development season for us and Ange

Really how many games this season were we truly brick? truly not in it? 4? with effectively 7 new first 11 players, massive injuries and competing against sides that have had their managers & systems for years?

I've watched a lot of brick Spurs over the years, this season for the most part has been a joy not because of the final results (even if 5th/6th we all probably would have taken at the beginning of the season, some results weren't good enough) but because for the first time in as long as I can remember we go into every game trying to outplay the opposition, trying to be the better team ..
Not disagreeing but if we had put in a better shift against one of the teams we lost.. last night may have been different

It was
PSV on penalties, away
I had to give Gomes the MOTM award as a guest of Philips… it was fudging Philishave
Was surreal

Did you work for Phillips?!

I do remember he was different class that night. Was over the moon when we signed him.

On his day he was fantastic but obviously early mistakes made it difficult for him (even if he did somewhat recover).

1 away win in 2024.
1 clean sheet in 20 games.
12 defeats in 27 games.
Bodied at home by all 3 of our rivals.
Out of both cups in 3 matches.

“The last 48 hours have exposed some fragile foundations”

Context is everything i guess
This is a bigger worry for me than anything that happened last night.

As I’ve said on here before, the longer Ange has had with the squad the worse we have played. There may well be circumstances which help to explain this a bit, but it’s still a real concern.

Bentancur’s reaction last night doesn’t seem indicative of a fully happy camp. If I were Ange I know where my energies and concerns would be focused - and it wouldn’t be on the fans’ reactions to a unique set of circumstances.

Back