• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Welcome Ange: To Dare is to Didgeridoo

There was one bit in the article where I completely disagreed with the author, but that had nothing to do with Ange (it was about some players). Some interesting quotes there.
I guess it was this part you disagreed with, and so do I!

"The shrewd signings of James Maddison and Micky van de Ven alongside the rebirth of players including Pape Matar Sarr, Yves Bissouma and Destiny Udogie -- whose careers at the club had all stalled"

Biss - ok, but Pape and Destiny hadn't really even started their career here!

I guess it was this part you disagreed with, and so do I!

"The shrewd signings of James Maddison and Micky van de Ven alongside the rebirth of players including Pape Matar Sarr, Yves Bissouma and Destiny Udogie -- whose careers at the club had all stalled"

Biss - ok, but Pape and Destiny hadn't really even started their career here!
Yup, that was the quote haha, shows the author probably does not follow us too closely.

The way Ange speaks though, always feels like he won't be around for too long but usually says it's because it's out of his hands. Don't think that's wrong, but I'm just enjoying the time he's here.

THinking about the above chat concerning how long Ange will be here, I was struck by his response to the end of today's press conference which really ran counter to a lot of fan/press prevailing thought.
Watch from 15.20

Reactions: jrh
THinking about the above chat concerning how long Ange will be here, I was struck by his response to the end of today's press conference which really ran counter to a lot of fan/press prevailing thought.
Watch from 15.20
That entire final answer made me rip my tshirt in half and run through the front door, smashing it to pieces.

I screamed wildly, as I spilled onto the street letting free a fierce barbarian's cry drawn from the very depths of my being.

This man is the boss.

That entire final answer made me rip my tshirt in half and run through the front door, smashing it to pieces.

I screamed wildly, as I spilled onto the street letting free a fierce barbarian's cry drawn from the very depths of my being.

This man is the boss.

... the Mrs wasn't happy about it, but such is life.

It's genius in that he takes the pressure off by saying CL qualification isn't the metric he judges progress by, but challenges the squad to strive to be number one.

Also keeps them on notice by saying the squad is nowhere near deep enough yet, he needs far more transfer activity etc.

Playing a blinder as I see it

It's a consequence of success, but not the aim. He'll take it of course, but other measures are more important to him.

Totally understand the need for it and it’s not ideal when our rivals have CL football and we don’t. We’ve finished in the top 4 on multiple occasions so getting CL football in itself shouldn’t be seen as a success and celebrating it now isn’t the same as when we first did it in 2010.

It's genius in that he takes the pressure off by saying CL qualification isn't the metric he judges progress by, but challenges the squad to strive to be number one.

Also keeps them on notice by saying the squad is nowhere near deep enough yet, he needs far more transfer activity etc.

Playing a blinder as I see it

I'm not exactly sure he is saying that in terms of judging progress, a league finish is a clear indicator of progress / getting worse but it's more about the outlook moving forwards. It perhaps wasn't a dig at United, Saudi Sportswashing Machine or even us under Conte's first season but the notion of it not meaning a whole lot to get in to the CL and then flop is one that resonates. Obviously it helps with the incoming funds but it's easy to spend that money badly, so one season in the top four isn't necessarily important. The long term success of Ange's stay will not live or die by whether we finish in a CL qualifying spot in his 1st season but it still is better to finish higher, it would have been even better to not have been total brick in the cups.

Obviously it's open to interpretation, I do like what he's getting at but it's not some unbelievably profound statement - Aim for the highest heights possible, as Ange said, why wouldn't you do that? It's up there with "take it one game at a time" or my personal favorite "Live laugh love" for generic motivational poster stock quotes. It's lovely having a positive attitude and all that but the tools to actually go out and achieve success are needed, and that's not unique to us, as always literally every club will do it's best to improve in the summer.

Some of this is just rather obvious and it's not all aimed at you nor directly aimed in opposition to what you've said, more just continuing the themes Ange touched on.

I'm not exactly sure he is saying that in terms of judging progress, a league finish is a clear indicator of progress / getting worse but it's more about the outlook moving forwards. It perhaps wasn't a dig at United, Saudi Sportswashing Machine or even us under Conte's first season but the notion of it not meaning a whole lot to get in to the CL and then flop is one that resonates. Obviously it helps with the incoming funds but it's easy to spend that money badly, so one season in the top four isn't necessarily important. The long term success of Ange's stay will not live or die by whether we finish in a CL qualifying spot in his 1st season but it still is better to finish higher, it would have been even better to not have been total brick in the cups.

Obviously it's open to interpretation, I do like what he's getting at but it's not some unbelievably profound statement - Aim for the highest heights possible, as Ange said, why wouldn't you do that? It's up there with "take it one game at a time" or my personal favorite "Live laugh love" for generic motivational poster stock quotes. It's lovely having a positive attitude and all that but the tools to actually go out and achieve success are needed, and that's not unique to us, as always literally every club will do it's best to improve in the summer.

Some of this is just rather obvious and it's not all aimed at you nor directly aimed in opposition to what you've said, more just continuing the themes Ange touched on.
You're such a barrel of laughs bro, and I daresay you're just about missing the entire point of Ange's handling of the media.

Back